Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 21:47   #376
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Jetta was scratched (Again) By a biker, So had sent it to the VW service center to get it repainted, Their painting place is on the second floor where they take the car via lift, Now after the work was done, While getting the car back down the lift got stuck and my car was stuck in the middle of nowhere for 3 days. Heights of being unlucky.
Ouch! Maybe she wanted some alone time .Im glad she came back in one piece though. Yea, these bikers have complete disregard of their surrounding and other peoples property!

Believe it or not, I Typed in "Did VW screw up somehow?" in my previous post and decided to take it out in the last moment
Old 4th September 2016, 22:31   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One:1 View Post
Ouch! Maybe she wanted some alone time .Im glad she came back in one piece though. Yea, these bikers have complete disregard of their surrounding and other peoples property!
4th time my car was scratched when it was PARKED! That too twice was in a mall ! Now that she is back in Mint condition i am scared to take her out, Specially now when a couple of festivals are around the corner.

Quote:
Believe it or not, I Typed in "Did VW screw up somehow?" in my previous post and decided to take it out in the last moment
I can understand, I thought of the same too for a moment, Until he told me everything in detail, No one could be blamed apart from my own luck.
Old 4th September 2016, 22:55   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1. Lock cylinder lubricant :: What is this?
A lube for the doors' locks. Useless addition so long as the locks work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
2. Mech care TMT :: Is this some additive?
Now this is some new sham! It it classified under labor but the labor work is already paid under the first serial.
Old 5th September 2016, 06:50   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Opps, thanks for letting me know Tilt.
You can go on this page, scroll down and click on the video "Here's how to register".

This process is applicable for all VW cars with the new composition media - including the Beetle.

Hope it helps - please tell me if it worked.
My VIN isn't being accepted. Did you manage to get yours to work?
Further more, We need to connect the system to the internet. I don't see any such options on the system.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 5th September 2016 at 06:52.
Old 5th September 2016, 11:10   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
4th time my car was scratched when it was PARKED! That too twice was in a mall ! Now that she is back in Mint condition i am scared to take her out, Specially now when a couple of festivals are around the corner.

I know that this may seem odd, but I've noticed even with my cars, when they're in "Mint" condition, some genius out of spite and jealousy will run into them eventually and rather within the same month. Now what i do is, i leave a few subtle battle scars to keep these geniuses away! It seems to work!

As far as malls are concerned,or any parking spot actually, pick the spot carefully, don't just slot it into the first bay thats available.even if it means walking a few extra minutes to and from the car.
One:1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 12:00   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Since Jetta is a CKD car, it is made in some other country; disassembled there for export to India, and finally assembled here in India. I guess there will never be India option for Jetta. Try selecting the country your car was made in- you can know that from your VIN number

Ashish, didn't work. My VIN cannot be accepted it says.

"Fahrzeug konnte nicht hinzugefügt werden.
Die von Ihnen eingegebene FIN gehört zu einem Fahrzeug, für das die Car-Net Dienste nicht genutzt werden können."

Basically it says that my VIN is one that that cannot be used with Car-Net.

Any other ideas? How did you manage to get yours accepted?

I chose Germany as my country of manufacture because that's what the VIN says. But I seriously doubt that because I have a cubby-hole liner mat that says "Made in Mexico". And Mexico is not available in the list of countries anyway.

Cheers
Old 5th September 2016, 12:46   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One:1 View Post
I know that this may seem odd, but I've noticed even with my cars, when they're in "Mint" condition, some genius out of spite and jealousy will run into them eventually and rather within the same month. Now what i do is, i leave a few subtle battle scars to keep these geniuses away! It seems to work!
Seriously!

Quote:
As far as malls are concerned,or any parking spot actually, pick the spot carefully, don't just slot it into the first bay thats available.even if it means walking a few extra minutes to and from the car.
Trust me i take every precaution possible, I never park in the open, I never park at an unknown place, I gladly walk distance to make sure my car is parked safe, But somehow even after doing all this, Something or the other happens, In the end i just blame my luck get it repaired and move on.
Old 5th September 2016, 13:30   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
...Now this is some new sham! It it classified under labor but the labor work is already paid under the first serial.
Taking a second look, seems like the labor for the AC disinfectant job. OP has mentioned that they waived off 1200/- and the 2 line items together amounts to 1.2K.
Old 5th September 2016, 14:00   #384
BHPian

My 2015 facelift 2.0 TDI DSG has 15K service intervals. However, there are no service coupons in the car manual and there's no list of jobs to be done as part of each service.

When I went for my 15K service, I asked the service manager about this, and he explained that they enter the VIN of the car in their software and that generates a list of jobs to be done for each service.

I asked about the reason for the VIN etc., and he explained that the list is not a standard list of jobs, but one that is customised for each individual Jetta, hence the need for the VIN to be entered. He said that two different Jettas might have different items listed on the job card for the same mileage.

I found that odd, because it sounds almost like condition-based-service like for the BMWs, but not completely, because it is based on mileage.

I did not know that VW had this. Can anyone else throw more light on this?

Thanks and cheers
Old 6th September 2016, 17:52   #385
BHPian

Hi guys, a quick update.

I have had my Jetta for about 5 months now. Just crossing 10000 km. Absolutely loving the car. Solid car with a mature ride and handling.

I have gotten used to the smoke from the exhaust once every 750 km or so, and I guess it's the dpf regen thing doing its job. Has anybody been experiencing this. A few friends cars have been doing the same, so I guess it's normal.

The things I don't like:
1. 2 rattles in the car, surprised. Will need to get it checked at 15 k service.
2. Memory seats sorely missed, especially when wife or driver drives the car.
3. The stock nct 5 s have become quite noisy and feel 'woody' (for the want of a better word). Braking is so so in the past 2500 km. I wasn't expecting the nct s to change within 10k km, considering that I was reasonably comfortable with them at the time of delivery.

4. Beige interiors plus 2 naughty kids is a recipe for disaster.

The itch to fiddle with the car has started.

Planned:
1. Tyre upgrade or 17" plus new tyres. Options considered are 225 50 R16 on OE 6.5 rims, other is 225 45 R 17 on new rims (considering the TSW Nurburgring or the Borbet XR)

2. Petes remap to 170 bhp tune. Will a remap affect engine life and components? Am planning to run this car for atleast 100k km. Is a DSG tune required for the stage 1 remaps?

3. Badge change to black ones. Tdi in black. Front grille in black. If anyone with a comfortline or trendline want to swap grilles... Chrome exhaust tip done. Got the preface lift mk6 black badges by mistake, so need to order for the right ones.

4. Suspension and brake mod after a while, with a bit of lowering. Has anybody lowered their ride?

Suggestions and opinions welcomed.

Happy motoring.
Old 7th September 2016, 10:26   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Planned:

1. Tyre upgrade or 17" plus new tyres. Options considered are 225 50 R16 on OE 6.5 rims, other is 225 45 R 17 on new rims (considering the TSW Nurburgring or the Borbet XR)

2. Petes remap to 170 bhp tune. Will a remap affect engine life and components? Am planning to run this car for atleast 100k km. Is a DSG tune required for the stage 1 remaps?

3. Badge change to black ones. Tdi in black. Front grille in black. If anyone with a comfortline or trendline want to swap grilles... Chrome exhaust tip done. Got the preface lift mk6 black badges by mistake, so need to order for the right ones.

4. Suspension and brake mod after a while, with a bit of lowering. Has anybody lowered their ride?

Suggestions and opinions welcomed.

Happy motoring.
#1. As you are considering a Pete's remap, this is a very good idea to change to 225 section tires. Even I was contemplating between 225/50/16 and 225/45/17. From the comment from many users who have tried both 16" and 17", if look is primary goal, then 17" is the way to go with a little compromise on the ride quality. If ride quality and grip is the only goal, then 225/50/16 is the best option. The discussion may be found from the below post onwards.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4010494

Do update which option you choose. I would be very interested in looking at the results. Also, can you provide links to some of the 17" alloys you are looking at?

#2. As the same 2.0TDi does duty in the Audi A4 with 177bhp tune, a remap should not affect the life of the engine, and I believe other components should also easily handle the power bump. Also, as long as the torque is limited to 380Nm, a DSG tune is also not required.

#4. If you need lowering, then you may have to go for coilovers (maybe KW street comfort). Otherwise, a Bilstein B6 with OE springs would provide a good improvement in handling - not that the Jetta needs any improvement What brake upgrade are you planning? I feel the Jetta has adequate braking even when you go for a remap.

Last edited by graaja : 7th September 2016 at 10:35.
Old 7th September 2016, 17:34   #387
Senior - BHPian

I am in a big delima regarding the VW Jetta. Rumor is that they will be phasing out the current 2015 Jetta but not introducing the 2017 Jetta in India as it will touch the 30 lakh mark.

Do not know whether to take the plunge and buy the VW Jetta 2.0 Highline DSG OR the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG.
Old 7th September 2016, 19:46   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I am in a big delima regarding the VW Jetta. Rumor is that they will be phasing out the current 2015 Jetta but not introducing the 2017 Jetta in India as it will touch the 30 lakh mark.

Do not know whether to take the plunge and buy the VW Jetta 2.0 Highline DSG OR the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG.
I am also in the same state as you are. I tweeted to volkswagen india and also wrote a mail to the customer care keeping the big man Andreas Lauermann also in the loop and the reply i got was "there is no official release regarding discontinuing Volkswagen Jetta from Indian Market". I am also one a Prospective buyer who had already taken couple of test drive and almost finalized on Jetta as no other car comes close to this Machine. I have attached the screenshot of my mail
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-volkswagen.jpg  

Last edited by Sree_hari82 : 7th September 2016 at 20:05. Reason: Attachment issue
Old 8th September 2016, 09:41   #389
BHPian

I don't understand the deal here. Even if the next Jetta isn't going to be launched, the current car is quite competent, and future safe. A 2 liter engine is substantial enough to keep the competition at bay for a few years to come.
The Jetta has quite a cult following, and will ensure good resale if it's maintained properly. The DSG is very good, and provided 19+ mileage on highway runs.

If it's the spare parts that you are worried about most of them are already imported now anyway, so that does not change anything. Also, the Octavia / A3 spare parts can be reused.

So what's the exact worry about the discontinuation here?
Old 8th September 2016, 10:55   #390
Senior - BHPian

When I was discussing the same issue with the Senior Sales Manager of Madurai, he said that all dealers and their employees have been instructed by VW not to speculate or disclose any information about new launches or discontinuation or even upgrading of any VW product to their customers in any form. So, there is no point asking a dealer about possible discontinuation.

Most Viewed