Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2015, 21:10   #16
AWD
BHPian

Re: Coming up! Mahindra XUV500 Xclusive ed (sunroof, electric seat, new infotainment syste

What about updated XUV, i was expecting that. MM should have launched this version with the update. Also loading a Mahindra with electronic kit may excite a few but who will gurantee reliability! More the kit > the chances of failures > trips to the service station !
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 22:26   #17
BHPian

Re: Coming up! Mahindra XUV500 Xclusive ed (sunroof, electric seat, new infotainment syste

I guess the grey alloys make sense. They will at least help mask the brake dust that keeps accumulating.

Out of all the additions I most definitely like the electric seat adjust.

Sunroof is not a big deal for me since I like to keep all windows closed at all times. Just wanna see how the fit and finish is when sunroof meets rain.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:29   #18
BHPian

I wish sunroof should rollout as standard accessory soon for other models.
Old 23rd February 2015, 10:52   #19
BHPian

Waiting to see posts on the niggles thread once the monsoon begins on the leaking sunroofs Smart move by Mahindra but after owning an XUV, I've come to the conclusion that less is good with Mahindra
djpeesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 13:35   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Out of all the additions I most definitely like the electric seat adjust.
It's a big pain to wait until the seat and the seat-back moves when you press the buttons!

When I sat in a BHPian's Jetta and was adjusting the seat to the extreme rear, it took a while to get there. The good thing is, minute adjustments are possible which gives you the best possible seating arrangement.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:02   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

An awesome differentiator. You can count on your fingertips the number of cars in the 15 - 20 lakh range that are equipped with a sunroof. Even premium sedans like the Elantra, Corolla & Jetta don't have one. And no other similarly priced SUV offers a sunroof either.

That said, in the pictures posted by Falconion, the sunroof does appear to be awfully small!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The addition of Sunroof really completes the Xuv 500 in every sense of a luxurious SUV with the presence of every feature you one can ask for.
For most 15 lakh customers, an automatic transmission would really 'complete' the XUV500. Wonder why Mahindra is dragging its feet on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
But this is clearly a "manufacturer" special edition. Sunroof and powered driver seat are fairly complex changes, definitely something that is best left at the plant level rather than dealer.
Inventory doesn't only mean fully built vehicles. Mahindra could be sitting on a parts pileup. This is surely a good way to bump up the volumes a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Waiting to see posts on the niggles thread once the monsoon begins on the leaking sunroofs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It's a big pain to wait until the seat and the seat-back moves when you press the buttons!
Totally! I don't understand the big deal with electric seats. Much prefer the good ol' manual levers.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Totally! I don't understand the big deal with electric seats. Much prefer the good ol' manual levers.
I tend to go against this opinion. Electric seats offer very minute adjustments that are not possible with Manual levers. One can also change it on the go without much effort (talking of passenger seats here).

Also unless two extremely opposite body types drive the car, there wouldn't be a need to move the seats extremely forward/backward.

That said, if there are memory seats as well, that takes the cake. To sit in the seat and press the button to align it to the perfect position is a wonder

IMHO, they need to extend this feature to the passenger seat as well. Can't leave all the comforts to the driver alone, can we?

Had once driven a Chrysler 300 which had electric adjustment for the foot pedals

Luxury at its best.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 16:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
That said, in the pictures posted by Falconion, the sunroof does appear to be awfully small!!
I believe the sunroof is approximately 1.5ft x 2.5ft (maybe 1 or 2 inches less).
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 01:20   #24
BHPian

I wish to differ on the actual utility of the sunroof/moon roofs on the car.

IMO Sunroof is just a novelty feature and not worth the extra $$$ especially in hot and humid countries like ours.

I have been using an SUV with a sunroof for the past 3 years but have rarely opened it. I use the moon roof (glass window part only)/ventilation mode once in a while, during night highway drives but otherwise sunroof / moon roof has no utility.

Also, when most people dont drive with their windows rolled down, I fail to understand how and why people would prefer to open their sunroofs letting in the heat, dust and pollution.

Ask anybody who owns a car with sunroof, when was the last time you used the sunroof and maximum will reply in negative.
arunu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 09:03   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
An awesome differentiator. You can count on your fingertips the number of cars in the 15 - 20 lakh range that are equipped with a sunroof. Even premium sedans like the Elantra, Corolla & Jetta don't have one. And no other similarly priced SUV offers a sunroof either.

For most 15 lakh customers, an automatic transmission would really 'complete' the XUV500. Wonder why Mahindra is dragging its feet on that one.

Yes that was my reaction on seeing the sunroof in the snap. Looked smaller than on my earlier Laura and that too was not big enough for any practical use. Also it seems located over the first row seats. But the driver cannot drive looking up. A bit too forward located.

Ohh for an AT. Living with the smaller pseudo suv EcoSport for want of a good AT. But it must we an AT with AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I tend to go against this opinion. Electric seats offer very minute adjustments that are not possible with Manual levers. One can also change it on the go without much effort (talking of passenger seats here).

Also unless two extremely opposite body types drive the car, there wouldn't be a need to move the seats extremely forward / backward.

That said, if there are memory seats as well, that takes the cake. To sit in the seat and press the button to align it to the perfect position is a wonder

IMHO, they need to extend this feature to the passenger seat as well.
Electric seats are no use without memory seats. They take too long to adjust and this does not justify for me even the finer adjustment. But they are a dream to use with memory seats especially when you have at least two buttons one for yourself and one for the employed driver. Since it is adjusting to present positions with memory settings option the time taken to get the exact position is actually saved and that but the comfort makes it worth it.

Most employed drivers tend to keep their seats a bit too forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
I believe the sunroof is approximately 1.5ft x 2.5ft (maybe 1 or 2 inches less).
Too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
I wish to differ on the actual utility of the sunroof/moon roofs on the car.

IMO Sunroof is just a novelty feature and not worth the extra $$$ especially in hot and humid countries like ours.

I have been using an SUV with a sunroof for the past 3 years but have rarely opened it. I use the moon roof (glass window part only)/ventilation mode once in a while, during night highway drives but otherwise sunroof / moon roof has no utility.

Also, when most people dont drive with their windows rolled down, I fail to understand how and why people would prefer to open their sunroofs letting in the heat, dust and pollution.

Ask anybody who owns a car with sunroof, when was the last time you used the sunroof and maximum will reply in negative.
I used my previous Laura sunroof about 20 times in 6 years. Mostly while parked to keep my son entertained. During day times one had to keep the opaque cover closed else the reflection got irritating even with an expensive vkool film.

So it cost me about 6-7000 Rs. Per use of the sun roof. Absurd.
Also it would leak water from the foot well when the piping got clogged so additional Rs. 2000 to get Plenium chamber cleaned of fallen leaves before each monsoon.

Additionally its mechanism rusted and I had to spend about Rs. 40,000 to repair it with second hand parts. The authorized centre quote 1.4 L.

Last edited by ACM : 24th February 2015 at 09:06.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 22:51   #26
BHPian

Dear Members,
I am planning to book a XUV500 next month my concern is that I've heard that Mahindra is launching an update to XUV500 soon. If "Exclusive" is the update then I think I will go ahead with the booking else am willing to wait for the updated model. Is the update really worth waiting for??.
Please advise as I am a little confused.
Old 26th February 2015, 10:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Dear Members,
I am planning to book a XUV500 next month my concern is that I've heard that Mahindra is launching an update to XUV500 soon. If "Exclusive" is the update then I think I will go ahead with the booking else am willing to wait for the updated model. Is the update really worth waiting for??.
The "Exclusive" is just a limited edition model with added features on the same car.

A facelifted XUV is coming and has been spied several times, but concrete information on it's release is not out yet.
Old 26th February 2015, 12:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Thanks for the details, Aman.

With Motorbeam article itself mentioning about only 2 vehicles allotted per dealership, I doubt this is about clearing old inventory.

I can imagine a "dealer" special-edition to clear out stocks. Put some decals, add a few accessories, bump up the price a bit.. you know the drill.

But this is clearly a "manufacturer" special edition. Sunroof and powered driver seat are fairly complex changes, definitely something that is best left at the plant level rather than dealer. Yes, it could create some excitement. But with just 2 available with each dealer, would it really help M&M sale more copies?

About the major facelifted XUV, my personal view is that its still 6-8 months away.
I inquired the same in KTC cochin. There only 700 of this being made. And they said its more on lines with the sales performance of the dealer in the past, and all the dealers may not get this with the limited number. (Anyway its Limited Edition)
Old 26th February 2015, 12:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Dear Members,
The Exclusive will be a precursor to the update and they may be testing the waters before the full launch. Suggest you wait for the updated version which may be launched by the 2nd half of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Waiting to see posts on the niggles thread once the monsoon begins on the leaking sunroofs Smart move by Mahindra but after owning an XUV, I've come to the conclusion that less is good with Mahindra
Agree with you, given the quality of rubber and sealing M&M provides I am not sure how the sun roof will hold up to the monsoons of places like Mumbai.

Last edited by m_upreti : 26th February 2015 at 12:43.
Old 26th February 2015, 13:59   #30
BHPian

Well, personally I feel a sunroof in our environs is quite useless. We either have hot sunny days or torrential rains!! Anyway, an attempt to make the XUV more attractive nevertheless!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks