Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2015, 08:38   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

The present Aria top end with 4x4,esp, traction control and 6 airbags costs 18.15 lakhs on road (not including the 1 lakh cash discount). I believe the Hexa would be priced around the same for the manual transmission model since after looking closely at Hexa the only sheet metal changes done are to the bonnet and rear hatch.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2015 at 13:00. Reason: Typo
Old 4th March 2015, 09:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

Little birdie update on the Hexa.

The launch is planned for end 2016. There's still testing to be done on the new gearbox especially the awd automatic combination.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 09:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Very nice job, Tata! Love the name as well, quite unique. Hopefully, it translates to an eight passenger vehicle? j/k.

Regardless, if they move it as is into the production line and bring it out within the 15L bracket, they've got a winner in their hands.

Hyundai had announced plans for a people mover with a similar name - Hexa space, in 2012 Auto expo

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2634782

Neat move by Tata, if at all they launch this with the same name, huh?
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 09:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

That's one good looking car which I would definitely buy if it's priced sensibly.While getting my cl500 serviced I happened to interact with one of the R & D engineers from Tata who had brought his bullet for servicing. He too confirmed that Tata is bringing out a crossover but did not confirm the launch dates. Couldn't get much details as I was about to leave urgently.
A bit OT, he mentioned about the nano Diesel which Tata had shelved. As per him, the engine was too big to fit inside the engine bay of the nano.
Old 4th March 2015, 09:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
It looks as though made up of boxed parts with all that cladding. I personally am a fan of clean flowing lines and this was not to my taste at all. The kink in the rear quarter glass looks odd too!
Fully agree with you. Even I can't understand why people are going gaga over Hexa's styling. To me it looks like an oversized made-in-China toy car! The styling has plastic written all over. After seeing Zest and Bolt, I'm disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
The launch is planned for end 2016.
By which time it would have become obsolete!
Old 4th March 2015, 10:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The launch is planned for end 2016. There's still testing to be done on the new gearbox especially the awd automatic combination.
Knowing TATA, 2016 will become 2017 or even 2018. I don't believe they are the same guys who developed and launched Sumo in record time. I guess they are exploring options for other end of the record.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 11:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What is stopping them from launching the new body style with the same mechanicals in 2015 and later introduce the new motor and gearbox ? Atleast it will keep the market interested, and build some traction.

cheers!
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 11:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
I've also noticed no mention of their explanation of the name HEXA.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
I think Hexa (6) is for the 6 seater it is currently shown as - 6 captain seats. Acres of space & luxury for each.

Which also makes me think that the 'concept' is called Hexa - while when they launch it, it might be called something else. Because I sure hope they launch it in 6, 7 & 8 seater variants. (NOT for the Taxi market ... seeing quite a few base version Arias (new facelift iteration) plying on the road with yellow number plates)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Folks piece of advice. Dont praise the car too much or else the Tata Marketing department will come and price this car at three times its value and kill it.

Advice after watching the aria price debacle.

Maddy

Bang on! & the Bolt blooper too!
Just head over to the Bolt thread - it changed completely after the prices were announced.

We know for a fact that Tata is reading team-Bhp seriously.
It is also obvious they can't please all the people all the time. (Someone on another thread just called the Nano - hideous )

But if they are to act on ANY feedback they read here - let it be their A.S.S. & Pricing.

I think we will see this hit the roads pretty soon. & Not significantly toned down either. Probably Q4 2015 or Q1 2016.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 12:46   #69
BHPian

Re: More powerful Tata Aria with 150PS & 320 Nm

The Hexa looks good , certainly better than the Aria especially those horizontal Tail Lamps.And the stance too seems a bit SUVish if not an out an out SUV compared to the Aria and Innova.

But thats just how it seemed to me in the video by looking at the bonnet which seemed a little raised up compared to the Aria.
Old 5th March 2015, 03:55   #70
BHPian

Only one word for this car - Wow.

If TATA can launch this vehicle in next 6 months, it will be the most sort after vehicle in India for sure. Hexa looks better than XUV 500 period. Launch it soon TATA and see the fortunes change.
Old 5th March 2015, 04:55   #71
BHPian

Definitely a much better proposition then Aria. The typical TATA vehicle feeling is transformed to into more radical design.

But IMHO TATA Motors sales Team has not so good approach on marketing. They create the enthusiasm but it dies out of waiting. They need to learn a lot from Maruti or Hyundai for that matter. Create the indistinct interest, define a time line and release the product or at least keep your products ready at dealer under wrap and release at the same time of global release. If TATA motors stop taking their sweet time after showing a product to release they will definitely do better ( At least at the sales part )
M.R.Boruwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 05:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys. There is not one good looking people mover in the country and to me this is a people mover with a bit of chutzpah. If Tata can sort out the quality and niggles which marred the Aria brand, this has the potential to exceed in the market. Remember Innova does not come cheap and yet it sells. This looks a lot more desirable and the interiors and equipment list will longer too for the same price.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 08:51   #73
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2015 at 12:44.
rosaf is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th March 2015, 09:44   #74
BHPian

Many comments say oh it's just a few changes in the front and rear, only few talk about the under the hood changes.

The video shows auto terrain mechanism, which I think is coming from JLR. There will be other bits and pieces they adopt from JLR for this vehicle.

Kudos to TATA. Hope they launch it in India soon

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2015 at 12:45. Reason: Typos
rajtheindian is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th March 2015, 10:43   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

I just hope they stop selling the Aria and introduce this as the 'next' Aria. Please don't sell both of these and position it above the current gen.

Even with all the positive changes TML has brought about for Zest/Bolt, these aren't selling as much as they'd hoped. There is something about a TATA car that seems to repel people. Recommend a Zest/Bolt and people go "oh, not a TATA". With Zest/Bolt we are still taking about a 7-8 lakh package. This looks worth a lot more. But if this comes close to the 16-17 lakh mark, it would be a self goal. Yet again.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks