Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:49   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Congratulations for Stella, she looks awesome

We have pretty much similar story of buying. I purchased my Highline DSG Tdi in Oct 2015 for 15.40 L on road price which included nil dep insurance for 10 months. She is Aug 2014 manufactured/sold and had clocked 24.5k kms at the time of purchase. I got a slightly better deal may be because of the face-lift launch in early 2015.

Fogging is also present in my car. It must be caused by the high operating temperature inside the headlamp assembly. I don't think there anything to worry about. Please see attached pics.
Hey I must say you got a good deal on the car.

I hope I need not worry about the headlamp fogging issue on the car but this really spoils the look of the car. Technically this is not normal and is clearly some sort of manufacturing / design defect from VW and should have been identified and solved by them. If you say that this could be because of the high operating temperature inside the headlamp, I assume this should be a common issue with all high end cars with the projector and HID setup. Not that I have noticed, but I do not think this is the case with other cars.
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:31   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmreddy78 View Post
Any suggestions on mud flaps? I was told VW mud flaps costs 10K, which is ridiculous. Anything that i can buy online?
I bit the bullet and bought mud flaps from VW, as I was afraid that after market flaps might not fit so neatly and might cause rattle. There are online listing even for 2,500 Rs. But please try with some car jewel guys to make sure they fit right.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:07   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I hope I need not worry about the headlamp fogging issue on the car but this really spoils the look of the car. Technically this is not normal and is clearly some sort of manufacturing / design defect from VW and should have been identified and solved by them.
This isn't normal - though very common during monsoons. Our Skoda had a similar issue which was resolved, though it's back after having opened the headlight casing to replace bend lighting / auto levelling regulator, and the parking bulbs.

Please show it to the service centre and have them check it out.
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:33   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This isn't normal - though very common during monsoons.
Second that, this is not normal. Fogging inside the Headlight assembly means there is water inside which gets evaporated due to the heat of the bulbs and then gets condensed on the inner top surface. It happened in my Cedia during heavy rains in Chennai. When I got the headlight assembly removed and turned it upside down, I found about 100 ml of water poured out. It is better to get it checked.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 23rd September 2016 at 15:34.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 17:51   #425
BHPian

Jetta is being phased out. No new CKD imports in the last 3 months and very few units left in Chakan Plant.
So, if anyone is looking to buy this car - this is the best time to negotiate. You'll surely get a good deal. But next generation Jetta is uncertain for India (that may impact resale value of the car).

Source: My visit to VW dealership.
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:09   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any suggestions on mud flaps? I was told VW mud flaps costs 10K, which is ridiculous. Anything that i can buy online?
I got mud flaps from AliExpress which were perfect fit and quality is very good as well.

Jetta Mudflaps

I have posted pictures in my ownership thread in the below post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3960325

Mine is a 2014 model and this mud flap was a direct fit. Just write to the vendor and make sure that the mats fit the 2015 model as well.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 02:29   #427
BHPian

Folks, as some of you on this thread may know, i have taken delivery of comfort line ,silk blue, 2016 model, nov-2015 make 4 weeks back. Have driven around 800KM totally in the city. Just wanted to seek advise on some of the niggles. Appreciate any advise.

Just to give some context had been driving petrol ford fusion last 10.5 years with michelin primacy LC tyres, i enjoyed its suspension, ride, noise insulation, comfort. This is my first diesel car so i would not know if some of the issues are to be expected with diesel car.

First surprisingly felt ride quality on the bad roads been really bumpy for car that is praised for multi-link suspension. Have not changed the tyre pressure or have checked what it is set to. Reading through the thread i see advise to keep it at 32-33, so will have to try and see if that helps. Let me know if there are any other suggestions.

Observed that, i get best ride, noise insulation overall a sublime experience for first few km's in start of the day. Once engine is heated up, and probably due to tyre pressure increase as well, that sublime experience is gone. Engine noise is very much audible in the cabin. Noisy goodyears does not help the matter. I should have replaced the tyres to Michelin. Regarding the engine noise, it it some thing to be expected?

Right from the day one, left passenger window glass has irritating rattle sound on the bad roads. I am not too keen on opening it up get fixed, rather decided to live with it at least till 6 month service. I see many had complained about left passenger window side rattles, any advise how to fix it without opening it up?

Gear shift are real pain some time. Have not noticed a pattern. But some time its pretty smooth also. Don't know if i am upshifting fast, or its to be expected when engine is cold. Let me know if there are suggestions, so that its easy for me.

Whats the ideal RPM to maintain, with out killing the engine. I had to downshift to lower gears fast to avoid engine getting stopped.

On the positive side, my wife has all praises sitting in passenger seat and back seat, and my preschooler son enjoys the huge cabin space. For me, I like the excellent acceleration, braking, easy manoeuvring so far and all the bells and whistles. With heavy rains here in Hyderabad last few weeks, have not really had a change to take it to high way to test its road manners. But i assume thats is where Jetta is going to excel.
mmmreddy78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 05:31   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

First surprisingly felt ride quality on the bad roads been really bumpy for car that is praised for multi-link suspension. Have not changed the tyre pressure or have checked what it is set to. Reading through the thread i see advise to keep it at 32-33, so will have to try and see if that helps. Let me know if there are any other suggestions.

Whats the ideal RPM to maintain, with out killing the engine. I had to downshift to lower gears fast to avoid engine getting stopped.
The bumpy ride should be most probably due to high pressure in the tires. Check it and reduce it to 32 psi and you should see great improvement.

From the way the DSG shifts gears in my Jetta, I would say keep the RPM always above 1100 or 1200.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 12:30   #429
BHPian

Quote:
some pics of the car
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-1.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-2.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-3.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-4.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-5.jpg  

mmmreddy78 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 13:05   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

the New Jetta ready for launch in Malaysia, reach dealerships.
Quote:
The new Jetta is powered by a a new 1.4 litre turbocharged direct-injection TSI four-cylinder engine, which replaces the twincharged (supercharged and turbocharged) 1.4 litre TSI unit of the previous model. The new mill outputs 150PS and 250 Nm of torque, which is 10 PS less but 10 Nm more than the outgoing Jetta. It is paired with a seven-speed DSG transmission.
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-2016volkswagenjettahighlinepreview17.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jj.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-2016volkswagenjettahighlinepreview2.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-2016volkswagenjettahighlinepreview5.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-2016volkswagenjettahighlinepreview6.jpg

Source
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 16:45   #431
Senior - BHPian

Re: 'Stella' - My Pre-Owned 2015 VW Jetta TDI AT

Quote:

Then I spotted this 2015 Toffee Brown Jetta online in immaculate condition and with just 17k kms on the odo. Company warranty till Feb 2017 and registered with the VW factory in Pune. Asking price was 17.75 lakhs. I knew then and there that this is the one for me. Called the dealer on 06th September and informed them that I will come and see the car the next day. I was all set the next day to see the car but to my horror I get a call from the dealer telling me that a customer had just come paid a token and bought the car.

So I present to you ‘Stella’ my 2015 VW Jetta Highline TDI AT.
Hey Epic,

Co-incidence. I was also on the lookout for a Jetta AT to replace my 2010 Jetta CL .

I had gone and checked out this car the day it was listed - liked it but the price that the dealer was asking for a media driven car made me hold back. I gave him my price and let it be.

I was dejected for a while but then I came across this car.

It was a 2014 Jetta AT done only 8000 kms. All papers and service records checked out. The seller was already dealing with 2 individuals and decided to give the car to the highest bidder. I won the bid at 15.40 Lacs

The only things I lose out from the 2015 car -

1) Flat bottom steering
2) New Instrument console
3) Minor change in the front and back.

All other features from the 2015 car are present in the car.

So i got a great car and you did too.

Oh btw - came to know that the seller is Team-BHPian too.

Here are some on th fly pics clicked on the mobile phone - better pics coming soon

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20160920_154945.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-1j.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-2j.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-3j.jpg

Last edited by normally_crazy : 25th September 2016 at 16:50.
normally_crazy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 19:40   #432
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! It looks like J-Club is growing. This is Tempest Blue, right?
RajaTaurus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 19:55   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Congrats! It looks like J-Club is growing. This is Tempest Blue, right?
Yes. Thats the Tempest blue color
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 11:40   #434
BHPian

Quote:

I hope I need not worry about the headlamp fogging issue on the car but this really spoils the look of the car. Technically this is not normal and is clearly some sort of manufacturing / design defect from VW and should have been identified and solved by them. If you say that this could be because of the high operating temperature inside the headlamp, I assume this should be a common issue with all high end cars with the projector and HID setup. Not that I have noticed, but I do not think this is the case with other cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This isn't normal - though very common during monsoons. Our Skoda had a similar issue which was resolved, though it's back after having opened the headlight casing to replace bend lighting / auto levelling regulator, and the parking bulbs.

Please show it to the service centre and have them check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Second that, this is not normal. Fogging inside the Headlight assembly means there is water inside which gets evaporated due to the heat of the bulbs and then gets condensed on the inner top surface. It happened in my Cedia during heavy rains in Chennai. When I got the headlight assembly removed and turned it upside down, I found about 100 ml of water poured out. It is better to get it checked.
I think the fog is caused by the humidity in the air rather than water leakage inside headlight assembly. It should be comparable the fogging on the outer surface (one with the higher temperature) of a cold water bottle and fogging on the outer surface of the windshield when the temperature inside the cabin is lower.

I don't know whether there should be some mechanism to prevent this and I might be wrong with the above assumption as well. I will have a word with my SA and update his say regarding the issue.

Quote:

As pointed out by graaja, the tyre pressure must be culprit here. I too feel very harsh ride quality when the tyres are over inflated and that's usually the case at the time of the delivery of the new car (As pointed out in the official PDI thread)
Old 26th September 2016, 13:36   #435
Senior - BHPian

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Hey Epic,

Co-incidence. I was also on the lookout for a Jetta AT to replace my 2010 Jetta CL .

I had gone and checked out this car the day it was listed - liked it but the price that the dealer was asking for a media driven car made me hold back. I gave him my price and let it be.

I was dejected for a while but then I came across this car.

It was a 2014 Jetta AT done only 8000 kms. All papers and service records checked out. The seller was already dealing with 2 individuals and decided to give the car to the highest bidder. I won the bid at 15.40 Lacs

The only things I lose out from the 2015 car -

1) Flat bottom steering
2) New Instrument console
3) Minor change in the front and back.

All other features from the 2015 car are present in the car.

So i got a great car and you did too.

Oh btw - came to know that the seller is Team-BHPian too.

Here are some on th fly pics clicked on the mobile phone - better pics coming soon

The car looks smashing! It seems your from Mumbai? Drop me a PM if your interested for a drive in and around Mumbai which we do quite often.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 26th September 2016 at 13:52.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed