Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 14:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Coming up! Mahindra XUV500 Xclusive ed (sunroof, electric seat, new infotainment syste

Saw the Xclusive edition in flesh yesterday at Anant Cars, when I went to get the software update done for my XUV. The sunroof, as many said, is quite small for the car's size and I think it will remain closed most of the time anyway, in our country. This limited edition comes only in white, with beige(or walnut) interiors (just like the regular variant), unlike the limited edition earlier, where it had a dark interior for the white exterior. From outside, the vehicle does not look special enough to be called an Xclusive edition.
Like many have mentioned, the powered seats for me, is pretty much useless without a memory function. Only I drive my car 99.99% of the time and the only time somebody else drives it is when I give it for service. During this time, depending on the person who attends the vehicle, they tend to change many of the settings and I'm very particular about my driving position and even the ORVM settings for that matter. This is one situation where I like to have a memory setting at least for the seat.

Last edited by A350XWB : 26th February 2015 at 14:56.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 16:04   #32
J.Ravi

Re: Coming up! Mahindra XUV500 Xclusive ed (sunroof, electric seat, new infotainment syste

I had a dekko the day-before-yesterday at Anant Cars, when I had gone there for software upgradation and cavity protection of my XUV 500. I liked the gray alloys, illuminated scuff plates and express up anti-pinch driver window. I may like to have them in my XUV 500, if they are available as accessories later.

Old 28th February 2015, 19:11   #33
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Was in Thane for some work and had some 10 minutes to check out the Xclusive edition at the showroom.

Here are my few observations:
1. Darkened alloys look nice. Could have been even darker with matte finish .
2. The sun roof operates smoothly. There is a one-touch close functionality for the sunroof so that you dont have to hold the button till it closes completely.
3. The sunroof seemed small. While being in the driver seat, I looked up and I had to crane my neck leftwards a bit to be able to see the view above. Should have been wider.
4. The sunroof is entirely over the front seats. A child from the backseat would not be able to stick his/her head out without tricky acrobatics. This is a good thing. People who stick any body-part out of sunroof or allow others to do it are just
5. The switch for the sunroof is integrated in the domelight unit. To incorporate that switch, the XClusive edition has lost the conversation mirror.
6. The driver side window is anti-pinch now. So once it encounters a obstacle, it stops rolling up and actually rolls down. Tried it. Works as intended. There is one-touch-up also on the same window.
7. Rear camera (black) comes installed on the white bumper and is an eyesore.

Last edited by SDP : 28th February 2015 at 19:13.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 23:14   #34
BHPian

yeah, i think its mostly useless to have a sun-roof in india, especially in places where its mostly sunny throughout. I have it on my Cruze and believe me, i really liked it when i bought it, but only after a while i realized that i hardly used it. Like somebody else on the thread has posted, i use it only to entertain my little one. Also, smaller sun-roofs, like in Cruze aren't all that fun. i see a similar one in XUV, atleast from the pics. I think bigger ones, like the ones on higher end cars like Q7 etc would be lot more fun, if we had to take them to a hill station or beaches etc. btw, it would have made lot more sense to get an A/T version of the XUV. my cruze is an A/T and i love that, especially on crowded roads.
CruzeLiner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks