Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:56   #196
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Any idea would this carry forward to 2016 Vento , still early to talk about 2016 Vento but the thought of having iCarplay in Vento is mouth watering. But some one said that the Ameo has a new ICE and that would carry forward to Vento. Since the Jetta and Vento use the same DIN system i think we can opt for composition media as an optional accessory .
Old 24th January 2016, 01:24   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Any idea would this carry forward to 2016 Vento , still early to talk about 2016 Vento but the thought of having iCarplay in Vento is mouth watering. But some one said that the Ameo has a new ICE and that would carry forward to Vento. Since the Jetta and Vento use the same DIN system i think we can opt for composition media as an optional accessory .
I have no idea but it will be very awesome. What Jetta had earlier (RCDXXX) system lineup was something common lineup in the VW cars. Take a look here.

New composition media lineup is no exception. This one is old article but it outlines how the lineup goes - here.

The composition media should start rolling out in all VW cars sooner I believe. This way all the lineup will be using similar systems.

New Beetle and Jetta are having same composition media systems.

Passat is going to come with Discover Pro variation of composition media (8" touchscreen display).

So three cars in India are already coming up with the new infotainment system. It should be logical enough to extend this to the rest of the lineup.

I don't have any proof yet but I am just trying to connect the dots here.
Old 25th January 2016, 11:01   #198

One of my friends just got his Jetta delivered. It came with Composition Media system. However, when he tries to connect to AppConnect, it says "Please connect the dealer for Activation Key". However the dealer has no idea what the key is.
I guess the India-version should wait for few months for the actiavation.
Old 25th January 2016, 11:12   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz_500 View Post
One of my friends just got his Jetta delivered. It came with Composition Media system. However, when he tries to connect to AppConnect, it says "Please connect the dealer for Activation Key". However the dealer has no idea what the key is.
I guess the India-version should wait for few months for the actiavation.
That's a bad news for me!

I am getting my new Jetta on Thursday and it will be a bummer if I couldn't get CarPlay activated.

But, having said that, I think I will be not bummed out about it. CarPlay doesn't have Google maps and I don't have android phone. So anyways the app usage thing was going to be limited for the purposes of phone functions. Those are very well manageable using MID and Bluetooth. So I am not going to miss out on that too much.

At least I have the latest hardware which I can utilize.

This is really bad of VW if they don't allow Indians to use MIB2 even after the release in India after a long time. :(
Old 25th January 2016, 11:34   #200

The new system I saw in my friend's Jetta is simply awwesome!

Composition media gets CarNet, which DOES include a navigation system apart from App-Connect and Security Services. However, India specific system gets only one-out-of-three, the App-Connect - which again is not activated yet. I believe, the actiavation keys should be available soon.
Old 25th January 2016, 11:37   #201
BHPian

Folks...delighted to inform all of you that we now have a brand new addition to our family: the better half is now a proud owner of the New Jetta!!

The car was delivered to us about two weeks ago and I'm happy to report that the initial driving experience has been fab :-)

Moreover, we were also (more than) pleasantly surprised to see the car equipped with a new ICE. Through the course of our buying journey, neither we nor the dealership had an inkling about this silent upgrade by VW. This is a much more responsive and capable unit than the outgoing one. For starters, the park pilot with adaptive guidelines for reversing gives it a rather cool, premium touch.

As I write this, I'm working with the dealership to try and get my hands on the "Activation Key" that's needed for the in-built AppConnect. Shall keep you posted on the developments thereof.

Bee tee dubs, the dealership here claims that our car was the first in Mumbai to get the new touchscreen infotainment system and it is indeed taken from the all-new Beetle. Nonetheless, our car is certainly amongst the first batch to be shipped by VW with this ICE.

Aaah....for those small joys in life :-)

Last edited by Omtoatom : 25th January 2016 at 12:03.
Old 25th January 2016, 11:39   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Folks...delighted to inform all of you that we now have a brand new addition to our family: the better half is now a proud owner of the New Jetta. The car was delivered to us about two weeks ago and I'm happy to report that the car is doing great.

Moreover, we were also (more than) pleasantly surprised to see the car equipped with a new ICE. Through the course of our buying journey, neither we nor the dealership had an inkling about this silent upgrade by VW. This is a much more responsive and capable unit than the outgoing one. For starters, the park pilot with adaptive guidelines for reversing gives it a rather cool, premium touch. Working with the dealership to try and get my hands on the "Activation Key" that's needed for the in-built AppConnect. Shall keep you posted on the developments thereof.

Bee tee dubs, the dealership here claims that our car was the first in Mumbai to get the new touchscreen infotainment system and it is indeed taken from the all-new Beetle. Aaah....for those small joys in life :-)
Please keep us posted about the activation key. I will most probably need it!
Old 25th January 2016, 14:36   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmapurikar View Post
Please keep us posted about the activation key. I will most probably need it!
Most definitely, I shall do that sir

I understand you have not taken delivery of your car yet. Which color and trim have you chosen? Also it'll be great if you could share the nature of discounts you were able to negotiate in your deal.

I believe dealerships in Pune are offering up to 100K on certain variants. How was your overall buying experience?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 25th January 2016 at 14:40.
Old 25th January 2016, 16:06   #204

Quote:
Most definitely, I shall do that sir

I understand you have not taken delivery of your car yet. Which color and trim have you chosen? Also it'll be great if you could share the nature of discounts you were able to negotiate in your deal.

I believe dealerships in Pune are offering up to 100K on certain variants. How was your overall buying experience?
I have chosen Toffee Brown color and Highline 2.0 AT trim. I will post the details of my experience later. I am planning to do that. It was a rocky ride.

I am giving in my existing Honda City. The cash-only discount was 50k. Exchange bonus of 20k. I got a good price for my Honda City as well.

I got the zero dep insurance for 55k which was quoted way higher earlier.

I don't know if I could have got any more discount. I bargained hard.

I think the discount was subject to colors. I was told if I chose a blue car it will be more.

How was the experience in Mumbai? How much discount did you get?
Old 26th January 2016, 01:59   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moreover, we were also (more than) pleasantly surprised to see the car equipped with a new ICE.

Hola! Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Could you post screenshots or a video of the system in operation? Better still, if you could give us a code for the system so we could check it out online/hunt for the best price for it online.
Old 26th January 2016, 12:05   #206
BHPian

Have any of you managed to get good quality windows screens for the jetta. I see a lot of them online but am worries as to what quality will it be.
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:26   #207

Any updates on CarPlay activation?
Old 4th February 2016, 21:07   #208
Senior - BHPian

Someone needs to verify, do new and latest Jetta models come with 17" wheels and actual leather seats instead of leatherette seats? Also about the tail lights, are those LED ones? I think these are silent upgrades along with the new HU.
Old 4th February 2016, 21:45   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Someone needs to verify, do new and latest Jetta models come with 17" wheels and actual leather seats instead of leatherette seats? Also about the tail lights, are those LED ones? I think these are silent upgrades along with the new HU.

I have 2016 model and latest HU. So I believe no new changes came through.

My car is Highline TDI AT.

It came with 16" alloy wheels with Goodyear 205/55/16 tires

Letherette seats

Tail lamps are LED since 2015 facelift.
Old 4th February 2016, 22:32   #210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmapurikar View Post
Tail lamps are LED since 2015 facelift.
These are the facelift tail lights which aren't LED based:

Are these the same lights on your ride as well?

Most Viewed