Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 14:21   #346
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

The Hexa looks nice indeed! The camouflaged one I saw in Pune few days ago definitely had good road presence and now the un-camouflaged version looks great!

Any idea/speculation on pricing & probable launch dates ?
Old 6th October 2015, 14:29   #347
Senior - BHPian

Nice, clean and mature (re)design with outstanding presence. Why couldn't they do something like this the first time around?

The new Tatas are looking good. Way to go, TML.
Old 6th October 2015, 14:44   #348
BHPian

I think the front is over done a bit, too much styling, too much glass, too much chrome and generally too many lines. It looks edgy when its clean, a little dirt on and all that recesses start to look awkward.
Old 6th October 2015, 16:07   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

The new Tatas are looking good. Way to go, TML.
If you look at it, car to car Tatas have got better designs, features and at par or better engines in most of the segments. The whole poor sales and service thing is gas in my opinion. Yes they are not Toyota standard, but better than most. Now only if they can shore up their quality control and lead the industry in that department, don't see any reason why Tata can't be topping the sales charts once again.
rrsteer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 18:02   #350
Senior - BHPian

Tata vehicles have always had this puny front portion which seems to bulge towards the rear. This is no exception. You can clearly see it from rear 3/4 and from the front. Kind of first generation Dodge minivan. For a macho look, it doesnt suit.
Its a crossover but then people didn't like Aria so they have not progressed much for me.

Last edited by srishiva : 6th October 2015 at 18:03.
Old 7th October 2015, 00:00   #351
BHPian

The Hexa is indeed the best looking car from Tata Motors stables, next only to the Zest I would say!

Am sure Hexa will give Innova a serious competition! And a potential upgrade to my Zest after 3 years!!
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 00:51   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Was TD'ing Zest today and got in a candid conversation with SA, and then diverted the topic to Hexa. After a lot of probing here are few things i was able to get out of him.

1. Launch Q1 2016, most probably early Q1.
2. AMT version to be made available.
3. Price will be around 15 lacs Ex showroom.

He did not divulge anymore information though i tried a bit!!

Sorry if this is a repeat information.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 06:38   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
That must be the automatic version. The dealers haven't sold a slush box auto yetyet, hence from automatic he would probably have assumed it to be AMT .
Old 7th October 2015, 07:20   #354
Senior - BHPian

The Indica V2 was launched in the year 2000. That makes this car over 15 years old. 1.5 million kilometers in 15 years is equal to an average of around 275 km per day. Is this possible for a taxi? Definitely yes. Is the mileage given by the owner a bit exaggerated? Probably yes.

I have seen many taxis run with multiple drivers 24x7x365, taking a break for only preventive maintenance (rare) and breakdown maintenance (usual). I have never owned an Indica, so don't want to pass an opinion on what mileage an Indica can do.

Guess we should stick to the Hexa then.
Old 7th October 2015, 09:41   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
That must be the automatic version. The dealers haven't sold a slush box auto yetyet, hence from automatic he would probably have assumed it to be AMT .
He was very sure it is AmT and not conventional as I asked him twice. Though good to know an auto version will be available either way.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:12   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Was TD'ing Zest today and got in a candid conversation with SA, and then diverted the topic to Hexa. After a lot of probing here are few things i was able to get out of him.

1. Launch Q1 2016, most probably early Q1.
3. Price will be around 15 lacs Ex showroom.

He did not divulge anymore information though i tried a bit!!

Sorry if this is a repeat information.
Hexa looks to be a good product but i think TATA would launch it at the same time of new Innova. Off late, TATA is very slow to respond to market changes. After owning TATA cars for 11 years, i will put my money with Toyota. Peace of mind is always needed.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:43   #357
BHPian

@ameaa - TATA may still have advantage of early launch because TOYOTA had delayed its new launches to 2017.
The HEXA looks solid and powerful,safe (paper wise as of now).
The wheel -body proportion makes it more beautiful and stability oriented than the new innova.Given the long tradition of Toyota's Spartan feature list,HEXA will be miles ahead and pricing will be icing on the cake hopefully along with much improved reliability.
Old 7th October 2015, 13:22   #358
BHPian

I was looking forward to it, but after my friend had numerous bad experiences for simple issues with his Safari at the Tata Service Center, I just can't see myself going through such heartburn. As it is I've been tolerating Fiat A.S.S., now I've learned my lesson & I value my peace of mind.

IMO the most important thing that matters is that TATA should provide a long term warranty, as indicated a few pages back on this thread.

If not, features notwithstanding, I'm better off hiring self drive. I've even done all the calculations! It'll be just a little more expensive (~1.3x times), but I get to avoid expensive risks !

Anyway lets see, maybe it'll launch around Diwali (IIRC even Storme was launched in the year end).

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 7th October 2015 at 13:25.
Old 7th October 2015, 13:30   #359
BHPian

This is looking good. Looking humongous.
It should have looked like this from day one i.e., Arai should had been this during the launch. Good thing is, Tata seems to have learnt the lesson and got the branding also changed to Hexa now.
Old 7th October 2015, 15:09   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Awesome transition from concept to production.

The rear (C-Pillar on-wards) doesn't match up to the rest of the car.

The wipers should be hidden from view at this prince point.
Pricing hasn't been announced yet. Moreover I don't think there are many cars with recessed wipers at the speculated price point anyway. What they do have that I like are the scissor wiper setup like the Civic had (and Aria, of course). Switch to the flat rubber-only wipers and it looks really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The Hexa looks nice indeed! The camouflaged one I saw in Pune few days ago definitely had good road presence and now the un-camouflaged version looks great!

Any idea/speculation on pricing & probable launch dates ?
There is definitely a mismatch between the front and the rear. They've tried to hide the bulk of the tail, but they would have had to shorten the vehicle or redesign the rear structurally in order to achieve anything better. The Aria also looked too long and bulky for it to appear anything other (better? SUV like?) than an MUV. This is a good effort, and there will be a large number that like the front, but I think the length and bulk will put a lot off too. I don't think the Hexa can displace the Innova which has most of the MUV market that Tata is targetting with the Hexa.

I really hope they've sorted out the engine/transmission/suspension issues. I've seen from the Zest that quality is no longer an issue. Service is still iffy, but not that big a pain in the rear if one doesn't have to visit the ASC that often in the first place.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks