Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 15:44   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

I am in a hunt to find a best deal to book an Aria. Now settled on Pleasure & above. it was Pure earlier. In the quest reached Concorde recently.
To my surprise the SE told me that Aria is being de-commisiioned, is off the assembly line & will be replaced with Hexa. He is suggesting that Hexa's booking might start in next three months, considering the fact that no more Aira's are coming out of the plant.

I really am surprised, if this is correct & still looking at the SE with suspicion. Any comments experts??
I'll be glad if whatever he says is correct as looking at the pictures posted on the thread do prove that wait of 3-4 months might be worth it.
However you never know with Tata, specially looking at the latest facelift of Storme, the wait might be longer & end result might not be worth it. I am mainly dissapointed with missing front facing last seat. :(

Finger crossed.

EDIT: Just to add, he says all the Aria's sold in 2015 are mostly MY 14, hence the heavy discount (Not sure of this part, as I am not getting much of the discount). I can recall the same discount in 2010 for Safari. Storme followed soon after & Safari discontinued there after.

I might be wrong in sharing incorrect info passed to me from the Showroom guys. If incorrect would like to apologise well in advance.

Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 12th May 2015 at 16:07.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 18:18   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
I am in a hunt to find a best deal to book an Aria. Now settled on Pleasure & above. it was Pure earlier. In the quest reached Concorde recently.
To my surprise the SE told me that Aria is being de-commisiioned, is off the assembly line & will be replaced with Hexa. He is suggesting that Hexa's booking might start in next three months, considering the fact that no more Aira's are coming out of the plant.

Saurabh
Have heard the same thing from a friend. However I am skeptical as the test mules haven't been spotted. I have also been told that the Kite is due for launch in Q3.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 19:00   #138
BHPian

IMHO the Hexa is by far the really good looking car from the Tata stable. Looks are subjective, but I believe this one offends none. I never got the chance to TD the Aria but have read a lot of reports about how the good the car was/is excepting for the suspension issue.

For once I really look forward to a car launch from TATA. Please do launch this quickly with all the issues from the Aria sorted out with the pricing being north of Ertiga and much south of Mobilio and I am sure you have a winner at hand and another potential buyer
Old 12th May 2015, 20:23   #139
BHPian

How can people expect a proper vehicle with 3 rows of seat to be priced below Mobilio ? And that too, when Hexa is expected to come with more bells and whistles that Ertiga or Mobilio. Is it because it is from Tata ? Give them a break. I am sure Hexa is going to be priced more than the Storme. And that is exactly where the vehicle belongs. People buying a Tata at that price is a different story though.

Tata might have cut features from Storme so that they can price it a little lower and make way for Hexa. So it would be Safari (if they still sell it) < Storme < Hexa. May be a minor overlap can be expected, but nothing more than that.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 12th May 2015 at 20:31.
DieselAddikt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 00:07   #140
BHPian

Is there any launch dates confirmed for Hexa? Some websites show it as May' 15:what:
Old 13th May 2015, 00:41   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Is there any launch dates confirmed for Hexa? Some websites show it as May' 15:what:
Hexa will definitely not be launched in May. I'm sure it will be next year March time. This year festive time is reserved for the kite twins.
Old 13th May 2015, 02:26   #142
BHPian

Quote:
To my surprise the SE told me that Aria is being de-commisiioned, is off the assembly line & will be replaced with Hexa.

EDIT: Just to add, he says all the Aria's sold in 2015 are mostly MY 14, hence the heavy discount (Not sure of this part, as I am not getting much of the discount).
Saurabh
Saurabh thanks for the post, I was thinking of an Aria as well and had no idea of it being discontinued. If you do not mind, would you please share the discounts and OTR breakup for Pleasure that you have been quoted please

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Have heard the same thing from a friend. However I am skeptical as the test mules haven't been spotted. I have also been told that the Kite is due for launch in Q3.
torquecurve any idea of prevailing prices/discounts for the Pure and Pleasure, any guidance would be much appreciated
Old 13th May 2015, 11:15   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
.. share the discounts and OTR breakup for Pleasure that you have been quoted please..
Hello Digitalnirvana,

Pundit Auto offered 60,000/- discount an all variants. No other discount what so ever, even no freebies in terms of accessories. Hence price as below for on road PCMC(outside LBT):

Pure was 11,86,218/- ON Road. Post discount : 11,26,218/-
Pleasure was 14,10,000/- appr. on road. Post discount 13,50,000/- appr.
Pride 4x4 was 17,53,000/- appr on raod. Post discount 16,90,000/- appr.

Please let me know if you need it in details & can i post the entire details here, else will PM you the screen shots of price list of Pundit Auto Pune & Concorde as well. That will carry price for Pune & PCMC with LBT. Concorde's prices are 10K more than Pundit, due to some additional factors.

SE at Pundit openely said if you find a dealer who has OLD Aria's in his yard due to any unforeseen circumstances, can fetch you a discount of anywhere between 1.5 to 3Lacs, 3.5L sometimes .

No discussion of discounts from Concorde, as he introduced Hexa & took discussion to entirely new direction. Said we can dicuss this if we still go for Aria, once he confirms about Hexa. HE was the one who said of Aris's decommissioning & Hexa to be available for booking in 3 months. We need someone authentic to come up & confirm this. I am happy that another BHPian "TORQUECURVE" has also heard the same thing. Hence some ray of hope on Hexa.

However:
Hexa: SE at concorde said would be between 13.5L to 18.5 Ex-Showroom pune. No commitment on this one. I called him again yesterday, said he will come back to me with discounts on Pride (if i go for it) by today.
I also asked if his information on Hexa is concrete, he said that Tata has tendency to launch/supply their vehicles to Pune at last, hence cannot comment at the accurate time, but did not denied Hexa in next three months. I will wait till DIwali if Hexa is sure to be out this year.
He gave an example of latest Storme, it is delivered in Delhi but no sign of it in Pune. They still are selling the old one with 50K discount. Customers are sitting on their head.

I am lost & totally confused now. Aria is for my brother, who had waited long enough. When we went out to look for more discounts, HEXA came into picture. Hoping for the best & I am sure wait can be worth it. Else Aria Pleasure is way to go.

Regards,
Saurabh.

MODS-- Please feel free to move this reply to Aria related thread, if it does not fits here.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 13th May 2015 at 11:24.
saurabh2711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 16:24   #144
BHPian

Thanks Saurabh for the details, it is sad that a supposedly end-of-life product is also not being flogged at discounts, especially when people on here have got 1L discount last year on the new Pure version itself. Will not clutter this thread, perhaps you can PM the breakdown. Thanks again
Old 13th May 2015, 19:11   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

18.5L ex showroom for Hexa? What's so substantial to speculate such a price???
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 21:01   #146
Senior - BHPian

Car looks production ready. No spy pics yet. Maybe its realistic for post Diwali release. Top notch quality with aggressive pricing and AT option should drive some sales.

TATA also needs to work on its sales and service quality. A separate dealership for premium offerings is way to go. Else Hexa will go to the same place as Aria.
Old 14th May 2015, 12:39   #147
BHPian

People buy TATA because they somewhere they think its an Indian brand and with so many good works done by them, we do have a soft corner for their vehicles and we do hope that they sell good numbers of cars. But, the problem starts when the prices are high.

If you say, we bought a TATA for 16-17 lakhs, the first thing that anyone will ask is "Didnt you find anny other vehicle for that much money, why a TATA?"

Their image is "value for money" . So, when they price it higher, we are not able to digest they are charging a "premium" even if their cars are "premium". I mean, how can TATA charge "premium". They have no rights.

For most people heart goes for TATA, but mind/relatives/colleagues says "WHY TATA".

So, pricing Hexa close to 15-16 lakhs, i dont think that we'll see good numbers.

Last edited by turbo_delight : 14th May 2015 at 12:41.
turbo_delight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 14:53   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
People buy TATA because they somewhere they think its an Indian brand and with so many good works done by them, we do have a soft corner for their vehicles and we do hope that they sell good numbers of cars. But, the problem starts when the prices are high.

Their image is "value for money" . So, when they price it higher, we are not able to digest they are charging a "premium" even if their cars are "premium". I mean, how can TATA charge "premium". They have no rights.

For most people heart goes for TATA, but mind/relatives/colleagues says "WHY TATA".
Quite aptly put here!

I know of people who are so keen to own the Nano GenX - and at that price point with AMT & power-steering they are in LOVE with it.
But just because - what will colleagues / relatives say - they are willing to go for a 7-8 years old second hand car like Alto / Santro!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 15:43   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SE at concorde said would be between 13.5L to 18.5 Ex-Showroom pune
Its a tough situation for Tata. They can't probably price the vehicle any lower and still make money. But if we all recall the time when Aria was about to be launched, the vehicle looked so desirable to everyone and fully loaded with features and was priced at the above levels ( the lowest variant was priced more than the highest Innova variant if I recall right ). What happened after that is part of automotive history. Lets see if Tata is achieve a breakthrough this time. The way Zest and Bolt sales have tapered off is not encouraging though.
Old 14th May 2015, 18:28   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
But if we all recall the time when Aria was about to be launched, the vehicle looked so desirable to everyone
It never looked desirable to me! And I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. Lack of styling finesse definitely contributed to poor sales. It should have looked like Hexa from day 1.
directinjection is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks