Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2015, 13:04   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

Tata's Hexa continues its testing, now in MH.

Quote:
The spy shots confirm Tata’s signature mesh front grille for it new cars. The headlamps get projector units and a muscular bonnet to make it look more SUV than MPV. The wing mirrors get LED turn indicators.
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexaexterior62850.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexaexterior62851.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexaexterior62853.jpg
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tatahexaexterior62854.jpg

http://www.carwale.com/news/21244-ex...mpv-spied.html
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 14:45   #422
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The big change is the roof is lowered and the car looks squarer and squat compared to the Aria, the seats too must be lower down since I was peering down the driver/co driver from my perch in the Storme.
Are you sure of the Roof being lowered? It looks the same to me, besides that is the one aspect that no manufacturer has ever managed to change as that would involve changes to all doors, and the entire body shell. They would have loved to lower the Storme roof if that were possible.

The Storme is much taller and one also sits higher in it, I feel the roof being lower may have been an illusion due to the higher bonnet.

It feels the same to me in the snaps earlier and the uncovered exhibition views etc.

Also the seat height and in fact the seats themselves including the plastics on the side of the frames feel the same to except for the seat pattern.

Last edited by ACM : 29th December 2015 at 14:49.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:13   #423
BHPian

Camouflage SUV

Folks !! I spotted this big SUV Camouflage on Pune roads, I am a little confused which one could it be and i assume it to be one of below
1. New TOYOTA Fortuner
2. New TATA Aria

I could think of any other SUV coming out of this size, Please look at the pictures below and suggest what could it be.

Admins: Please excuse me if any rule is broken as this is my first post. Please move it to appropriate section if the section is wrong. I am trying to rotate the pictures but unsuccessful.

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-image1.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-image2.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-image3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2016 at 16:26. Reason: Correcting image orientation
ashishmathur14 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:22   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishmathur14 View Post
Folks !! I spotted this big SUV Camouflage on Pune roads, I am a little confused which one could it be and i assume it to be one of below
1. New TOYOTA Fortuner
2. New TATA Aria
I spotted this one on Hinjewadi roads. It was actually huge. The stance looked like XUV(Ready to pounce) and the size could be compared to an Aria.
Engine_Roars is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:23   #425
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Camouflage SUV

Thanks for the spy pictures! This is Tata's Hexa (or whatever it will be finally named), which is going to replace the Aria.

At first glance from the front, I thought this might be the new Osprey compact SUV, but then the rear profile indicates a huge, long car with three rows of seats, so it cannot be the sub-4m Osprey.

I'm quite sure it's the Hexa!

Last edited by RSR : 2nd January 2016 at 13:26.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:27   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Thanks for the spy pictures! This is Tata's Hexa (or whatever it will be finally named), which is going to replace the Aria.

At first glance from the front, I thought this might be the new Osprey compact SUV, but then the rear profile indicates a huge, long car with three rows of seats, so it cannot be the sub-4m Osprey.

I'm quite sure it's the Hexa!

I was also thinking on the lines of new Aria, as i could see the Tata logo on wheels, could get a very clear view of it but it looked like one and wheel spokes to resembled the outgoing Aria.
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:27   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

1. The bonnet - the lines are from the Hexa.
2. Zoom into the wheel of the second pic. The Tata logo is there ..
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:29   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I spotted this one on Hinjewadi roads. It was actually huge. The stance looked like XUV(Ready to pounce) and the size could be compared to an Aria.
I spotted it at Jagtap Dairy signal and followed it till Wakad flyover where it took left towards Baner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
1. The bonnet - the lines are from the Hexa.
2. Zoom into the wheel of the second pic. The Tata logo is there ..
Yes, It looked very much like the Tata Logo but could not get a clear view or picture of it. The driver seemed annoyed by me taking pictures on the signal and did not come near or overtake for quite sometime, since i was driving slow for the vehicle to cross me so i can get a good side profile view, he literally zipped across me and flew among the traffic, before i clicked it last on a signal.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2016 at 16:34. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:43   #429
BHPian

A friend who is also a T-BHP follower sent me these pics he clicked near Kolhapur, Maharashtra last Wednesday. Is it the same vehicle? This one seems to be a higher model if its the same Tata vehicle as you could see the alloy wheels on this. Interior pics also included. Thanks to Capt.Sandhesh from Mumbai for sharing these pics.

Edit: upon close observation it seems this is Tata but its not the same vehicle. OP seems to be Aria based while this one seems to be an SUV. The door mirror of this one is different from that of the first post.
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-1.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-2.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-3.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-4.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-5.jpg

Sorry, my mistake. The door mirrors are same. Looks like the same vehicle! In the first pic, it looks like the door mirror is different, but in the second pic, its clear that its the same door mirror. Mods, please merge this post with my previous post. Just noticed the mistake and its already past the 30 mins editing window. Thanks.

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd January 2016 at 14:45. Reason: Merged as requested
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 14:43   #430
e46
BHPian

Yes it is the Hexa, which is going to succeed Aria in recent future. Good catch. The Zest inspired steering could have looked better.

I believe, the original post along with subsequent responses could be merged with the already running thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...crossover.html

Regards,
Abhi
Old 2nd January 2016, 14:50   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Sorry, my mistake. The door mirrors are same. Looks like the same vehicle! In the first pic, it looks like the door mirror is different, but in the second pic, its clear that its the same door mirror. Mods, please merge this post with my previous post. Just noticed the mistake and its already past the 30 mins editing window. Thanks.
Exactly! It's the same vehicle as in the first post, and the camouflage design too appears similar! Looks like a remarkable improvement over the old generation Aria and Tata will load this with all the bells and whistles as per the current market expectations.

No doubt, Tata will do a great job in terms of engineering, design, features and overall packaging, but only thing they "must" improve is their "after sales service". I have seen happy Aria owners and they have no grievance against the vehicle as such but the service experience to most of the owners has been bitter to say the least. Tata must learn or simply copy what Mahindra did when they launched the XUV 5OO. Hire more professional people, train their shop floor mechanics thoroughly and listen to customer feedback.

Last edited by Venku2015 : 2nd January 2016 at 15:01.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 15:15   #432
BANNED

This is definitely the Hexa. Its much improved from the Aria days. Autocar India reviewed it for their anniversary issue and they were quite happy with the car. i'll post a link to the review.

EDIT: Couldn't find the review online, though did have it in the magazine. I only found the photo gallery..

If anybody wants, I can give the photos of the magazine I have.

Last edited by agambhandari : 2nd January 2016 at 15:18. Reason: Adding link
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 23:13   #433
BHPian

Look at those overhangs in both photos. also the stance of vehicle looks different to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-1.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-20151012021536_h4.jpg  

Old 6th January 2016, 23:47   #434
BHPian

Looks more like just due to different camera angle to me.
Old 7th January 2016, 01:14   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
Look at those overhangs in both photos. also the stance of vehicle looks different to me.

That is Hexa buddy. For sure. Not even a tiny doubt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Looks more like just due to different camera angle to me.
Camera angle is not that much different to create that visible difference in how overhangs appear in the camoe'd vehicle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks