Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2015, 11:10   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
My friend has booked i20 Active, but the dealer says that the spare wheel will not be an alloy, but a regular one.
Dipak Ranawat
I had taken a test drive of the i20 active sx and was told that the car came with a spare alloy. I saw this too. This was in late March (29-30 ish).
Old 20th May 2015, 07:57   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Speculations are Hyundai i20 Active to get 1.4 petrol and automatic gearbox.

Quote:
Quote:
The 1.4 petrol develops 106 bhp and is only marginally less efficient than the 1.2
The addition of the automatic gearbox will give the i20 Active a new layer of desirability. The automatic gearbox is the same one that is being offered in the Verna sedan.
http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/68...ic-gearbox.htm
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 18:05   #78
BHPian

The only issue which might be holding back Hyundai for launching an automatic with the 1.4 engine would be the selling price. Since the 1.4 would be sitting in the higher excise bracket coupled with the additional cost of an automatic gear box in all likelihood the car would be priced closer to the Verna. The later is any way not setting the sales charts on fire and with one more car cannibalizing the sales its unlikely that Hyundai might take a risk.
The worst that Hyundai might do is launch the same sans the top end with all bells and whistles.
It would be an interesting data if some one can share the Petrol-Diesel sales numbers for the Active i20.
Old 21st May 2015, 10:46   #79
BHPian

Quote:
My friend has booked i20 Active, but the dealer says that the spare wheel will not be an alloy, but a regular one. Any idea if the one you reviewed had an alloy only because you were reviewing it?
If it is indeed supposed to be an alloy, then is there a way we can help my friend to fight his war to get an alloy?

Dipak Ranawat
My cousin got his i20 Active (Petrol) delivered last month. The spare wheel indeed is an alloy.
spiler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 10:54   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
My cousin got his i20 Active (Petrol) delivered last month. The spare wheel indeed is an alloy.
Thanks for the confirmation.

As I said before, we always get the top model for the review, but it always completely stock. Any accessory would result in incorrect review of the new offering.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 12:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
My friend has booked i20 Active, but the dealer says that the spare wheel will not be an alloy, but a regular one. Any idea if the one you reviewed had an alloy only because you were reviewing it?
If it is indeed supposed to be an alloy, then is there a way we can help my friend to fight his war to get an alloy?

Dipak Ranawat
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
Which variant were these please?

Coz though the alloy wheels are standard on all three, the base variant has a different set of alloys. Hence there is a possibility that the spare wheel being an alloy is not a standard option for all variants. So you guys might want to compare notes on the variant as well before you pounce on the dealer

Last edited by vinjosep : 21st May 2015 at 12:24.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:07   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Which variant were these please?

Coz though the alloy wheels are standard on all three, the base variant has a different set of alloys. Hence there is a possibility that the spare wheel being an alloy is not a standard option for all variants. So you guys might want to compare notes on the variant as well before you pounce on the dealer
The variant which I am talking about is 1.2 S where spare is also an alloy. I guess this is the top end version in Petrol.
spiler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 09:35   #83
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I observed something interesting.

I saw a couple of i20 Active's on the road and thought of seeing how many Elite's were there vs Active's.

Till evening 5PM I had seen more i20 Active's than regular Elite i20's. All of them being the top spec SX variant.

Quite interesting to see people opting for the Active with the extra features like LED DRL's, projector lights, cornering lights and raised GC.

The Active also looks very good. I saw a Mercedes GLA crossover and an i20 Active parked next to it. The i20 Active actually does come across as a crossover and offers similar to what a GLA would offer. I'm not comparing the 2 but quite interesting both look like hatch/crossover.

Hyundai should get the headlights in the regular Elite i20 as well. The headlights really do stand out.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 09:42   #84
Team-BHP Support

Spotted an i20 Active with halogen headlamps last weekend. Turns out, the base variant features regular halogen headlamps, only the S and SX variant has projectors with LED DRLs and positioning lights.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 10:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Spotted an i20 Active with halogen headlamps last weekend. Turns out, the base variant features regular halogen headlamps, only the S and SX variant has projectors with LED DRLs and positioning lights.
Bingo Gannu, you saved me the time and effort to go pester one of my neighbors on his recent purchase !!

I was actually wondering as to why this gentleman 'Downgraded' the headlamps to a regular Elite, though he picked up the more premium Active !!
Old 15th June 2015, 10:16   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
That's plain silly. For the extra price of the Active he could have got the regular Elite i20 in a higher trim like Sportz (O) with an airbag, ABS, and diamond cut alloy wheels.
Old 15th June 2015, 10:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That's plain silly. For the extra price of the Active he could have got the regular Elite i20 in a higher trim like Sportz (O) with an airbag, ABS, and diamond cut alloy wheels.
If Carwale comparison is right, I think that person had a major brain fade.

The Active misses out on ABS, Driver Airbag, ACC, Steering adjustments, Driver seat height adjuster, rear defogger, ICE, indicators on wing mirrors, fog lamps, rear parking sensors with camera.

The price is the final highlight. The Eilte Sportz being 13K lesser than the Active base.

I hope he never sees this post or maybe he bought it for the alloy wheels (Elite misses out on that).

Edit: But if he gets the Sportz (O), he adds all the above mentioned features plus the alloys, DVD playback, keyless start for 19K increase in price over the Active

Last edited by SchumiFan : 15th June 2015 at 10:30.
Old 15th June 2015, 20:47   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post

So I have the same question - What REALLY made Hyundai contemplate of launching this new variant given that they are not able to meet the fantastic demands of the Elite i20 itself?

Simple sir. Kill the competition and make sure the customer does not walk out of the showroom and go buy an etios cross or the avventura. I cannot comprehend any other reason.
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 18:20   #89
Senior - BHPian

Ive seen a few of these over the last couple of weeks and it is indeed a good looking car, probably the best of all the crossovers.
The regular i20 is not to be seen in significant numbers but I guess its selling well ?
Old 17th June 2015, 23:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Speculations are Hyundai i20 Active to get 1.4 petrol and automatic gearbox.
Petrol+SUV+4-speed AT? This will be dead even before it is born. Who will buy this car? BTW, let us forget this AT/MT thing for a while. With ix25's impending launch, who would buy i20 Active? This falls neither here nor there. Hatch buyers would go fro elite i20 and SUV lovers would head for ix25. Where does that leave i20 Active? Even otherwise this segment does not make much sense to me. Dusters/Terranos/Ecosports are already mini-SUVs. Do we need mini-minSUVs like i20 Active? I hardly see any Etios cross, Polo cross, Fiat Ventura in my city. I think this is one segment no one needs.

Most Viewed