Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2021, 00:32   #736
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
As strange as it may sound it could be a dying battery. How old is the current battery in your car?
Hi, I am going to check the battery tomorrow as well. It is almost 2 years old Amaron. Was changed in 2017 then replaced under warranty in 2019 at 23 months. Guess batteries dont last in a jetta post the period of 2 years max.
Old 25th September 2021, 06:17   #737
BHPian

DMF may not be the reason for starting trouble as such though it certainly is the reason for the shake at neutral . The starting trouble could be due to a weak starter or weak battery and associated shudder is made violent probably by weak mounts .
ranjithrnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 06:58   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
DMF may not be the reason for starting trouble as such though it certainly is the reason for the shake at neutral . The starting trouble could be due to a weak starter or weak battery and associated shudder is made violent probably by weak mounts .
Absolutely right. The 2 may not be linked directly, but from my Cruze experience, a weak battery doesn't produce enough power to retract the starter motor after the initial start. It also goes on to score and damage the flywheel, and engine mounts.

2 years is standard on VAG lead acid especially with lower running.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 12:35   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The dual mass flywheel is on its way out. Should cost around 25-30K to set right at an FNG.
Cost at an ASC would be double what you mention, at the very least. Source - I am getting mine replaced as we speak.

Cheers
Old 25th September 2021, 16:35   #740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Absolutely right. The 2 may not be linked directly, but from my Cruze experience, a weak battery doesn't produce enough power to retract the starter motor after the initial start. It also goes on to score and damage the flywheel, and engine mounts.

2 years is standard on VAG lead acid especially with lower running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Cost at an ASC would be double what you mention, at the very least. Source - I am getting mine replaced as we speak.

Cheers
Flywheel & clutch or only flywheel?
Old 25th September 2021, 21:38   #741
BHPian

Just DMF change is close to 68K inr as far as asc is concerned. The job order has many a subparts which is one of the reason why the cost is that high.
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 11:04   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Flywheel & clutch or only flywheel?
Only flywheel. If clutch stuff needs to be done (will know only after they remove the flywheel) it will come close to a lakh.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2021, 14:39   #743

My Jetta 2015 DSG HL has been parked in the basement parking for last few months (Covid impact!).

last week on inspection i found that rats had chewed upon the insulation pad under the front hood (engine bay). They have chewed up a good 10 inch * 10 inch hole. Thankfully there seems to be no electrical or pipe damage (nothing that i could notice in a 30 km ride).

Do i need to get this insulation pad changed? What is the negative impact if i live with that hole in the insulation pad?

How much does in cost at the ASG? or FNG?
Thanks!
Old 27th September 2021, 16:54   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I got it checked. The battery is fine and going strong. The issue is the flyweel.

My trusted garage has quoted Inr 25,000 for getting it changed which doesnt seem bad. Upon opening if he finds if only the starter motor has gone bad then only the motor will need replacing.

He has also advised that almost all TDI go through this and it isnt very urgent and if anybody can live with the initial 2-3 attempts at starting the car then they should just live with it till it becomes a big issue.

The vibration on neutral can also be wearing off mountings as the vibrations dont always happen on N, just at times.
Old 16th January 2022, 01:26   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
I got it checked. The battery is fine and going strong. The issue is the flyweel.

My trusted garage has quoted Inr 25,000 for getting it changed which doesnt seem bad. Upon opening if he finds if only the starter motor has gone bad then only the motor will need replacing.

He has also advised that almost all TDI go through this and it isnt very urgent and if anybody can live with the initial 2-3 attempts at starting the car then they should just live with it till it becomes a big issue.

The vibration on neutral can also be wearing off mountings as the vibrations dont always happen on N, just at times.
25k for DMF seems to be too low. Please check if its genuine. A genuine one costed me 44k + 5k labour. It was at a local garage. Another one quoted 55k. Both garages were known to me. For a local DMF price was 19k. There were options of single mass flywheel to but as per garage guy that would kill the engine with vibrations. Suggested 19k one if i wanted to sell the car in a month or so.
Old 16th January 2022, 03:14   #746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
25k for DMF seems to be too low. Please check if its genuine. A genuine one costed me 44k + 5k labour. It was at a local garage. Another one quoted 55k. Both garages were known to me. For a local DMF price was 19k. There were options of single mass flywheel to but as per garage guy that would kill the engine with vibrations. Suggested 19k one if i wanted to sell the car in a month or so.
DMF prices start at 25K. A genuine LUK flywheel for the DQ250 is indeed retailing at 25K. A Sachs flywheel is more expensive, though I am not sure by how much.

I have had 5-7 Jetta owners source the flywheel for 25-27K and have it fitted. LUK is an OE supplier to VW.

Last edited by vishy76 : 16th January 2022 at 03:20.
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 17:15   #747
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians,

I have a query regarding my steering controls. When i press the 'next button' on the steering wheel, it goes to the previous track. The 'previous' button is working as intended.
I have searched all over the web and couldn't find any answers. Can anyone inform me what can i do other than change the wheel?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-20220104_141338.jpg  

Old 12th October 2023, 17:03   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I have a query regarding my steering controls. When i press the 'next button' on the steering wheel, it goes to the previous track. The 'previous' button is working as intended.
I have searched all over the web and couldn't find any answers. Can anyone inform me what can i do other than change the wheel?

Thanks in advance.
Only the steering buttons can be changed. You can get it from used steering wheel or will have to import it.The part number is 6C0959442.Also if you can talk to your VW service centre parts manager to order it for you.
orthodoc105 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks