Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 17:49   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
To be honest I did not see the Tata Bolt pricing until now (I don't follow hatches much) and yes I got a shock bolt

Aria was a so called "premium" product and it bombed because of it price lets hope better sense prevails with the Hexa and the finished product is more compact then the concept else it is of no use to an average person.
Not exactly. If pricing was the sole reason, then with current prices Aria must sell well. It is undercutting the Innova by a far margin and is on par and may be slightly cheaper than the Xylo. The issue was the quality (niggles and fit and finish in some areas) were not up to the mark, when Aria was launched, versus the premium price they chose to ask. Hence the car bombed.
As of now the fit and finish has certainly improved, niggles are not there and the price is right, however the atrocious brand value of Tata is preventing any decent sales.

That apart, Hexa will be launched at a price greater than the current Storme and the Aria. The new model cannot be launched at prices cheaper than the current offerings. Hence expect an ex showroom price of between 16-22 lacs for the Hexa (at today's prices). The specification sheet looks tempting and the car seems targeted at rich private buyers. Lets wait and watch
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 19:34   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Hexa spied on test.

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexasuv55740_l.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexasuv55745.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexasuv55747.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexasuv55749.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/6UncY6yJFV/
volkman10 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 22:17   #243
BHPian

Mod Note: Post deleted. Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th August 2015 at 22:43.
Old 14th August 2015, 07:14   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post

That apart, Hexa will be launched at a price greater than the current Storme and the Aria. The new model cannot be launched at prices cheaper than the current offerings. Hence expect an ex showroom price of between 16-22 lacs for the Hexa (at today's prices). The specification sheet looks tempting and the car seems targeted at rich private buyers. Lets wait and watch
When companies like Maruti and Hyundai can price their 'slightly larger than hatchback' cars at 17 lakh on road, what will stop Tata from doing the same for their full size SUV/crossovers?

I am sure we are just at the begining of a price rise across all ranges. I mean Mahindra and Tata have a good opportunity to hike up their prices and market their size vis a vis these new cars.

Regarding Hexa, Tata began selling Aria with a premium pricing. It didn't work out in the first instant. However regardless of that, they cannot afford to price Hexa their most modern car any cheaper. Specially when everyone today is more interested in calling their offerings premium.
Old 14th August 2015, 11:24   #245
Senior - BHPian

Good news is, that test mule looks like production ready and close to the one they displayed at Geneva.
Old 14th August 2015, 12:24   #246
Senior - BHPian

The pricing has to be similar to the XUV500 for the Hexa to succeed (maybe slightly less by about 20K-25K).

A fire sale in the beginning will help gain foothold in the otherwise cut throat market.

If succesful, tata can then slowly raise prices just like what Mahindra did with XUV500 refresh.
devarshi84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 12:55   #247
BHPian

Given the recent experiences that Tata Motors had, and the (rightly or wrongly) very pronounced negative bias in the marketplace, Tatas should look at launching Hexa only in the export market- they have a reasonable presence in Australia and elsewhere, where the Xenon does some numbers. That is the market they should target.

Establish the brand abroad, maybe participate in some rallies etc, build up a certain amount of street cred and then launch it in India at a correct price point. IMO this strategy will give them a higher probability of success.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 13:12   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
The pricing has to be similar to the XUV500 for the Hexa to succeed (maybe slightly less by about 20K-25K).

If succesful, tata can then slowly raise prices just like what Mahindra did with XUV500 refresh.
Definitely, or they should do something like they did with the Zest where all models initially came with alloys and was a big initial draw. I think they were a bit premature in doing away with the alloys in the Zest. With the Hexa, they should wait for the market response to stabilise before making such a decision rather than planning it in advance regardless. If the response is high enough to warrant a removal of the additional features, then they can do so later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
... Tatas should look at launching Hexa only in the export market- they have a reasonable presence in Australia and elsewhere, where the Xenon does some numbers. That is the market they should target.
Tata should launch the Hexa in India, because not many Indian buyers are concerned about how successful the car is abroad. The Punto is an example of a product that single-handedly pulled Fiat out of the doldrums, yet has bombed in India. Just deliver a good product with good service at a good price, and don't count your chickens until they've hatched. Patience is the key.

Wish they would reduce the length of the Hexa a bit too. It does seem too much like a bus. That might work for the Innova, but not with a vehicle that has crossover ambitions.
Old 16th August 2015, 01:46   #249
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if this car will come with a Dual Mass Flywheel which was a source of problems for the Aria and which was later changed to single mass flywheel?

Tata must understand that many buyers are now well educated and know the history of cars on which their newer cars are based. Hope they resolve all the niggles that Aria's engine had since the Hexa will be using it as well.
Old 16th August 2015, 18:30   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Does anyone know if this car will come with a Dual Mass Flywheel which was a source of problems for the Aria and which was later changed to single mass flywheel?

Tata must understand that many buyers are now well educated and know the history of cars on which their newer cars are based. Hope they resolve all the niggles that Aria's engine had since the Hexa will be using it as well.

AFAIK The DMF is still very much present on the car other than the PURE version. The DMF Reduces the vibration in the engine. Do you have a source for the niggles? The engine and drivetrain in the Aria is also used on the Safari storme - which do sell a decent amount. So please do your home work before you shoot about the Engine being the issue.

There are other issues!
Old 16th August 2015, 19:23   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
AFAIK The DMF is still very much present on the car other than the PURE version. The DMF Reduces the vibration in the engine. Do you have a source for the niggles? The engine and drivetrain in the Aria is also used on the Safari storme - which do sell a decent amount. So please do your home work before you shoot about the Engine being the issue.

There are other issues!
I did a simple search in the search box right at the top of this page. Comes back with many, many results related to the TATA DMF problems.

Try this :

http://www.team-bhp.com/search.php?c...q=tata+dmf&sa=

Last edited by john doe : 16th August 2015 at 19:29.
Old 16th August 2015, 22:15   #252
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post

There are other issues!

My 2 cents on this matter.

Aria does not come with DMF anymore. I have a 2011 Aria Pride 4x4 and my DMF was changed to normal Flywheel around the time I crossed 60000 kms. But I had faced issues of DMF failure even before.

My vehicle is now at 120000 kms and over the past 60000 kms, I have been using the normal fly wheel. Unfortunately this is a terrible compromise presently and at certain speeds in 4th or 5th gear, there is a rocking motion transmitted to the gesr lever. Besides the nvh due to normal flywheel is significantly higher as compared to earlier when I had the DMF.

The current updared Aria comes with Single mass flywheel but with updated Self Adjusting Clutch from LUK with a larger friction area and super light action. I have test driven the current set up and its a near match to the super silent drivetrain that existed in my Aria with the DMF.

Tata Motors faces a credibility crisis currently for all their sins of commission n ommission with regard to Product quality, service issues etc. they better sort this out with the Hexa or the credibility crisis can turn into existential crisis.

Despite the problems most consumers have faced with Tata products, there remains a groundswell of support for their efforts to maintain n grow their market share. I should know, having just bought the Nano Auto for my daughter recently.
AAD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 08:40   #253
Senior - BHPian

DMF has been known to cause issues in other cars too for example Skoda. However, the current Storme/Aria engines I believe have a single mass flywheel, which may contribute to increased NVH compared to the DMF. Also the current Storme/Aria engine is known to consume engine mounts (my front two mounts are replaced within 19000 kms), but these replacements happen in warranty, FOC.

Regarding quality, looking at the Storme, the Zest, Nano and the Bolt, Tata seems to have got their act together. I have heard of very few issues, if any, and the horror stories we all heard of the Dicor, Aria from earlier seems to be over. I strongly believe that the new Hexa should be a car to watch out for.

Some members here are also concerned about the vehicle dimensions. We need to understand that Tata has always been selling full sized SUV not pint sized compromises called as the perfect SUV etc. If one needs to seat 5/7 people in comfort, have a decent sized boot, one needs to make a car which is as big as the Storme or the Aria.
Regarding the perceived issue of maneuvering within the city, in India any car which is sufficiently large makes its own way, I have had people parting ways for me, and it is easier driving the Storme in peak traffic than a hatchback or a sedan. Parking is an issue yes, but it is similar to owning a D/E segment sedan. One needs to plan and ensure secure parking may be in malls or public parking, I don't park on the road.
apachelongbow is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 12:26   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata's Hexa spotted again, under test- likely launch in Auto expo?

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexaimages.jpg

Name:  Hure.PNG
Views: 3666
Size:  534.1 KB

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexavariants.jpg

http://motoroctane.com/news/17485-ta...ly-by-year-end

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th August 2015 at 12:29.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 13:00   #255
Senior - BHPian

Indian Grand Cherokee is in the making. Looks like production ready and Tata should not wait more to launch it.

Hope their comeback attempt which started with Zest-Bolt will pick up speed with the launch of Hexa, Kite hatch, Kite Sedan, and Nexon Crossover.

Last edited by Latheesh : 26th August 2015 at 13:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks