Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2015, 18:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Skoda Fabia: Will it come to India?

Skoda is clearly no budget brand even in Europe, such ideas are the result of serious marketing money funelled from VAG headquarters to maintain perceptions however outdated and false they might be. Recently, I was watching a comparison between a Focus, Golf and Octavia, considered in the same category because they are all hatches. I thought that was a farce, how many people would choose the smaller hatch for a lot more money unless they were plain brand snobs? VW brand is the drag on the group with less than 2% profits.

Skoda has been a premium brand in India from the beginning, except for a short while when they sold the Fabia at super low prices. The cars were certainly not affordable and from personal experience, I can't think of any owner who wasn't a little, sometimes a lot better off, in his social circle. Skoda offers something like Lexus, you don't have to rub shoulders with the eco hatch owners when you go for service(if at all you do) ASS may be terrible, but VW is no great shakes in this department anyway. The Fabia hatch was deliberately decontented to keep the Golf on a higher plane, most customers are too smart to fall for marketing rubbish when its hard earned money on the line.
Old 20th March 2015, 23:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unfortunately, the money control article is off the mark.

I'm pretty sure the Fabia won't be here for the next 2 years atleast. Who knows after that? Anything longer is impossible to predict. Most manufacturers don't know their own product plans for 2018.
Yikes!! What a dampener.
Was thinking, how it would be a great year for Indian consumers with manufacturers finally offering some decent high-end hatchbacks to choose from, only to be put back in place with nothing from Skoda in the next 2 years in the hatchback category.
Old 21st March 2015, 07:55   #48
Team-BHP Support

Why are we going overboard on the brand value here? Irrespective of where Skoda lies in the VAG hierarchy, the new Fabia is a good-looking car with its clean and elegant lines. And considering the fact that hatchbacks in the vicinity of 9-10 lakhs are being accepted in our market, I do see a space for this model. Guess it all depends on Skoda having a bit more clarity on what it takes to make the brand click (again) in our market.
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 15:26   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Why are we going overboard on the brand value here?
Yes! And we don't even know what they will offer us yet. Let's hope for the best and take it from there and then.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 13:15   #50
BHPian

Can we expect the new rapid (2012 model in EU) to come with DRLs and smoked headlights like in the 2015 Fabia? Even if the don't, I'm guessing the 2015 Fabia's headlights will fit perfectly in the new Rapid.

The DRLs will take the rapid a class higher!
Old 30th August 2015, 12:05   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

The Fabia, Škoda’s second largest selling model globally, is set to be re-introduced here - could enter the premium hatch segment.

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...igns-grow-9153
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

The Fabia, Škoda’s second largest selling model globally, is set to be re-introduced here
Awesome news volkman10 and IMO much needed !!

I have always loved hatch backs and Fabia was one of my favorite during its run in India. If this news does materialize, I think we can probably expect Skoda to launch a 1.2 TSI in Manual version and a 1.5 TDI (DSG?)

Irrespective of the mechanical, I only wish Skoda launches the Faby in this shade-

Next-gen Skoda Fabia: Will it come to India?-2015skodafabia1.jpg
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 08:47   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Skoda Fabia facelift in works, gets the family look . Likely to come to India in late 2017/18.
Next-gen Skoda Fabia: Will it come to India?-spyshots2017skodafabiafacelifthasnoseradarsuperbgrille110786_1.jpg
Next-gen Skoda Fabia: Will it come to India?-spyshots2017skodafabiafacelifthasnoseradarsuperbgrille_4.jpg
Next-gen Skoda Fabia: Will it come to India?-spyshots2017skodafabiafacelifthasnoseradarsuperbgrille_7.jpg
Next-gen Skoda Fabia: Will it come to India?-spyshots2017skodafabiafacelifthasnoseradarsuperbgrille_15.jpg

Link
Quote:
The front is the most drastically changed. Skoda used its new family face to change the way the Fabia looks. The most noticeable difference is the overall shape of the grille and headlights. There's a clear resemblance to the Superb.
Quote:
Also, the lower air grille, the one that actually does most of the work, is wider and features a honeycomb mesh. There's nothing going on down the sides, but the back features a revised bumper that kind of the Octavia.
Quote:
New engines are pretty much guaranteed to happen. One of them is the 1.0 TSI, which has already appeared on the Octavia and should replace the Fabia's old 1.2-liter. They 1.4 TDI might also be superseded by a 1.5-liter one

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st August 2016 at 08:50.
Old 31st August 2016, 08:54   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2017 Skoda Fabia facelift in works, get the family look . Likely to come to India in late 2017/18.
I wouldn't count on it.

With parents company VW having announced to the press that the all new Polo (based on the MQB platform) has been deferred and India is likely to get a new gen Polo based on the existing platform, albeit heavily revised, a new Skoda Fabia can be ruled out for the time being. I'd be delighted if they prove me wrong though.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 09:03   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I wouldn't count on it.
I'd be delighted if they prove me wrong though.
With Skoda releasing its roadmap showed one product yet to be disclosed, my guess is it could be the Fabia ( not the MQB) but will follow the plan of Polo next gen for India.

link (Skoda announces Prepaid Maintenance Packages, a new 4-year Standard Warranty & more)
Old 31st August 2016, 10:33   #56
BHPian

Quote:
2017 Skoda Fabia facelift in works, gets the family look .
Link
Isn't that the Fabia Combi and not exactly the Fabia which we can expect for India, if at all it comes? Looks longer to me or is it just the angle in the pictures?
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 10:39   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Isn't that the Fabia Combi and not exactly the Fabia which we can expect for India, if at all it comes? Looks longer to me or is it just the angle in the pictures?
Facelift is applicable to the Fabia family.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 18:18   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

The "disguise" painting doesn't seem to be doing a great job of disguise!

I would agree that Skoda has been relegated to second fiddle, especially for the Polo/Fabia size of car.

(And, offtopic, I was going to ask if "testfahrt" was for real. I googled. Seems like I should stop laughing now. But can't )
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 08:42   #59
Senior - BHPian

I was pleasantly surprised to see an article in The Hindu yesterday of Team MRF with the new Fabia.

Gaurav Gill is piloting the Fabia R5 in APRC and the team has won all the four rounds thus far. New Zealand, Australia, China and now Japan.

Next-gen Skoda Fabia: Will it come to India?-281125x750.jpg

source
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 19:23   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Next GEN. Skoda Fabia fast tracked for Europe. Likely to debut in 2021.

Next-gen Skoda Fabia: Will it come to India?-skodafabiawatermarkedrear_0.jpg

Quote:
Skoda recently started testing early prototypes of the car
Bernhard Maier, CEO- Skoda:

Quote:
“I just last week drove the first prototype of the Fabia, on MQB A0. I can tell you already that I can’t wait to bring that car to market.”
Likely to be evaluated for India, and if so, expect a 2022 launch.

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks