Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2018, 12:52   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Karan (iliketurtles) had faced this issue. The lock actuator might have got stuck. You'll have to replace it. Or better still take it to an FNG and see if you can repair it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Faced this issue with my GT TSi. The service advisor is right. Don't worry though, it's a quick (and inexpensive) fix. Barely took an hour in my case.
Thank you Gannu & Cartman for the quick replies. Since my car is under extended warranty till March 2019, I will have this sorted with the VW Service Centre.

The issue is no doubt minor but the repercussion would be major if the lid didn't open yesterday as I was very low on fuel. I would hate to have my car towed over such a minor problem.
Old 27th July 2018, 20:38   #617
BHPian

Hi everyone

Parking sensor is not working in my Jetta - nothing appears in the screen while reversing and the sensor button near the gearshift blinks - any idea what happened?

I had not taken the car for more than 15 days since I was away.
Old 27th July 2018, 21:01   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hello everyone,
Has anyone faced such an issue before? I spoke to my service adviser at VW and he suspects a busted fuel lid actuator. Will be giving the car to them on Monday for this issue.
I remember having the same issue during monsoons only! And everytime i got the fuel lid opened by inserting something thin between the fuel cap and then pulling it out, I had showed it to my SA and he recommended to use it like that for a while and it should be fine post monsoon, Apparently moisture or water affects the lid and hence even if its unlocked it doesn't open on its own.
Old 27th July 2018, 21:07   #619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinfrancis View Post
When you press the OPS button, can you sense a pulsating tick-tick-tick effect when you keep your finger on the parking sensor(s)?
Old 27th July 2018, 21:27   #620
BHPian

Quote:
When you press the OPS button, can you sense a pulsating tick-tick-tick effect when you keep your finger on the parking sensor(s)?
no, the ops button just beeps and blinks without stop. any idea why??

Last edited by nevinfrancis : 27th July 2018 at 21:29.
Old 27th July 2018, 22:36   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone

Parking sensor is not working in my Jetta - nothing appears in the screen while reversing and the sensor button near the gearshift blinks - any idea what happened?

Is there any rats near the car? or have you had rats problem? This seems to be a wiring problem if the button blinks and nothing comes up, Just get a scan done of the car and that should give you a clear picture.
Old 27th July 2018, 23:20   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Is there any rats near the car? or have you had rats problem? This seems to be a wiring problem if the button blinks and nothing comes up, Just get a scan done of the car and that should give you a clear picture.
there are rats in the area, but till now they have been ignoring the car. i donno - anyway I will get it checked soon.
Old 28th July 2018, 13:13   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember having the same issue during monsoons only! And everytime i got the fuel lid opened by inserting something thin between the fuel cap and then pulling it out, I had showed it to my SA and he recommended to use it like that for a while and it should be fine post monsoon, Apparently moisture or water affects the lid and hence even if its unlocked it doesn't open on its own.
Oh so this seems to be a common problem in particularly the Jetta? I do not have this problem in my other VAG cars as they all use the same function to open the fuel lid.

Anyway, I will leave it to the service centre to figure out. They will either lubricate it or change the part.
Old 30th July 2018, 19:41   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone

This means one of the sensors has gone bad or the wiring is either not connected or damaged. I had the same issue on my Passat and the screen and all sensors started working after one faulty sensor was replaced.
Old 30th July 2018, 19:47   #625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
no, the ops button just beeps and blinks without stop. any idea why??
Could be a disconnect in the wiring somewhere. Can you do a AUTOSCAN in VCDS? If there's a wiring issue, it will show up as an open circuit error.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 21:05   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Could be a disconnect in the wiring somewhere. Can you do a AUTOSCAN in VCDS? If there's a wiring issue, it will show up as an open circuit error.
thanks I will take the car to vagtunes once the rains here subdues a bit. I have spoken to them and they were the ones who installed the super bluetooth module and RCD system in my Jetta - (mine being Comfortline).
Old 1st August 2018, 18:20   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karan (iliketurtles) had faced this issue. The lock actuator might have got stuck. You'll have to replace it. Or better still take it to an FNG and see if you can repair it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Faced this issue with my GT TSi. The service advisor is right. Don't worry though, it's a quick (and inexpensive) fix. Barely took an hour in my case.
Quote:
So gave the car to VW today and yes, it was the Actuator which had failed. Got it changed under warranty and it's now back to normal.

Thank you Gannu, Cartman & Tanveer for the help.
Old 3rd August 2018, 23:38   #628
BHPian

Quote:
indeed it was. got the VCDS scan done and there were some errors - one of the cables in the front which runs through the bumper was cut clean by rats and it caused all this - had to get the wiring and the faulty sensor replaced - and it did cost some money.

sugesh of vagtunes was telling me that cinnamon leaves (karuvapatta in malayalam) placed under and around the car will keep the rats away. I am going to try this - even if nothing happens the car is at least bound to smell good
nevinfrancis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 06:59   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hello everyone,

Came across a worrying issue yesterday on my 2015 Jetta. Was leaving Mumbai for Igatpuri and had to top up the fuel as the indicator was on reserve. On reaching the pump, I was unable to pop open the fuel lid. I locked/unlocked the car several times but it did not budge. After 10 minutes of poking, pushing, etc it released slightly (it usually pops open fully) enough for me to use my finger nail and open the lid. I thanked my stars for this but it got me worried thinking about facing this issue again in future. I am surprised that VW hasn't given an option to have this opened manually in case of an electronic failure.

Has anyone faced such an issue before? I spoke to my service adviser at VW and he suspects a busted fuel lid actuator. Will be giving the car to them on Monday for this issue.
Exactly in same situation day before yesterday late night (11PM), fortunately near to home. Two months back, the fuel actuator was replaced for similar reason. Now with force open, the fuel lid actuator is not getting locked. Called up VW palace cross and they asked to me bring the car back and if there is same issue, they would replace the fuel lid actuator under warranty.
Planning next week some time.

Check if you can lock(secure) your fuel lid, when the door are locked through central locking?

Last edited by manjubp : 4th August 2018 at 07:01.
Old 6th August 2018, 15:41   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Check if you can lock(secure) your fuel lid, when the door are locked through central locking?
Yes my fuel lid is getting locked as it is supposed to when all doors are locked automatically or manually.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks