Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 19:03   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Highly unlikely MQB Jetta will show up (if at all) before October 2017. VW first has to satisfy demand across their core markets.
Old 14th September 2016, 11:44   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
New model as in The global MQB Based model? And March 2017 for India?
This is what is claimed by the sales rep at the Thane showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
My educated guess is that they may be talking about MY '17 cars, and not the next generation Jetta. Why? The new gen Jetta hasn't been revealed across the globe - so, I'll be very surprised if the Thane factory folks know when the new gen will be out and when it will be available in India. Bizarre!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Exactly. AFAIK, Manufacturers Start selling 2017 Manufactured Vehicles in Feb-March . They indeed might be talking about MY17 vehicle.
You guys have a point here. Are you saying it will be the same current car but manufactured in 2017? If so, why stop production in the first place? Unless of course it is either the global model OR the same current 2016 model with some added features. A sunroof maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Highly unlikely MQB Jetta will show up (if at all) before October 2017. VW first has to satisfy demand across their core markets.
You mean to say they will leave a huge gap between the Vento (15 lakhs) and Passat (40 lakhs) segment? In this case, will the Toyota Altis, Chevy Cruze and Skoda Octavia not make merry?
Old 14th September 2016, 12:04   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
In this case, will the Toyota Altis, Chevy Cruze and Skoda Octavia not make merry?
Maybe this is their way to push the Octavia sales up. just guessing. It's the same parent company. They are definitely not going to look at each brand in silos.
Old 14th September 2016, 12:39   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
There was a report in the August issue of the Autocar India that VW was unlikely to introduce the MQB Jetta into India as they could not price it reasonably. Which kind of makes sense as they have the Octavia at the one end and the Audi A3 at the other which makes the pricing band very narrow for the Jetta. Apparently the current Jetta production would continue till the CBU kits run out.

However as mentioned this would leave a big gap in the VW portfolio and also rob them of one of their best performers in terms of sales. However it is also in line with VW's strategy for India where VW views India as a low cost manufacturing hub for exports to markets like SA, Brazil etc rather than important in terms of outright sales.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 13:34   #410
BHPian

Hello folks,

My Jetta turned two years last month, I have already purchased 2 years extended warranty.
I am thinking about purchasing Road Side Assistance(RSA) for 2 years @4,555 INR. Details: http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/value...-warranty.html

My SA has informed me that it covers unlimited kilometers of towing coverage to the nearest VW authorized workshop as well. I forgot to ask about whether it is flatbed towing or normal towing. I have decided to go for VW RSA instead of car insurer's RSA only because of unlimited kms of towing facility.

Need your guys' opinion regarding it. How is VW's RSA? Is it worth to spend to 4555rs for 2 years?

PS: I have had three experiences of using VW RSA previously. All of them were regarding the jump start of the Jetta. Service was provided to me after almost 1 hour of request registration on two occasions (9 pm and 12 am respectively). However on the third occasion, they kept me waiting till the morning. Breakdown happened at 2 am. I was in the middle of the city (Ahmedabad, tier-2 city, 3 VW authorized workshops) during all these incidents.
PPS: Battery was replaced free of cost without any hassle under warranty.
Old 21st September 2016, 09:36   #411
BHPian

Picking up the Jetta Highline tomorrow.
Anyone knows how to retrofit a Reverse camera to the MIB II system?
Regards.
Old 21st September 2016, 17:38   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Regards.
I find parktronic pretty functional if not fancy. Give it a try for a few days.
Old 21st September 2016, 19:46   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Regards.
I've seen Sugesh From Vagtune install a Reverse Camera on MIB II System. You can Contact Vagtune
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:45   #414
Senior - BHPian

'Stella' - My Pre-Owned 2015 VW Jetta TDI AT

Hello everyone,

I was on the lookout for a brand new executive sedan early this month and the two options in mind were clearly the VW Jetta TDI and the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI. Since I already own a VW Polo 1.6 and a couple of Skodas, I was well aware of the after sales service experience from both these brands. The VW service was way ahead though.

However, as usual it was a matter of mind over heart. I always wanted a VW, DSG and Petrol Engine. As you can see, I could neither have all with the Jetta nor with the Octavia 1.8 TSI. There were sacrifices to be made here. After a lot of pondering, I decided to got ahead with the VW Jetta. So 2 weeks ago I called the dealership all set to book my new car. I was in for a rude shock when I was told that the car is discontinued. What was available were MY 2015 and MY 2016 stocks. The price on road was 25 some odd lakhs and after discounts around 23.5 lakhs some odd. Again, the decision of whether to spend a whooping 23+ lakhs on a discontinued model or 'settle' for the Octavia was playing in my mind.

My thoughts drifted to looking at a used car instead. The choices were – 2014/2015 Skoda Octavia, VW Jetta, VW Passat or Skoda Superb. There were plenty of cars available online.
A couple of Octavias – but they were either not an automatic or priced a little over 20 lakhs;
A good number of Passats – but they were obviously not later than 2012 and had an average of 70k kms on the odo;
Plenty of Superbs – but they were mostly old petrols with the DSG which were all know that we need to stay away from those. The diesel DSGs were again 2010/2011 with an average of 65k kms on the odo.
A fair number of Jettas – but they were either not the Highlines or were 2012/2013 with an average of 50k+ kms on the odo.

Then I spotted this 2015 Toffee Brown Jetta online in immaculate condition and with just 17k kms on the odo. Company warranty till Feb 2017 and registered with the VW factory in Pune. Asking price was 17.75 lakhs. I knew then and there that this is the one for me. Called the dealer on 06th September and informed them that I will come and see the car the next day. I was all set the next day to see the car but to my horror I get a call from the dealer telling me that a customer had just come paid a token and bought the car.
I was dejected and heartbroken and I had no idea why as I had never felt like this before. For some reason I felt attached to this car even without seeing it. I dropped the idea and decided to wait for next year to check out the upcoming models. A week passed and I kept myself busy with my work trying to forget this heartbreak.
On the night of 11th September I get a call from the dealer telling me that the deal on the Jetta got cancelled as the customer’s loan did not go through and that the car is available for sale again. I did not know how to react but I knew that I had to at least see the car as this was a second calling. On 12th September first thing in the morning I hurried to the dealer to check out the car. It was an awesome sight!! Everything was in immaculate condition just like in the pictures online. I still called my VW contacts to get the service history of the car and it was clean. The car was apparently used by press during test drives for reviews and then used by one of the VW executives in Pune. Gave a token amount after negotiations and decided to pick the car the next day.
On 13th September I decided to check out a few other used car dealers on the way to pick the car and wasn’t really impressed with the cars available. Even checked out a 2012 Audi A4 but found it pretty cramped. I was convinced that the Jetta it has to be. Reached the dealer in the evening and picked up the car.

So I present to you ‘Stella’ my 2015 VW Jetta Highline TDI AT.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-front-drl.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-rear.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-front-right.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-rear-left.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-front-dash.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-front-interior.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-console.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-engine.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-steering.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-tyre.jpg  

Epic is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 15:03   #415
BHPian

Re: 'Stella' - My Pre-Owned 2015 VW Jetta TDI AT

Congratulations!! I am myself on the lookout for a similar Jetta here in Delhi, but hardly any options.

Do you mind disclosing how much did you close the deal at finally?

Wish you many happy miles with Stella.
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Congratulations!! I am myself on the lookout for a similar Jetta here in Delhi, but hardly any options.

Do you mind disclosing how much did you close the deal at finally?

Wish you many happy miles with Stella.
I closed the deal at 17 lakhs. I believe I could have done better but I was so much in awe of the car and in a hurry to pick it up that I did not put too much effort in negotiating further.

In the last couple of days there has been heavy continuous rains in Mumbai and the one issue that I have come across on my Jetta a slight fogging of the headlamps.

I spoke to my VW authorised centre and I have been told that this is apparently a common complaint by many owners of 2015 Polo, Vento and Jetta. He has still asked me to bring the car for a check-up. Anybody else facing this issue?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd September 2016 at 20:56.
Epic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:24   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Bookings for 2017 Jetta starts in Malaysia. Whether will be released in India is still not known!

Volkswagen Jetta facelift specs released – xenon headlights, keyless entry, powered leather seats , etc. The revised C-segment sedan will be offered in three trim levels this time around, these being Trendline, Comfortline and Highline.

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-2016volkswagenjettainmalaysia11e1474438787422850x534.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-2016volkswagenjettainmalaysia3850x478.jpg

All models are powered by the same 1.4 TSI turbo four-cylinder petrol engine that replaces the previous twincharged (turbocharged and supercharged) mill. Identical to the one in the 2016 Golf, it makes 150 PS between 5,000 and 6,000 rpm and 250 Nm of torque from 1,500 to 3,500 rpm.

Drive is sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed DSG dry dual-clutch transmission. An automatic engine start/stop system with regenerative braking is standard on all variant

Quote:
There have been a few notable omissions – air-conditioning is now manually-operated instead of the previous Climatronic dual-zone automatic system, while the head unit has been downgraded to an RCD 220 system with a USB port, an SD card slot, AUX-in and six speakers, but no Bluetooth. Cruise control and multifunction controls on the steering wheel have also been removed from the Trendline model.
Quote:
Comfortline adds those items back (except for cruise control), swaps the alloy wheels for more intricate ‘Mambo’ ones and bumps up the head unit to an RCD 330G unit – first equipped on the 2016 Polo, it gets a five-inch touchscreen, Bluetooth and MirrorLink. It should be noted, however, that MirrorLink supports only a handful of phones right now, so don’t expect to be able to use Waze on the system with any phone.
Quote:
At the top of the range sits the Highline, adding bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights, LED tail lights, 17-inch ‘Queensland’ alloys, keyless entry, push button start, cruise control, black Vienna leather upholstery and a 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat. The high-spec model also adds paddle shifters that were removed from the pre-facelift locally-assembled (CKD) models.
Source
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:03   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Bookings for 2017 Jetta starts in Malaysia. Whether will be released in India is still not known!

Volkswagen Jetta facelift specs released – xenon headlights, keyless entry, powered leather seats , etc. The revised C-segment sedan will be offered in three trim levels this time around, these being Trendline, Comfortline and Highline.

Attachment 1557845
Attachment 1557846

All models are powered by the same 1.4 TSI turbo four-cylinder petrol engine that replaces the previous twincharged (turbocharged and supercharged) mill. Identical to the one in the 2016 Golf, it makes 150 PS between 5,000 and 6,000 rpm and 250 Nm of torque from 1,500 to 3,500 rpm.

Drive is sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed DSG dry dual-clutch transmission. An automatic engine start/stop system with regenerative braking is standard on all variant

Source
Based on the above, I believe then that there is definitely a possibility of the 2017 Jetta launching in India. What is a pity is that there isn't a notable difference from the 2015 model. A lot of equipment cut to keep the price in check I guess. Still no sunroof for a 25+ lakh car!!!
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:33   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I closed the deal at 17 lakhs. I believe I could have done better but I was so much in awe of the car and in a hurry to pick it up that I did not put too much effort in negotiating further.

In the last couple of days there has been heavy continuous rains in Mumbai and the one issue that I have come across on my Jetta a slight fogging of the headlamps.

I spoke to my VW authorised centre and I have been told that this is apparently a common complaint by many owners of 2015 Polo, Vento and Jetta. He has still asked me to bring the car for a check-up. Anybody else facing this issue?
Congratulations for Stella, she looks awesome

We have pretty much similar story of buying. I purchased my Highline DSG Tdi in Oct 2015 for 15.40 L on road price which included nil dep insurance for 10 months. She is Aug 2014 manufactured/sold and had clocked 24.5k kms at the time of purchase. I got a slightly better deal may be because of the face-lift launch in early 2015.

Fogging is also present in my car. It must be caused by the high operating temperature inside the headlamp assembly. I don't think there anything to worry about. Please see attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-1474614166219.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-1474614196145.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2016, 12:47   #420
BHPian

Any suggestions on mud flaps? I was told VW mud flaps costs 10K, which is ridiculous. Anything that i can buy online?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks