Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:42   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: 'Stella' - My Pre-Owned 2015 VW Jetta TDI AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I have a mixed opinion on the facelift and prefer the older one.
Yes, the older one looks more classy and elegant. This is a great car and we have one and every time i drive it, it makes me smile. Despite being 5 years old, the car still feels new.

No replacement has been planned so far.

It's disappointing that Volkswagen will be discontinuing it and even worse, there won't be a replacement.
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:02   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I went ahead and booked the Bangalore's VERY LAST, 2016 manufactured, Highline TDI DSG in Silk Blue color. The dealer checked the VW's internal inventory system and confirmed that the factory does not have even a single Highline TDI DSG, but there are around 150 manual Jettas available in the factory.

Immediate Upgrades Planned:
1. Swap out the NCT5s for Michelin P3STs, for the same size.
2. Rear camera (plug and play, which doesn't void the warranty). I did come across one model, but yet to research on this.
Congratulations on a superb purchase. The Jetta has become a favorite buy for many BHPians! You have got a lovely colour too. Do remember to take the extended warranty.

With regards to the upgrades, I agree on the need for better tyres. Do consider the Pirelli P7 too. Also do share details on the reverse camera as I was looking for one too.

Hi everyone,

Is anyone aware on the VAS functions that can be activated on the 2015 facelifted Jetta? I was looking at the following:

1. Needle sweep on ignition ON.
2. Lane change indicator from 3 blinks to 5 blinks (Had got this done on my Polo too)
3. Auto fold external OVRM on lock and auto open external OVRM on unlock. (Not sure if this is possible)

Is there any other function I can get activated on the car?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd October 2016 at 12:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:59   #453
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi everyone,

Is anyone aware on the VAS functions that can be activated on the 2015 facelifted Jetta? I was looking at the following:

1. Needle sweep on ignition ON.
2. Lane change indicator from 3 blinks to 5 blinks (Had got this done on my Polo too)
3. Auto fold external OVRM on lock and auto open external OVRM on unlock. (Not sure if this is possible)

Is there any other function I can get activated on the car?

1. Can be done.
2. Can be done.
3. Cannot be done.

You can also enable a few nifty features here and there like

1. One side parking lights on
2. Fog lamps on when engaging reverse.
3. Coming home and leaving home lights as fog lamps instead of the headlamps
4. A lot lot more... Check this thread.
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:06   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
1. Can be done.
2. Can be done.
3. Cannot be done.

You can also enable a few nifty features here and there like

1. One side parking lights on
2. Fog lamps on when engaging reverse.
3. Coming home and leaving home lights as fog lamps instead of the headlamps
4. A lot lot more... Check this thread.
Hey thank you for this. Most of the features are already activated on the car by default. I am disappointed and surprised though that the mirror folding function cannot be activated.

I also found the 'Alarm' function to be interesting. It will be very useful too.
Old 3rd October 2016, 17:54   #455
Senior - BHPian

So was surfing through the internet and the TBHP forums and wanted to know whether the Jetta has the comfort folding/opening OVRMs on lock/unlock. The internet says its possible through VCDS but the TBHP forum says it needs a relay of some sort.

Also, since the 2015 Jetta has the RCD 510 unit, can one attach a reverse camera to the system? As per specifications of the RCD 510, it has the option of attaching a reverse camera but I spoke to Sugesh from VAGTune and he says this is not possible and the entire unit needs to be changed.

Confused on both of the queries.
Old 4th October 2016, 05:17   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So was surfing through the internet and the TBHP forums and wanted to know whether the Jetta has the comfort folding/opening OVRMs on lock/unlock. The internet says its possible through VCDS but the TBHP forum says it needs a relay of some sort.
Not possible, A module is needed for that, Only the very early models of the jetta came with it, Which was later deleted, I have possibly tried everything possible with VCD's, But confirmed it won't work without the needed hardware.

Quote:
Also, since the 2015 Jetta has the RCD 510 unit, can one attach a reverse camera to the system? As per specifications of the RCD 510, it has the option of attaching a reverse camera but I spoke to Sugesh from VAGTune and he says this is not possible and the entire unit needs to be changed.Confused on both of the queries.
You'll have to swap the whole headunit, The RCD 510's giving to Indian jetta's doesn't come with the slot to install the camera.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 11:42   #457
Senior - BHPian

Safety Lug Wheel Nuts : How Do I Open Them Without The Required Key?

So I have come across a new issue in my 2015 VW Jetta after visiting the authorised service centre yesterday for a general check up. The general check up was positive and the car turned out to be absolutely clean which was comforting.

However, I decided to do the wheel rotation and alignment and came across a weird situation. We noticed that only one of the 05 lug nuts on only the front left wheel has a safety lug wheel nut (pic attached). The rest of the lug nuts were standard ones. To make matters worse, there was no key/adaptor in the tool kit to help remove this safety nut. The service centre themselves did not have the adaptor to remove this nut. We were all stumped as the service centre guys say that the Jetta does not come with this type of nut for the wheels and it usually comes on the Passat but they believe that this practice was stopped anyway by VW. More puzzling was that why only one wheel had this type of a nut, why not the rest? Their suggestion was to check with other service centres or else the nut will have to be spot welded to be removed an that could also affect the alloy rim. I am keeping this as the last option.

Another question to Jetta owners on the forum is - Does the Jetta come with such nuts as standard?

So I am now in a situation that in an emergency, I will not be able to remove the front left wheel because of this safety nut. It is terribly frustrating!! Anyone has any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-full-wheel-lock-nut.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-half-wheel-lock-nut.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-close-wheel-lock-nut.jpg  

Last edited by Epic : 5th October 2016 at 11:48.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 13:09   #458
Team-BHP Support

My Jetta came without any security nut
Old 5th October 2016, 13:12   #459
Senior - BHPian

Manual says this is 'anti theft lock nut' and there is a key for this with car's toolkit. It looks like an allen key with a bolt head. Please check.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:20   #460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
It looks like an allen key with a bolt head.
It is a socket which has a hex head on one end (which attaches to the wrench) and the matching male pattern on the other end. Looks like this:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-lb2.jpg

If the security bolt is over-torqued using the torque gun which these tyre shops use, the pattern on the key would wear out eventually forcing the owner to resort to tack-welds on the bolt head to remove them out.

It comes in a pack of 4 like this, one for each wheel:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-lb1.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2016 at 13:26.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 13:21   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
My Jetta came without any security nut
I guessed as much. I do not know how and why it is there on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Manual says this is 'anti theft lock nut' and there is a key for this with car's toolkit. It looks like an allen key with a bolt head. Please check.
Well yes I know it is an anti-theft lock nut and there should be a key for this in the tool kit but there isn't and that is why I am posting here for help or suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It is a socket which has a hex head on one end (which attaches to the wrench) and the matching male pattern on the other end. Looks like this:

Attachment 1562863

If the security bolt is over-torqued using the torque gun which these tyre shops use, the pattern on the key would wear out eventually forcing the owner to resort to tack-welds on the bolt head to remove them out.
You are correct Gannu and I am aware of this but the key is not there in my car's tool kit and apparently the pattern differs from car to car. The VW service centre that I go to did not have the key to this security bolt either.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2016 at 13:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:27   #462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are correct Gannu and I am aware of this but the key is not there in my car's tool kit and apparently the pattern differs from car to car. The VW service centre that I go to did not have the key to this security bolt either.
To me, this looks like a case of negligence.

It has happened at a service center or a tyre shop when someone had his car parked next to yours and the tires of both the cars were being removed for balancing. While replacing the wheels back, the technician used the security bolt to tighten one wheel on your car and the remaining three on the other car. Pretty sure some other Jetta or Passat in Mumbai is now being driven around with these security bolts on 3 wheels!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2016 at 13:28.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 13:40   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
To me, this looks like a case of negligence.

It has happened at a service center or a tyre shop when someone had his car parked next to yours and the tires of both the cars were being removed for balancing. While replacing the wheels back, the technician used the security bolt to tighten one wheel on your car and the remaining three on the other car. Pretty sure some other Jetta or Passat in Mumbai is now being driven around with these security bolts on 3 wheels!
Hi Gannu. No VW is not to blame really. I bought this car used recently and had visited the service centre yesterday for a general check up, wheel rotation and alignment. It is only when the mechanic removed the bolt covers to remove the wheel did we realise this security bolt. As mentioned in my earlier post, it is only one of the 05 bolts present on the front left wheel only. All other wheels have the regular standard bolts.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:57   #464
BHPian

Mine is a Aug-2014 model and all wheels have anti theft lock nuts. There is a key in the toolkit as well. My alignment guy educated me about the nuts and key when I visited his shop with Jetta for the first time.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 17:21   #465
Senior - BHPian

I decided to check the wheels on my 2016 Skoda Superb and even that car does not have anti-theft wheel lug nuts so I am totally out of options now. I am unable to get a solution for this at the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks