Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 11:36   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
No correction here, it begins from the date of actual registration and not when the car is invoiced to the dealer.

Certain cars are low volumes and sit in dealer yards for months. That doesn't implies that the customer gets lesser warranty.
Well I have checked this with the VW guys directly and the car's warranty begins from the day of purchase by the customer, i.e. invoice raised.

For eg - If I am a customer and have bought the car today but registered after 01 week, the car's warranty begins from date of purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Since the car is running on temporary registration, I doubt there be any database for service as its still dealer demo vehicle. But worth giving a try.
Well that is a tricky one then. The dealer will have to provide some sort of proof (maybe the servicing invoice) that the car was serviced at the correct interval, else how will the customer claim warranty or how will VW help with honouring warranty if the need arises?

When I bought a used 2015 Jetta a month ago, I came across a similar situation. The car was owned by VW Group Sales and registered at Chakan. The dealer from whom I purchased it here in Mumbai claimed that the car had been serviced at the correct interval but had no proof of the same. Even the MID showed that the service has been done. But without proof, I would not be able to claim warranty if the need arises. The dealer claimed that since the car was used at the Chakan plant, it must have been serviced internally at the plant itself. However, this was wrong information.

As per my contacts at the VW service centre where I give my car for service, they clearly mentioned that regardless of whether the car was owned by VW directly or not; servicing has to be done at an authorised service centre only and at the right interval if warranty needs to be honoured. Servicing can never and will never be done at the plant.

With the help of the VIN number, we found out in the system that the servicing had been done at the required interval which was a relief. Just to make sure this information was right and put my mind at total ease, I called up the service manager of that particular service centre (we go to know the details of the service centre as each center has a code which is mentioned in the system which was a center in Mumbai itself) and asked him to verify if the car was serviced at his workshop. Once he confirmed the same in writing, I was at ease.
Old 21st October 2016, 13:51   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Well I have checked this with the VW guys directly and the car's warranty begins from the day of purchase by the customer, i.e. invoice raised.

For eg - If I am a customer and have bought the car today but registered after 01 week, the car's warranty begins from date of purchase.

Well that is a tricky one then. The dealer will have to provide some sort of proof (maybe the servicing invoice) that the car was serviced at the correct interval, else how will the customer claim warranty or how will VW help with honouring warranty if the need arises?

When I bought a used 2015 Jetta a month ago, I came across a similar situation. The car was owned by VW Group Sales and registered at Chakan. The dealer from whom I purchased it here in Mumbai claimed that the car had been serviced at the correct interval but had no proof of the same. Even the MID showed that the service has been done. But without proof, I would not be able to claim warranty if the need arises. The dealer claimed that since the car was used at the Chakan plant, it must have been serviced internally at the plant itself. However, this was wrong information.

As per my contacts at the VW service centre where I give my car for service, they clearly mentioned that regardless of whether the car was owned by VW directly or not; servicing has to be done at an authorised service centre only and at the right interval if warranty needs to be honoured. Servicing can never and will never be done at the plant.

With the help of the VIN number, we found out in the system that the servicing had been done at the required interval which was a relief. Just to make sure this information was right and put my mind at total ease, I called up the service manager of that particular service centre (we go to know the details of the service centre as each center has a code which is mentioned in the system which was a center in Mumbai itself) and asked him to verify if the car was serviced at his workshop. Once he confirmed the same in writing, I was at ease.
Nice to hear that you did your complete homework before signing the papers. Congrats on your lovely ride. I still have the confusion here in regarding to warranty. In my case do mean to say that the warranty will expire by Feb 2017 since it is a Jan2015 make
The dealer is quoting 22L for this car which is way too high and i have offered them around 17L and also requested them to provide me with service history details. Now the ball is on their court It's been around two days i am yet to receive a call from them. If i can ask you people what would be best price for this car?
Old 21st October 2016, 18:39   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
Nice to hear that you did your complete homework before signing the papers. Congrats on your lovely ride. I still have the confusion here in regarding to warranty. In my case do mean to say that the warranty will expire by Feb 2017 since it is a Jan2015 make
The dealer is quoting 22L for this car which is way too high and i have offered them around 17L and also requested them to provide me with service history details. Now the ball is on their court It's been around two days i am yet to receive a call from them. If i can ask you people what would be best price for this car?
Is this particular car a demo car or a test drive car? I assume a demo car would be kept in the showroom and a test drive car would be used by customers to take test drives. The fact that the car has already covered 9k kms with in one year makes it look like the latter. If I remember correctly, all test drive cars are supposed to be registered and insured.

As per the RTO rule, a car is granted a temporary registration for a maximum of 01 month after which it cannot be renewed. So I am not sure how this car has been running for over a year with a temporary number. But frankly dealers do this kind of nonsense and drive such cars around with a fake number plate. Another question that arises here is what about insurance for this car?

This car is a Jan 2015 model which means it should have been serviced at 15k kms (which it has not yet covered) OR in Jan 2016. If the dealer has no record of the service schedule, take the VIN number and check at an authorised service centre.

If the dealer claims that you have only 04 months of warranty left, please ask him for the sale invoice as validity of warranty is based on the same.

The car and deal might not necessarily be a bad one but right now there are many things as mentioned above by me that do not add up or need clarification. So please clarify the above before you make a decision.

The 22 lakhs that the dealer is asking you for i'm sure includes registration and insurance? Either ways it is still too high for a car that is a discontinued models, more than a year old, and already run 9k kms.

Last edited by Epic : 21st October 2016 at 18:40.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:14   #499
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting here, Update on the fatigue recognition feature which comes in the facelifted jetta's,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4079943
Old 24th October 2016, 12:01   #500
BHPian

Hi,

A quick question, would it be possible to upgrade the front-end looks of the pre-facelift Jetta Comfortline TDI (Jan 2014 Model) by replacing the following:
  1. Front Bumber
  2. Grill
  3. Fog Lamps
  4. Parking sensors (if they are of a different size/ type)

Thanks,
Maglev
Old 24th October 2016, 13:45   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmreddy78 View Post
Hello everyone,

Have been running through multiple niggles in my 1 1/2 month old Jetta. Have driven 1800KM so far.

-Left front passenger window had rattles from the day one
-There is squeak sound when rolling up the left front passenger window
-There are rattles coming up from at-least two different places near infotainment unit
-There is a loose part inside the left front passenger window, which makes sound when opening the left fornt door.
All of above issue were quickly addressed after visit to service centre. But there is one more rattle sound still coming from glove box

There is also a significant 'thud' sound coming from parcel tray/underneath parcel tray while going over potholes. Some dampener was added but i dont see much difference.

Not sure of other Jetta owners opinion, but searching vwvortex gives me impression ratlles are fairly common in jetta.

This is my first experience with VW service, while some of the issues are getting addressed, there is resistance to acknowledge the issue.
Old 24th October 2016, 14:24   #502
BHPian

Quote:

The left passenger window rattle may just be a misaligned door or unlubricated beadings.

I had the window squeaking issue too and it was solved by the VW authorised service centre. They basically just lubricated the beading. Never had this problem after that.

Both above issues even though irritating are minor and will be corrected by the VW service centre.

This again must be informed to the VW service centre. Rattles are usually minor issues but surprising for a brand new car.
Thanks. I was given same reason by service centre folks, that beading may have accumulated dust or become hard. Mine is nov-2015 manufactured, and took delivery in August. So probably it was lying in stock yard unused which caused rattles.
Old 24th October 2016, 15:40   #503
BHPian

I believe even the headlamps are different... so technically you should be able to change everything... and for the rear, you may have to change the boot lit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Hi,

A quick question, would it be possible to upgrade the front-end looks of the pre-facelift Jetta Comfortline TDI (Jan 2014 Model) by replacing the following:
  1. Front Bumber
  2. Grill
  3. Fog Lamps
  4. Parking sensors (if they are of a different size/ type)

Thanks,
Maglev
Old 24th October 2016, 17:51   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure of other Jetta owners opinion, but searching vwvortex gives me impression ratlles are fairly common in jetta.
I can't say if this is true. My Jetta is almost 2 years old and pre-owned and I do not have any issues with rattling. Yours is a new car and hence must be an isolated case.

Quote:
This is my first experience with VW service, while some of the issues are getting addressed, there is resistance to acknowledge the issue.
Talk to a senior service advisor or the CRM Service about this issue and ensure it is rectified. If it is still not solved, write to 'customer.care@volkswagen.co.in'. I was surprised to see how quickly action was taken.

Quote:
Thanks. I was given same reason by service centre folks, that beading may have accumulated dust or become hard. Mine is nov-2015 manufactured, and took delivery in August. So probably it was lying in stock yard unused which caused rattles.
This is pretty common with most cars over a period of time and occurred in my Polo and Swift too and it was solved in the same way.
Old 30th October 2016, 14:21   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I believe even the headlamps are different... so technically you should be able to change everything... and for the rear, you may have to change the boot lit.
The Headlamps are same. If you start with just the chrome strips on the first and last grill fin, you will get 60~70% there. I don't think you will invest in the rest once you do just this.
Old 1st November 2016, 11:33   #506
Senior - BHPian

Cruise Control Error?

So I have now come across another issue with my 2015 Jetta which seems to be an issue with the Cruise Control.

I had driven to Igatpuri and back yesterday which is around a 300 km drive. While going, I did not use 'Cruise Control' but on the way back, I decided to use it. I pressed the 'Cruise Control' button and it asked to set in the speed. However, when I pressed 'Set', I got and '!' mark followed by the 'Cruise Control' sign where the kilometres are displayed which seems to be a 'Cruise Control' malfunction. The 'Cruise Control' did not set and neither did it work. I tried everything but it did not respond. If I stopped the car, the kilometers would display and if I moved the car, the malfunction sign would display again.

When I reached home, I shut off the car and started it again after 5 minutes and everything was back to normal. But if I tried setting the 'Cruise Control' again, it would show the error.

Here is the pic of the error. Please note that this pic is taken from Google and is not a pic of the MID of my car. However, the malfunction sign is the same as in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-cruise-control-error.jpg  

Old 1st November 2016, 11:46   #507
Senior - BHPian

May I know what Speed were you at when using Cruise Control ?

Also did you see Green Sign on the Speedometer Dial indicating the Cruise Control Function ?
Old 1st November 2016, 12:25   #508
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cruise Control Error?

Quote:
So I have now come across another issue with my 2015 Jetta which seems to be an issue with the Cruise Control.
This could be due to a faulty cruise control module. Fellow Jetta owner "differential" also had a similar problem which turned out to be because of a faulty cruise control module. It was replaced under warranty.

If the problem persists, I would suggest you to take it to the dealer and get it checked and get the module replaced if required.

Also, have you used cruise control before this and seeing a failure just now, or is this the first time you are trying it and it is failing?

Last edited by graaja : 1st November 2016 at 12:26.
Old 1st November 2016, 12:48   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
May I know what Speed were you at when using Cruise Control ?

Also did you see Green Sign on the Speedometer Dial indicating the Cruise Control Function ?
I was driving at around 100 kmph. No the green 'Cruise Control' function did not appear. Only the error displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
This could be due to a faulty cruise control module. Fellow Jetta owner "differential" also had a similar problem which turned out to be because of a faulty cruise control module. It was replaced under warranty.

If the problem persists, I would suggest you to take it to the dealer and get it checked and get the module replaced if required.

Also, have you used cruise control before this and seeing a failure just now, or is this the first time you are trying it and it is failing?
I visit Igatpuri once a month and I used 'Cruise Control' last month during my visit and it worked perfectly. So yes it was working and probably failed in time.
Old 1st November 2016, 13:34   #510
BHPian

Quote:

I had driven to Igatpuri and back yesterday which is around a 300 km drive. While going, I did not use 'Cruise Control' but on the way back, I decided to use it. I pressed the 'Cruise Control' button and it asked to set in the speed. However, when I pressed 'Set', I got and '!' mark followed by the 'Cruise Control' sign where the kilometres are displayed which seems to be a 'Cruise Control' malfunction. The 'Cruise Control' did not set and neither did it work. I tried everything but it did not respond. If I stopped the car, the kilometers would display and if I moved the car, the malfunction sign would display again.
Epic, i have run into this issue. This is observation on my car. I run into same error all the time if i try to set in lower speed, but for me cruise control is working if i press SET at higher speed. Try out at higher speed and see if cruise control is working. My VCDS scan indicates a fault "4481 - Cruise Control Switch (E45)", try a scan if you have a cable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks