Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2017, 14:14   #556
BHPian

For some reason, attachment was not uploaded in the previous post. Here it is.

Note to mods :
Apologies for the back to back posts. I am accessing the forum from android app and couldn't find an option to upload image in edit mode of my previous post.
Please merge the posts if deemed necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-1489480908232.jpg  

Old 14th March 2017, 17:35   #557
Senior - BHPian

One question- how frequently your service center does alignment and balancing?
Old 14th March 2017, 20:33   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post

With me, they try to do it every single time I've taken the car in for servicing. Except for once (when I was too busy) I skipped it from them and got it done outside. It'll inevitably be a little cheaper and a better job. Don't find the service center to do a particularly painstakingly attention to detail job on it.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 00:17   #559
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Well, they did it during the second service but didn't charge a thing.

This time I had complained about the vibrations on steering in triple digit speeds, he told me that he would do wheel balancing to which I agreed. Again, no charges in the invoice (The problem is resolved as well)

Surprisingly, SA told me that they don't touch the alignment of the Jettas unless there is any pulling complaint because once they touch the alignment, pulling complaints are inevitable. My Jetta had LHS pulling issue when I purchased it (pre-owned). I got the alignment done outside but there wasn't much improvement. I took the car to their shop for 4 more times but no significant improvement. During my 5th visit, they asked their best guy to visit the branch and get it done (They have more than 10 branches in Ahmedabad, mine was done at United tyres, near Kargil pump). He almost fixed the pulling. According to him, pulling issue is there in automatic VAG cars including Audis which I couldn't digest. Anyway, the pulling was manageable after he did the job. Then came the tyre replacement time and after changing the shoes to Michelin P3ST (stock size), The problem was gone along with the pathetic NCTs. I think crappy NCTs were at the fault. Is there anyone who has consistently faced the pulling issue?

PS: I get the alignment/balancing done outside every 5000kms. This time I will visit the guy recommended by Mission_PGPX as United tyres charge 1500 bucks for alignment/balancing and the quality doesn't justify the price.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 12:20   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Well, they did it during the second service but didn't charge a thing.

This time I had complained about the vibrations on steering in triple digit speeds, he told me that he would do wheel balancing to which I agreed. Again, no charges in the invoice (The problem is resolved as well)

Surprisingly, SA told me that they don't touch the alignment of the Jettas unless there is any pulling complaint because once they touch the alignment, pulling complaints are inevitable. My Jetta had LHS pulling issue when I purchased it (pre-owned). I got the alignment done outside but there wasn't much improvement. I took the car to their shop for 4 more times but no significant improvement. During my 5th visit, they asked their best guy to visit the branch and get it done (They have more than 10 branches in Ahmedabad, mine was done at United tyres, near Kargil pump). He almost fixed the pulling. According to him, pulling issue is there in automatic VAG cars including Audis which I couldn't digest. Anyway, the pulling was manageable after he did the job. Then came the tyre replacement time and after changing the shoes to Michelin P3ST (stock size), The problem was gone along with the pathetic NCTs. I think crappy NCTs were at the fault. Is there anyone who has consistently faced the pulling issue?

PS: I get the alignment/balancing done outside every 5000kms. This time I will visit the guy recommended by Mission_PGPX as United tyres charge 1500 bucks for alignment/balancing and the quality doesn't justify the price.
Hi Bhavik. Interesting find. I have a slight pulling issue in my pre-owned Jetta too and I am on the NCTs. I too got the wheel alignment and balancing done from the authorized service center but there is still a slight pulling which I am living with as I too plan to change the tires after some time.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 15:57   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you guys..

The good news is SA has agreed to spare the 2.0 tdi from the infamous update yet again (she spent a day at the workshop for break pads replacement during the last week of December as well) . ..the day when they will give up on updating the software on my car
My Jetta 1.9 TDI Automatic is due for rear brake-pads replacement. I have started using the services of a multi-car workshop and hence, normally, procure the parts from a reputed dealer. Based on your experience do any of you have suggestions on the recommended brake-pad brands and sources for purchase in Mumbai /Pune /Navi Mumbai?

Many reputed brands show up on a web-search, but I am not sure of the OEM supplier to VW and, also, many of them may not be available in India.

Thanks very much.
Old 16th March 2017, 11:38   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Surprisingly, SA told me that they don't touch the alignment of the Jettas unless there is any pulling complaint because once they touch the alignment, pulling complaints are inevitable.
That is exactly my practice too. I don't touch alignment and balancing unless there are one or more complaints such as, uneven wear on tyres / pulling on one side / wobbling during braking etc. And with regard to balancing, I do only when I replace the tyre and never in between. I explained to my VW service guys that for my Cedia, I touched the alignment only at 35,000 kms, when I replaced all 4 tyres with new and it needed very minor adjustments only. With all wheel disc brakes and my style of driving all the tyres had worn out evenly. I don't even rotate tyres.

And I am going to follow the same with Jetta too - Hands off maintenance as far as alignment and balancing are concerned. So far I have done 8,000 kms, with tyres not even showing any visible wear (Stock Goodyear Eagle NCT5s). On highway speeds, NVH is sublime and I am happy with the performance. Goes like an arrow at good speeds and no pulling either during cornering or braking.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 16th March 2017 at 11:40.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 15:31   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
My Jetta 1.9 TDI Automatic is due for rear brake-pads replacement. I have started using the services of a multi-car workshop and hence, normally, procure the parts from a reputed dealer. Based on your experience do any of you have suggestions on the recommended brake-pad brands and sources for purchase in Mumbai /Pune /Navi Mumbai?

Many reputed brands show up on a web-search, but I am not sure of the OEM supplier to VW and, also, many of them may not be available in India.

Thanks very much.
I have not get any job done on my Jetta outside VW authorized workshop yet. So can't comment on the source. I still have the old break pads with me, I will try to get a brand name out of it during weekend and update you.
Old 16th March 2017, 16:28   #564
BHPian

Quote:
I have not get any job done on my Jetta outside VW authorized workshop yet. So can't comment on the source. I still have the old break pads with me, I will try to get a brand name out of it during weekend and update you.
Thanks and, in the meanwhile, I've done some search on the web. Looks like Brembo, Textar or Bosch may be the alternatives available here.
Old 16th March 2017, 19:39   #565
BHPian

Just a question. I have a 2013 Jetta 1.4. Recently in quiet environments i hear a very faint whistling sound. I am a bit worried about this and I am not sure if its normal or not. Any ideas?
Old 16th March 2017, 21:15   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Just a question. I have a 2013 Jetta 1.4. Recently in quiet environments i hear a very faint whistling sound. I am a bit worried about this and I am not sure if its normal or not. Any ideas?
You'll have to be more specific, Does it come while accelerating? Or at a certain speed? Also have many km's has your car done?
Old 16th March 2017, 23:14   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

Could you share a video of it perhaps? Or describe it in more detail? Could be something as innocuous as the turbo whistle.
Old 17th March 2017, 12:40   #568
BHPian

Will try and post a video...but I don't know if it will be able to catch the sound. It's just a very faint whistle sound, which I don't remember if it was there before.
Old 11th April 2017, 16:12   #569
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Came across a Aug 2014 Comfortline Jetta. The quote is 10.5 and can be reduced further. I have checked out the car and looks quite good. Will be taking it to VW service for an inspection.

mean time, can you guys suggest a good bidding price for this car? Its a first owner, Pune registered, 39K run, Comfortline TDI 2014 model.

Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 18:42   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys,

Came across a Aug 2014 Comfortline Jetta. The quote is 10.5 and can be reduced further. I have checked out the car and looks quite good. Will be taking it to VW service for an inspection.

mean time, can you guys suggest a good bidding price for this car? Its a first owner, Pune registered, 39K run, Comfortline TDI 2014 model.

Thanks
10.5 itself doesn't seem too high IMO. However, you don't just give someone their asking price when it comes to pre-owned cars

I see at least one 2014 Comfortline TDI run 30k listed for 8.5L. But that car looks pretty banged up. So maybe start with 8.5 and see if you can bring the price down to 9 or 9.5, which I think should be a great price assuming everything else checks out
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks