Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 21:20   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Jetta has the best spare supply outside service station than most other cars. And its cheaper to travel to europe and buy parts than paying exorbitant taxes via service centres. Spares or service would be my last worry for the jetta after 4 years. For 4 years you are already covered under warranty.
Old 5th August 2016, 18:19   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Mine is 2016 VIN. To be shipped this month. Delivery 25-Aug expected.
I should be Finalizing very soon, Been Holding of our Car Purchase for over 6 months now. Which variant did you book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I am in the same delima. I was looking at choosing between the VW Jetta 2.0 DSG and the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG. Even though I was initially leaning towards the Octavia for it's power, latest platform and features, there was something about the Jetta that kept me hooked to considering it over the Octavia.
We Are indeed on the same boat. It was either the 1.8TSI or Jetta Highline AT. But The Running Expenses of 1.8TSI( Low Fuel Efficiency) and DQ200 have been putting doubts as the car has to go through the Daily Grind of Rush Hour Bangalore Traffic!
Hooked to The Jetta too and so is My Dad. The Timeless Yet Understated Design of The Jetta is something that I totally Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I finally made up my mind and was going all out for the Jetta until I got to know that there is an updated version expected in 2017 and so decided to wait. Now there are reports of VW not getting the 2017 Jetta to India at all. The Toyota Altis is feature rich and cheaper too but I know for sure it's not going to be anywhere close to the Jetta or Octavia in terms of driving pleasure. Even test drove the Cruze and it just didn't excite me.

Since I already own a VW and a couple of Skodas, I prefer the VW service experience waaaay more than that of Skoda. Really confused!!
I quite Didn't like the way The Altis Drives and also add the Ruber Band Effect of the CVT, Just Not blown away , The way Octavia and Jetta Got me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
You shouldn't be as there are approx 9000 current gen Jettas (facelifted and pre-facelifted) running on the streets of the country - average of 1800 per year, 5 years since the launch.

Now that's a huge number and spares shouldn't be an issue.
The Numbers sure state that it shouldn't be a Problem for 4 years. We've planned to keep the vehicle for a little longer, 5-6 Years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Jetta has the best spare supply outside service station than most other cars. And its cheaper to travel to europe and buy parts than paying exorbitant taxes via service centres. Spares or service would be my last worry for the jetta after 4 years. For 4 years you are already covered under warranty.
Also I've Heard That VW Service is much better than that of Skoda, Atleast in Bangalore! I am not worried about the resale value either, It's Just the Technical support and reliability for 5-6 Years is what I am looking for.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th August 2016 at 11:17. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 5th August 2016, 18:59   #333
BHPian

I've Just Got off The Phone with VW Palace Cross. My SA Tells me That there is a New Colour that will be Rolled out for the Jetta very soon. He was informed about the same at The Annual Training They've had at Pune and also that one of the Current Colours may be Phased out.
I really hope that the new Colour is similar to Tempest Blue Metallic or Platinum Grey which the Discontinued recently.
Old 5th August 2016, 20:00   #334
BHPian

Is there any news/statement from VW, on Jetta. Checked with the dealer at Hyderabad, they had no clue if Jetta is getting discontinued.

Last edited by mmmreddy78 : 5th August 2016 at 20:25.
Old 5th August 2016, 20:10   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
I should be Finalizing very soon, Been Holding of our Car Purchase for over 6 months now. Which variant did you book?
Mine is 1.4 TSI Comfortline Silk Blue.
And there is no Highline in TSI. and they have also discontinued Trendline in TSI. Only CL is available.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 5th August 2016 at 20:14.
Old 5th August 2016, 20:12   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is 1.4 TSI Comfortline Silk Blue.
And there is no Highline in TSI. and they have also discontinued Trendline in TSI. Only CL is available.
Yes! I meant Highline TDI
Old 8th August 2016, 15:55   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta Discontinued in India ?

Reports indicate VW is all set to discontinue the Jetta and Last Till Stocks Exists.
Quote:
Volkswagen says the Jetta is being discontinued for now because the new one is set to be even more expensive than before. A price sensitive market like India and high pricing don’t go hand in hand. However, the Jetta job of being high on the sales chart is being done by its cousin sibling from Skoda called the Octavia. A car which did get expensive then before as it came in the new generation to India. Jetta CKD kits could last not more 5-6 months before it is discontinued
Link
Old 8th August 2016, 17:38   #338
Senior - BHPian

Maybe some stock clearance discounts in the offing then? Pity though, it's a lovely car. Have been considering it for a while now - has just been beyond budget unfortunately. The new concept looks brilliant by the way:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-402684.aspx
Old 8th August 2016, 17:43   #339
Senior - BHPian

On the contrary, there is no discount/offer in August for Jetta.!
Old 9th August 2016, 10:36   #340
BHPian

Quote:
On the contrary, there is no discount/offer in August for Jetta.!
That's Surprising! All dealers in Bangalore are offering a Min ₹25k cash discount on a VIN 16 model and a Minimum of ₹70k on VIN 15 model plus Corporate Discounts on both
Old 9th August 2016, 11:23   #341
Senior - BHPian

^^ I quoted it from their portal. While Polo and Vento has offers Jetta had nothing. Last month the portal showed the discount of 25k.!
Old 11th August 2016, 13:30   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
My Advice is pick the manual version over the DSG .
Any particular reasons for that? Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 16:59   #343
BHPian

Sad day for Indian automotive as the Jetta is next in line to be discontinued by VW india.
link to the thread
Old 14th August 2016, 00:16   #344
BHPian

I was hoping to buy it as the High line TDi with auto transmission was very attractive. But looks like I will have to look for another like the Octi
Old 14th August 2016, 13:51   #345
BHPian

Have been using using Ford Fusion 1.6 petrol from 2005. I am used to excellent ride quality, noise insulation, suspension etc. Inspite of abuse never had any major issues.

Was looking for additional car for last 4 years, but the price vs VFM and the bar set by my current car hold me back.

After test driving, Corolla, Jetta, Octavia and evaluating pros and cons, buying Jetta made sense. First there were news from Autocar that Jetta getting discontinued. I reached out VW customer care to know if its getting discontinued, their after sales people called me up but they did not have such information.

I took leap off faith and I made booking for Jetta CL 2.0 TDI 2015 last Friday. Now again news in media forcing me to wonder if i am making foolish decision to buy Jetta now.

I liked octavia, as alternate option was considering 1.4TSI but would be loosing on safety features. I liked the Octavia for seating comfort and better color choice, MirrorLink, nimbleness.

My head says to go with Octavia. :Frustrate

Given the uncertainty can some one advise Jetta still make sense?

Most Viewed