Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 21:38   #586
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
One dealer in Mumbai has a couple of Jetta 1.4 & 2.0 M/Ts in stock, of 2015 & 2016 vintage.
Does it make sense to pick one of them up?
Just Curious to know what kind of discounts are on offer for the Jettas?
I enquired at a Hyderabad VW dealer two months back and they offered max 1.7-1.8L discount.
Old 6th July 2017, 00:32   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I enquired at a Hyderabad VW dealer two months back and they offered max 1.7-1.8L discount.
They haven't really gotten around to it much so I haven't checked, especially since I personally would've loved the Jetta DSG if it was still available.
Old 6th July 2017, 07:30   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd be very surprised if any dealer has any stock at all especially in the post-GST regime! But worth checking if you're really interested.
Old 6th July 2017, 16:27   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
1.7 Lakhs is a joke. We bought a Feb 2014 Jetta in November 2014 for around 18.3 Lakhs. That's 1.7 Lakhs off. This was because of an impending facelift. Now that the car has been discontinued, I wouldn't settle for anything less than 2 Lakhs.

On a side note, if you are looking to buy a Jetta, don't buy a car that has been sitting around at dealers. Go for a well maintained pre-worshipped car instead.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 23:21   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
1.7 Lakhs is a joke. We bought a Feb 2014 Jetta in November 2014 for around 18.3 Lakhs. That's 1.7 Lakhs off. This was because of an impending facelift. Now that the car has been discontinued, I wouldn't settle for anything less than 2 Lakhs.

On a side note, if you are looking to buy a Jetta, don't buy a car that has been sitting around at dealers. Go for a well maintained pre-worshipped car instead.
Thanks but took delivery of a Ciaz Diesel Alpha about 1.5 months back. Might need to sell it or give it to a relative in a couple of years so was a good option.It was 17 days old when I took delivery

Last edited by Foxbat : 6th July 2017 at 23:23.
Foxbat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 16:42   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The only pain i see is the ingress and outgress of the jetta. Its painful for elderly people. But its not bad at all post you are seated.

Just try getting a test ride with local friends or members who have a jetta and see if granny actually finds it comfortable. At her age comfort take priority over enthusiastic car for driving.
From what I've noticed - a Cross-over would be ideal such as the S-Cross (nothing higher), but they're clear on their requirement for a sedan as they already have a duster at home as well.

German build is preferred as she does long distances often, and the Jetta has a better suspension and backseat compared to the Octavia. Still not sure if the Duster would be the preferred car for her trips (she does charitable work in the rural parts of maharashtra) and if this car will be the city car shared with her grand-daughter who drives.

Another suggestion from my side is the Corolla which is significantly more comfortable due to the higher seat, and the positive experience they've had with their old 13 year old Corolla.
Most likely they will pick up the Corolla if they are satisfied with the TD.
Old 7th August 2017, 14:00   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Here are two snaps after fixing these new LED bulbs by VW Service center. Sort of blends with the body color and bright enough from distance. At least these look like DRLs.

Hi Raja,

I've finally replaced the DRL Bulbs on my car as well, did it myself yesterday. Have attached a few photos for reference. BTW, these bulbs are available on AliExpress for around INR 1,200/-, this is less than half of what I paid.

Link

Stock Bulb
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-img_1739.jpg

DRL Bulb
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-img_1738.jpg

DRL Bulb - Close up (1/2)
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-img_1746.jpg

DRL Bulb - Close up (2/2)
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-img_1747.jpg

Both DRLs
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-img_1745-copy.jpg
maglev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 17:16   #593
Senior - BHPian

Looks great. In fact, mine has a distinct black spot in the middle. Yours seems well dispersed and more powerful than mine.
Old 7th August 2017, 18:26   #594
Senior - BHPian

I have got the exact same bulbs from AliExpress. The White DRLs look better in my opinion
Old 4th October 2017, 17:44   #595

Hi,

Somwtime earlier in April I almost bought a November 2015 manufactured petrol Jetta. Thanks to GTO and various others for knocking some sense and I decided to walk away. I come asking for help again!

This time I'm in the market for a pre owned D segment sedan and have zeroed down my preferences to Jetta and Octavia (under 2.5 years of age, both 2.0 TDI DSGs).

Besides the sun roof and a slightly more premium interiors feel, there is not much else that draws me towards the Octavia. As far as the exterior styling goes, I prefer the facelifted Jetta's classy understated styling.

Given the poor sales figures of Jettas in 2015-16, there are hardly any in the second hand market. Plenty of Octavias though. Skoda's horrifying ASS experience aside, I am more worried about day to day reliability and DSG issues. My questions:

1. The car will be parked in the open in Gurgaon's scortching heat on workdays. Does that pose a bigger risk for the DSG, or is it only the transmission heat that can impact it?

2. People are scared of buying new Skodas. Not sure if it's a good idea to go for a pre owned.

3. Any leads on a reliable second hand car dealer or a 'known' car? I'm based out of Gurgaon but happy to travel for a good car.

Thanks!
Old 4th October 2017, 21:39   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatinV View Post

...I am more worried about day to day reliability and DSG issues. My questions:

1. The car will be parked in the open in Gurgaon's scortching heat on workdays. Does that pose a bigger risk for the DSG, or is it only the transmission heat that can impact it?
The gearbox in the 2.0TDi Jettas and Octavias is the DQ250 wet clutch 6 speed gearbox, which is a very reliable gearbox. The one that is unreliable is the DQ200 dry clutch 7 speed gearbox that is in the 1.8TSi Octavia. So, there is no need to worry about DSG issues for a 2.0TDi Jetta or Octavia. As the clutch in the DQ250 is submerged in oil, this gearbox does not suffer from the heating issues.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:32   #597
Senior - BHPian

Need Help With MIB II Headunit & Reverse Camera

Hello everyone,

I own a 2015 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG which currently has the RCD 510 headunit. I am looking to replace this with the MIB II (is it the RCD 330G Plus?) headunit and would also like to have the reverse camera function. There seem to be so many variants of this headunit available that I am now confused as to which would be the right one for my car. I would however prefer an OEM headunit.

I have been offered the RCD 330G Plus for 25k (claims to be OEM but I am not sure) which is a plug n play and requires no coding post installation. Everything will work normally but I have been told that the AC Climate Control will not show on the screen (and hence I am not sure if this is OEM). The reverse camera (non OEM) is being offered for another 5k.

I was reading on this thread that VW will be officially offering the MIB II system to those who want to install it in their cars and also the kit to activate CarPlay to those who already have the MIB II system in their car. Does anyone have any information on this?

Please advise as to where I can procure the OEM MIB II and Reverse Camera for my Jetta.
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:12   #598
Senior - BHPian

So I started my car this morning and got these multiple errors on the MID. Based on the errors it points out to a malfunction of:

1. Steering Wheel with Exclamation Mark - Power Steering Reduced
2. ABS - Malfunction with Anti-Lock Braking System
3. Car With Tire Marks - ESP (Electronic Stability Program) / ASR (Anti-Slip Regulator) Inactive

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-multiple-errors.jpg

So I shut of my car and removed the key, waited for around 10 seconds and started it again. The ABS, ESP & ASR errors did not show up again. The Power Steering error remained for around 5 seconds and vanished. I drove the car for around 20 kms to my office with no issues.

Now, this has happened before a couple of times without any fixed pattern and errors have vanished after restarting the car. The errors only show when the car is started for the day or once it is parked and restarted and not when the car is in motion.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Is this a sign of a possible failure?
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:29   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

Is this something I should be concerned about? Is this a sign of a possible failure?
Could be a weak battery. How old is your battery?
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:38   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Could be a weak battery. How old is your battery?
I doubt it is a weak battery as my battery is under 06 months old. Using an Amaron.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks