Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2015, 01:41   #151
BHPian

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Just did a test drive of the Jetta HL AT over the weekend with Missus and our car-crazy kid in tow. Drove from showroom to (almost) my office in Gachibowli (10+ Km each way) and back with a mix of good and bad roads. The ride was, in a word, "sublime". This surely had the perfect ride/ handling balance that I have seen in any car in a long time. The steering feel was awesome, and it just wafted over the small speed bumps and road imperfections. I also did a test drive of our friend's Merc C200 Kompressor the same afternoon and (dare I say it), the Jetta's overall ride quality was definitely better than the old Merc's.

This was nowhere in my contention..I was debating more between the GT TSI or the Ecosport, but now I am really, really, really tempted.

Request them for a long test drive, from Medchal to Gachibowli. Call up Madhu or Jayanth (I'm not involved in any sort of marketing) These guys are very approachable. They know how to sell cars, they are trying.

If its the DSG you are in love with then the VW vento is also available in DSG, if its the JET, i shall be the last one to give you an advice

Last edited by Amarendranath : 3rd May 2015 at 01:57.
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 15:10   #152
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Is there any information as to when there will be an all new Jetta based on the MQB platform? Just as the Octavia has been upgraded to MQB? Any news of when India is likely to see this?

Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 15:16   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Is there any information as to when there will be an all new Jetta based on the MQB platform? Just as the Octavia has been upgraded to MQB? Any news of when India is likely to see this?

Thanks
I really dont think it would make it by this year, probably by next year mid (Just assuming) VW in india would launch the new passat first here according to the VW Dealers, so a jetta based on MQB would come only after that, even the passat would take sometime.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 20:03   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Thanks
As per my knowledge wont see it here before 2018. Check this
Y@SH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 00:58   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Just did a test drive of the Jetta HL AT over the weekend .......
This was nowhere in my contention..I was debating more between the GT TSI or the Ecosport, but now I am really, really, really tempted.
My advise is, give in to your temptations and you will not regret. I purchased a Jetta HL DSG AT last October and had done about 16000 km, both and high ways and city driving. It is a pleasure to drive this car. If you have the mind and money to spend, do not think of Vento, but go for Jetta.
Initially I wanted to buy an Audi. They were not very willing to give a test drive. By then, I took test drive of Jetta and I found it excellent. So, why go for a bottom end Audi for snob value when I can buy a high end VW under the same budget? So I went in for Jetta HL AT.
Speed, performance and comfort...I think Ecosport is nothing in front of Jetta (may be in front of Vento too).
One word of caution...this car is a driver's dream and is not full of gizmos...And second, the first generation DSGs had many failures as reported abroad but these issues as i understand, have been overcome and at present DSGs are under the hood of many many Europian cars under different names and are giving reliable service...DSG - treat it nice it will be with you always..
alavandar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 16:22   #156
BHPian

Please help.

I read that Jetta Trendline has only USB support and no Aux ! Obviously there is no ipod support either. On a 17 lakh car, is this true?
Old 11th May 2015, 20:05   #157
BHPian

I'd the system is the rcd 320, then it will have bt, USB, Aux and sd support. And from what I understand the trend line and comfort line come with this system.
Old 11th May 2015, 23:57   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I'd the system is the rcd 320, then it will have bt, USB, Aux and sd support. And from what I understand the trend line and comfort line come with this system.
As per VW website, Trendline comes with - " 'RCD 220' music system with CD player, 4 speakers in front, USB port. RCD 320 indeed apoears in CL
Old 12th May 2015, 10:39   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Please help.

I read that Jetta Trendline has only USB support and no Aux ! Obviously there is no ipod support either. On a 17 lakh car, is this true?
My 2012 jetta trendline has RCD 030 with Aux and CD player, but no USB. for me, these two are enough.
Old 12th May 2015, 11:40   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
As per VW website, Trendline comes with - " 'RCD 220' music system with CD player, 4 speakers in front, USB port. RCD 320 indeed apoears in CL
In that case, you can easily pick up an RCD 320 and install it. Should be plug and play.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 19:50   #161
BHPian

Does anyone know the waiting periods for the Petrol Jetta? The Hyderabad dealer is asking me to wait for 2 months for it. I am not interested in a Diesel as I don't do that much running each month.
Old 30th May 2015, 19:33   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
So I have decided to change the tyres and here comes the confusion. Now I want to upgrade the tyres to 215/55 R16 and some say the warranty might get void. The service head at KTC VW says the warranty will stay if you don't change the alloys. Can someone throw some light on this? And whats the suspension and brake warranty available on the Jetta? I am planning to upgrade to pirellis of the stock size or 215 size. When I changed the Good year GT3s on my Linea to Pirelli centuratos there was a significant improvement in ride quality and the tyre noise too got reduced. I'm hoping to get similar benefits in the Jetta too. Good year NCT 5s on the Jetta felt noisy and stiff to me. Does the Pirelli centuratos have any major draw back? They are performing well in my Linea so I hope it would be a good choice.
Last month I visited VW showroom in Vapi, Gujarat to inquire Vento TDI. I asked the dealer for upsizing of vento tyre to 205/60 r16 and he told me that warranty will void if I will do the same. Even he insist to keep running on stock profile tyre for simple reason that VW Engineers have done enough testing for india specific tyre profile.

For tyre brand, I will only suggest you to go for Michelin Primacy 3st. I used Michelin Energy XM+ on my Swift VDi and they lasted for 75000 km and currently I have been using michelin energy XM2 for last 15000 km without having any puncture. They are very silent tyres and has excellent grip in wet condition.

Last edited by ampere : 30th May 2015 at 19:37. Reason: Formatted post
Old 29th June 2015, 16:29   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
As per my knowledge wont see it here before 2018. Check this
I booked a Jetta HL Auto (it comes in TDI ONLY). As part of the evaluation process I did some research including reaching out to my contacts in VW India. It looks like MQB platform Jetta, for India, will not happen in 2016. They would not hazard a guess as to when MQB Jetta is likely to come. I guess the earliest we are talking about is 2017. Hence I decided to go ahead and book the 2015 PQ Jetta.

Impatiently waiting the delivery of the car now. Should arrive in a couple of weeks.
PULAPIPL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 18:43   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULAPIPL View Post
I booked a Jetta HL Auto (it comes in TDI ONLY).
Impatiently waiting the delivery of the car now. Should arrive in a couple of weeks.
Hi,

I hope you would have received the car by now. Could you please share on-road price of TDI HL DSG in Bangalore.

Regards.
Old 16th July 2015, 13:59   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

I hope you would have received the car by now. Could you please share on-road price of TDI HL DSG in Bangalore.

Regards.
Antardaksh, I bought my TDI Highline DSG a couple of months ago in Bangalore and my OTR (including full-replacement insurance from Bajaj Alliance) came to 25.5.

BTW, I have a few observations to make about this car and a question for VCDS experts:
  • There seems to be no way to turn off TCS in this car.
  • There is no way for passengers (front or back) to lock the car or unlock the car from inside - only the driver has the lock-unlock switch. I wonder why VW made it so.
  • A fellow tBHPian - a VW & VCDS guru in my opinion - could not find a way to set the Extended Stability Control or the Extended Differential Lock or whatever it's called (XCD? XPS?) to "strong". The VCDS said that this feature was not available in the car, whereas the literature says it is available. I also read some people have managed to get this setting done. What am I missing?

Thanks and cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks