Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2015, 12:32   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!

i must admit that this is the best look tata product till date, if priced right this could be a serious challenger to the XUV and fortuner.
Old 9th March 2015, 12:41   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
It will be launched with in this year only i.e 2015 as per a senior GM at a TATA dealership in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
If true, then this is good news, although I highly doubt this will be the case.
From http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report...eneva-2066272:

"Tim Leverton who heads Tata Motors Engineering Research Centre at Pune said that they are just months away from regular series production of this exciting new crossover"

Although how many "months away" is anybody's guess.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 9th March 2015, 21:11   #108
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This is more or less the Aria.

Would I buy it again in V2 form - A BIG YES - provided.

They don't name it the Aria - HEXA is better. Aria name will not be able to succeed now.

Provided they price the top HEXA mode similar or lower than the original Aria was priced.

Provided they succeed in the other segments and gain get back to atleast the No. 4 slot in the Indian Auto Industry.

Provided they have a top end AT version with 4X4 this time round. - which I would go for.

Provided they offer a warranty of 5 years.

Loved the Aria, this is even better looking and featured. Would any day be better than the new Endy, current Fortuner & Santafe. Definitely better than the XUV which even the Aria was but for the price and the Innovaish looks.

They should continue the Aria in the base trims upto Prestige without 4X4 as a Innova competitor, and position the HEXA higher but at the price point of the first Aria at most.

They should launch after another year of testing.

I may prebook AGAIN. Some people never learn. So it's decided am not picking up anything this year at least.
ACM is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 23:44   #109
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought apart from AWD version

(1) can't they plonk a 4X4 gear box with Low and Hi ratio in a version and make it mother of available SUVs under 25L.

(2) An auto / AMT 4X4 version

Price it right generate aspirational value and the base 4X2 versions will fly from showroom
Old 10th March 2015, 02:30   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Showcasing vehicles that aren't likely to see the light of day anytime soon is not how a company should be going about it.
Maruti has been showcasing it's 'XA Alpha' concept since 2+ years and still has not seen the light of the day!
Old 10th March 2015, 10:23   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
If true, then this is good news, although I highly doubt this will be the case. whats launching this year is the refreshed Storme in the next couple of months.
What is launching this year is the refreshed Aria which is different from HEXA. HEXA is most likely a precursor to a new SUV which is in planning stages. But you may see some some elements of HEXA incorporated in upcoming Aria facelift.
teamveevee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 13:34   #112
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
What is launching this year is the refreshed Aria which is different from HEXA. HEXA is most likely a precursor to a new SUV which is in planning stages. But you may see some some elements of HEXA incorporated in upcoming Aria facelift.
TATA launched refreshed ARIA with 148 Hp and 320 nm torque only in March 2014. Again refresh with in a year?
Old 11th March 2015, 12:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

I think Tata are doing a Zest with the Hexa. Completely reskin he car, make it more butch, better interior quality, higher power, more gizmos and rename the vehicle. Makes sense not to carry forward the old name and its associated bad memories. I wish they had launched the Storme with a different name, disassociating from the Safari and its problems, the sales would have stabilised at 1500 per month at least....
Old 11th March 2015, 16:57   #114
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

While seeing a lot of comments talking about the need to have better QUALITY interiors in the Hexa compared to the Aria, I do feel the need to point out that the QUALITY of at least 90% of the stuff on the inside / interiors of the Aria itself was far better than that on the Fortuner or Endy which were both at a much higher price point. Yes the HEXA will have even better Interiors and TATA has learnt a fair bit in the past year but the Aria itself had really good interior design and quality and the stuff also lasted, the features too did not have niggles.

Another point often mentioned is the quality of service. Frankly I found the service to be superb as also the special support they gave ARIA customers as they would for HEXA. The issue was mechanicals failures and the service centre cannot be blamed for that. They did their bit to support and repair as soon as possible once they go the approvals.

The reasons for failure were pricing for the brand the innovaish looks and then for the final nail in the coffin XUV coming to the party at a much better price point. XUV had macho looks and was 2L better priced, Aria could never recover from that. The price revisions and discounts later were too little too late. Innova customers too could not be lured by the Aria Pure or LX as the Innova G is bought in large numbers for reliability and because the Taxi segment demands that product. It is a hard to break into that segment. Not to discount the private buyer in anyway.

Interior quality was never really the issue. Ergonomics could be a bit better but were acceptable even in V1. V2 HEXA is noticeably better design already.
ACM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 17:28   #115
Senior - BHPian

Some more design sketches from the TML horizonext website.

http://www.gms2015.tatamotors.com

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-design-1.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-design-2.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-design-4.jpg

Build this, ASAP, in this blue color, and I'm ready with my cash!
smsrini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 17:37   #116
Senior - BHPian

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-concept-8.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-concept-9.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-tata-hexa-concept-1.jpg

More HiRes pictures from the site. resized images dont do justice to the car. Have a look at the original images, to see the details.

cheers!
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 21:42   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Some more design sketches from the TML horizonext website.
Thanks for posting those images. The Hexa looks super cool in those sketches wearing that nice shade of blue. Come on Tata, what you need is products like this and Nexon pretty soon.
Old 17th March 2015, 22:20   #118
BHPian

I was really really waiting for the Hexa to be showcased.

All the buzz around how TATA was trying to give a SUV styling to an inevitable MUV (they may call it crossover or anything). I have always been a big fan of Tata Motors, possibly stemming from the Safari TCIC, but somehow none of their vehicles post this had designs that appealed to the heart and make you go WOW. So was absolutely waiting to see how the TATA motors design team would go about this rather difficult task.

...and boy, was i disappointed. Hexa has a typical trait of Tata Vehicles. Its designs are consistently disproportionate. I can understand Zest looking awkward since it had to adhere to length constraints, but almost all Tata vehicles are amiss with design. You may not be able to precisely point out what is wrong, but you know that the design is not quite there. Hexa is no different. Just like the bolt, aam junta will just think this is a facelifted Aria, and thats where the problem begins.

Why cannot Tata Motors get this basic design right. They have access to fantastic resources and designers. Is this so difficult.

Some Team-BHPians have tried in the past. Quoting it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I have been saying all the while that the Xenon is a good platform to build on and even made a pictorial of probable models that could come.
Tata Hexa @ Geneva Motor Show 2015. An Aria-based Crossover!-xenon2.jpg

Thought of doing something with the Hexa, and while I am a novice at PS, sharing my attempts at reducing the wheelbase and giving it a proper SUV shape, to hide the bulk. Feedback welcome

Original Design
Name:  1Original.png
Views: 3846
Size:  170.3 KB

Shortened from Rear

Name:  2ShortenedRear.png
Views: 3937
Size:  167.8 KB

Shortened from Front as well
Name:  3ShortenedFront.png
Views: 3941
Size:  167.9 KB

All together for comparison
Name:  All.png
Views: 13318
Size:  386.7 KB

Last edited by sachinayak : 17th March 2015 at 22:28.
sachinayak is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 23:35   #119
Sac
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
I was really really waiting for the Hexa to be showcased.

...and boy, was i disappointed. Hexa has a typical trait of Tata Vehicles. Its designs are consistently disproportionate. I can understand Zest looking awkward since it had to adhere to length constraints, but almost all Tata vehicles are amiss with design. You may not be able to precisely point out what is wrong, but you know that the design is not quite there. Hexa is no different. Just like the bolt, aam junta will just think this is a facelifted Aria, and thats where the problem begins.
Well, I hope you do understand that this exactly is a facelifted Aria. If they went on to change the side profile they would be investing in two new Body side panels, which do not come cheap, trust me. Liked your sense of proportion though,
Old 18th March 2015, 02:07   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
All together for comparison
Attachment 1350713
The last one is AWESOME! A lot of Freelander effect! Looks quite premium!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th March 2015 at 02:09.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks