Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 19:35   #721
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guess he is talking about Foglamp and not LED DRLs. Also IIRC the facelift came in 2015 and not 2014.
Thats right. I was referring to the fog lamp.
Old 12th July 2021, 12:43   #722
BHPian

I just purchased a 2015 HL DSG (facelift) model run 60K kms in Bangalore.

Getting the service done before I start using it; A few issues that I found and was looking to correct

1) Right side brake light is not working. The garage I took to is saying that for Jetta, there is only one brake light (as per them right one is a fake similar to reverse lights for many other cars). I am quite surprised at this, Is this true?

2) One of the rear seat seatbelt buckle has broken. VW Bangalore service centre doesn't have that part available. Any help to source this?

3) DSG ATF service - VW Bangalore says it is not part of Jetta schedule at 60K. This car has been regularly serviced at VW Bangalore and previous owner has done everything as per the service centre instructions. I couldn't find much info on this thread also (there are a couple of owners who has posted that they did it, but couldn't find anything for post-2015 models). Does this have to be done?

Last edited by singleton : 12th July 2021 at 12:46.
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 13:04   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post

Getting the service done before I start using it; A few issues that I found and was looking to correct

1) Right side brake light is not working. The garage I took to is saying that for Jetta, there is only one brake light (as per them right one is a fake similar to reverse lights for many other cars). I am quite surprised at this, Is this true?

2) One of the rear seat seatbelt buckle has broken. VW Bangalore service centre doesn't have that part available. Any help to source this?

3) DSG ATF service - VW Bangalore says it is not part of Jetta schedule at 60K. This car has been regularly serviced at VW Bangalore and previous owner has done everything as per the service centre instructions. I couldn't find much info on this thread also (there are a couple of owners who has posted that they did it, but couldn't find anything for post-2015 models). Does this have to be done?
1. Is it the right side brake light or the fog light? The Jetta has two brake lights but only one fog lamp. If any of the bulbs is fused, you also get an error message on the MID saying so and pointing out which one has gone bad

2. Not sure about this. I would suggest getting it from a scrapped car if possible. It's the simplest way out

3. DSG oil change is to be compulsorily done every 60K km or 4 years. Please do not skimp on this. If VW is disagreeing, take it to a competent FNG and get it done. Don't delay this one.

Last edited by vishy76 : 12th July 2021 at 13:07.
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 13:31   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2015 DSG Jetta and in 2019 got the ATF changed. VW service wasn't keen on doing it and suggested it can be skipped considering our low usage but I didn't want to take any chances. As vishy has explained above, please insist on having it changed every 4 years or 60k kms, whichever comes earlier.
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 11:20   #725
BHPian

Quote:

Huh? Every car does have two brake lights in the cluster and one that is High-Mounted in the rear windshield. Who's your service centre?

Re. fog lights at the rear, I am not 100% sure (because I am nowhere near my car right now) but I am alost sure that there are two in the 2015 DSG Highline Facelift. Earlier models may have had just one like Vishy says, but like I said, I need to personally verify this before I say for sure.

ATF (DSG fluid) - the original service guidelines did show this to be done at 60K, but these guidelines were changed later to be recommended only at 90K. However, when I had my 60K done and VW told me this, I asked them to do it anyway even if VW says otherwise; and they did.

My recommendation is that you get this done at 60K. You do not need to go to an FNG, VW will do it if you ask.

I have the same 2015 DSG Highline Facelift BTW.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 11:13   #726
BHPian

Quote:

Apologies for the back-to-back posts, am way past the edit window.

I am just posting the original service schedule here for @singleton's reference:
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-img_6436.jpg  

tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 13:51   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the rear seat seatbelt buckle has broken. VW Bangalore service centre doesn't have that part available. Any help to source this?
Try and get the part from a scrapped car locally, else you can always have VW order it (give them the part number) or have it shipped from Ebay UK (last option, as there'll be a minor shipping cost + possibly customs to bear). I believe the part number is 5C6857755CYLZ and it costs about GBP 95 + about GBP 25 for shipping from Ebay.

Order from a highly rated seller. When my Jetta's central AC vents were broken, I ordered it off Ebay and the entire process was smooth, no worries there.

Quote:
DSG ATF service - VW Bangalore says it is not part of Jetta schedule at 60K. This car has been regularly serviced at VW Bangalore and previous owner has done everything as per the service centre instructions. I couldn't find much info on this thread also (there are a couple of owners who has posted that they did it, but couldn't find anything for post-2015 models). Does this have to be done?
As some rightly suggested, the DSG ATF service was earlier said to be done at 60k, and then increased later. I suggest you get it done from VW, they will do it on your request. When was the engine oil last changed? I'd consider changing other fluids and filters too just to give you a fresh start.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 13:53   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Huh? Every car does have two brake lights in the cluster and one that is High-Mounted in the rear windshield. Who's your service centre?

Re. fog lights at the rear, I am not 100% sure (because I am nowhere near my car right now) but I am alost sure that there are two in the 2015 DSG Highline Facelift. Earlier models may have had just one like Vishy says, but like I said, I need to personally verify this before I say for sure.

Cheers
Thank you @vishy76 and @tilt.

Attaching an image which might help visualize what I am talking about. Let me know if this is normal (left side light glowing and right side part of the light not glowing). Sorry for the image quality, cropped this from the video that the service centre had sent me

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-brake-light.png
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:45   #729
BHPian

Quote:

Attaching an image which might help visualize what I am talking about. Let me know if this is normal (left side light glowing and right side part of the light not glowing). Sorry for the image quality, cropped this from the video that the service centre had sent me*SNIP*
OK, this does indeed look like your Right-hand side brake light has conked off.

Cheers
Old 16th July 2021, 15:52   #730
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Attaching an image which might help visualize what I am talking about. Let me know if this is normal (left side light glowing and right side part of the light not glowing). Sorry for the image quality, cropped this from the video that the service centre had sent me

Attachment 2178981
Exactly I had this issue last week, but on left side
Very simple, just read here
https://paulstravelpictures.com/Volk...acement-Guide/

Just take the bulb to nearest auto spare shops and they will give a replacement. You may even get branded bulb, generally expensive. I paid Rs 40 for a pair, and the brightness is better than old one.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th July 2021 at 17:03. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 17th July 2021, 11:33   #731
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*

*SNIP*
OK, I finally remembered to check this on my car - and turns out I was wrong. There is only one rear fog-light.

Quote:

Attaching an image which might help visualize what I am talking about. Let me know if this is normal (left side light glowing and right side part of the light not glowing). Sorry for the image quality, cropped this from the video that the service centre had sent me*SNIP*
Quote:
OK, this does indeed look like your Right-hand side brake light has conked off.

Cheers
And it looks like I am once again wrong - that conked out light is not your brake light, it is your tail lamp. The brake lights are the ones at the very extreme edge of the car - the smaller ones.

I think I shall stop posting "solutions" here since I have definitively shown that my knowledge and expertise is defective.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2021, 18:06   #732
Senior - BHPian

Folks, after extensive researching I found out that keeping a smart phone on the face of the Infotainment display screen can affect the calibration of the Touch screen. I used to hang my phone in its case, over the screen from the CD Slot, to use it's navigation. (Only 1 inch of right and left side of screen not responding. Central portion is working fine.)
It may need re-calibration.
1. Has anyone experienced this?
2. How is calibration of touch screen done on MIB 2 if Jetta 2016?
Old 24th September 2021, 23:02   #733
BHPian

Guys,
I have a 2014 Jetta AT. The car sometimes doesn't start on the first ignition. It starts with a bit of a violent shudder and shuts down. 2nd attempt starts fine.
The car rarely though on a signal while in neutral starts shaking quite evidently. This does not happen on P.

Any idea what this could be?
Old 24th September 2021, 23:33   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
Guys,
I have a 2014 Jetta AT. The car sometimes doesn't start on the first ignition. It starts with a bit of a violent shudder and shuts down. 2nd attempt starts fine.
The car rarely though on a signal while in neutral starts shaking quite evidently. This does not happen on P.

Any idea what this could be?
The dual mass flywheel is on its way out. Should cost around 25-30K to set right at an FNG.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 00:28   #735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
Guys,
As strange as it may sound it could be a dying battery. How old is the current battery in your car?
manson is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed