Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 16:15   #151
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonick View Post
It just came to my notice that the tyre pressure guide sticker stamped on my car's door frame has the tyre specifications from Creta and not i20 Active. Is it the same on all others?
Not for me as well. Mis-stickered in your case.
For me its 31 and 33 for unloaded and loaded conditions.
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:22   #152
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Along with the top Asta(O) variants of the regular i20, Hyundai has also updated the top SX variants of the i20 Active. These variants now feature the excellent side & curtain airbags, for a total of six airbags! (They also get speed-sensing auto door locks, finally!)

Bravo, Hyundai, well done! The i20/Active now truly lives up to the tag of a premium hatchback!

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-screenshot_20160902201146.jpg

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-screenshot_20160902201256.jpg

Now, let us have the new 100 PS 1.4 litre Kappa twin-cam Dual-VTVT & 4-speed torque converter gearbox on the i20 Active as well - either on the updated SX variant or the S variant, please!

Last edited by RSR : 2nd September 2016 at 20:26.
RSR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:33   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Now, let us have the new 100 PS 1.4 litre Kappa twin-cam Dual-VTVT & 4-speed torque converter gearbox on the i20 Active as well - either on the updated SX variant or the S variant, please!
Also, ABS on the base variants of i20's would make them more VFM.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 11:04   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Official prices of new, 6-airbag SX variants have been released:

1.2L SX VTVT = Rs 8,33,467/-
1.4L SX CRDi = Rs 9,71,269/-

Both prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

The new, updated SX variants see a price hike of around Rs 14,000/- over the outgoing SX variants.

In addition to the 6 airbags, the i20 Active SX already comes with ABS and impact sensing auto-door unlock function as other important safety features.

Official Press Release
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 18:54   #155
BHPian

A noob question - Can speed-sensing auto door locks be activated for poor mortals who were the early buyers of this car and would love to have this feature. I simply cannot fathom Hyundai skipping this feature when I have had it right from the days of the Maruti 800 (retrofitted of course). With kids in the family this feature even becomes more important.
Old 24th October 2016, 23:31   #156
BHPian

So, as my upgrade over the punto, I have booked the i20 active petrol S model on 20/10/2016. I would not write about my booking/buying experience here as we have a separate thread for that.
Now, for my choice, I was initially interested in the i20 elite Asta(o) and had gone to buy the elite specifically...but as soon as I caught a glimpse of the active in flesh standing right behind the elite, I asked the SA about the on road price of the active S petrol, and to my pleasure it came to be costing about 40k cheaper
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 01:04   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
So, as my upgrade over the punto, I have booked the i20 active petrol S model on 20/10/2016. I would not write about my booking/buying experience here as we have a separate thread for that.
Now, for my choice, I was initially interested in the i20 elite Asta(o) and had gone to buy the elite specifically...but as soon as I caught a glimpse of the active in flesh standing right behind the elite, I asked the SA about the on road price of the active S petrol, and to my pleasure it came to be costing about 40k cheaper
But i20 Active is having lesser equipment too as compared to i20 elite Asta(O), even the S-variant is having Manual AC in place of Automatic unit in Elite Asta(O) variant, while the latter is having AVN system as well as long list of other equipment in comparison.
CRtorquefan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 09:43   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
But i20 Active is having lesser equipment too as compared to i20 elite Asta(O), even the S-variant is having Manual AC in place of Automatic unit in Elite Asta(O) variant, while the latter is having AVN system as well as long list of other equipment in comparison.
Basically my preference for the active is because of higher ground clearance. Yes asta(o) has extra features such as the AVN, side airbags, start stop button, keyless operation, leather wrapped steering, but personally for me, a higher GC gets more priority over these options for a lesser price. Already the active S is loaded with features so I guess missing out on these few things would be a lesser compromise as compared to higher ground clearance.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:53   #159
BHPian

Anyone pl know how to set the default volume of tuner in i20 Active?
Mine has a very high setting and every time i start the car i have to lower it.
Old 25th October 2016, 13:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Anyone pl know how to set the default volume of tuner in i20 Active?
Mine has a very high setting and every time i start the car i have to lower it.
You can change startup volume in the settings menu.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 22:58   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammedsalimp View Post
My Active 1.2 has crossed 4000 kms and I usually get 12-13 kmpl in normal city use. Once during a highway trip, I got around 15 kmpl and that was the best FE so far.
If that is true, I am happy with my booking, as I have been having afterthoughts regularly regarding my choice of the i20 (active/elite in general) over the baleno mostly related to FE in city. I seriously don't prefer a light car coming from the Punto. Looking forward to my buying experience, I will share the same as and when things happen.

Last edited by arpanjha : 26th October 2016 at 22:59.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 23:09   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If that is true, I am happy with my booking, as I have been having afterthoughts regularly regarding my choice of the i20 (active/elite in general) over the baleno mostly related to FE in city. I seriously don't prefer a light car coming from the Punto. Looking forward to my buying experience, I will share the same as and when things happen.
Yep, even the i20 will seem a wee bit hollow after the Punto, the Baleno doesn't stand a chance here in my view. I own a Getz which is one of the heaviest Hyundai cars ever built in its class (alongwith the 1st generation Tucsons) and I found the i20 evidently hollow during door shuts and bonnet lifting. I simply hate closing light doors as a substantial effort is required consciously to lock them properly, in the Getz I just flick them towards me and DHAP!! > closed tight.

Just curious, how'd you find the ride and steering of the i20 after the Punto, no comparison I'd guess, except for the gearbox where Hyundai will be much better. Did the Hyundai satisfy you enough to make the transition from possibly one of the better driving small cars of all time?
Old 26th October 2016, 23:22   #163
BHPian

@dark.knight after the first test drive frankly speaking, I hated both the i20 as well as the baleno, nothing comes close to the handling and plush ride of the punto. My severe compromise is due to the severity of the severe lack of after sales support of Fiat and for that matter, the Polo too. As I was considering a Polo even only because of its handling. Coming to a Hyundai is a compromise which I have to make in favour of way better fit and finish, equipment, and of course service support and availability of spares. Believe me, I am having tough nights with thoughts of the Punto going(unavoidable). Getz was the first car that got me thinking to enter the premium hatchback segment, sadly it was already off the racks when I planned even my Punto purchase(2010 October).

Last edited by arpanjha : 26th October 2016 at 23:45.
Old 26th October 2016, 23:39   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@dark.knight after the first test drive frankly speaking, I hated both the i20 as well as the baleno, nothing comes close to the handling and plush ride of the punto.Getz was the first car that got me thinking to enter the premium hatchback segment, sadly it was already off the racks when I planned even my Punto purchase(2010 October).
Luckily I got hold of one before it signed off, and as someone with experience of driving a Punto as well, I'd say the Getz is 90% of the Punto in ride quality and overall, with slightly better refinement in certain areas like engine (1.3), fit-finish and weight of steering. Punto is much better in tech and ride over bad roads. The Getz too takes in bad stretches in a composed, flat manner with no jiggling or waving about, its just as steady and non-dramatic during turns as well, really effortless driving without a question.

We've to face the fact that coming from hydraulic steering, we're never going to find that connection, or love for driving in another modern car again. I've driven them all, Ford, VW, Honda etc.. steering wise they just fall flat. I almost feel like crying when driving them.

Where Hyundai genuinely does excel across models is in its reliability (not a single issue so far), its no-nonsense practical nature and to an extent style (current models are a bit much though). In time perhaps, you'd feel this was the right compromise.. Hyundai does evoke the feeling of being part of the family and that's a rarity these days.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 23:51   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Hyundai does evoke the feeling of being part of the family and that's a rarity these days.
I desperately need that feeling. As far as hyudraulic steering is concerned, I feel the same level of numbness as you do in the electric supported almost drive-by-wire steerings. At one point I used to bully my friends with i10 saying, the steering was no more than a sidewinder console.
Anyways, I am hoping to enjoy the i20 experience with a tag of pseudo SUV but with practical higher GC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks