Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 00:27   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Petrol+SUV+4-speed AT? This will be dead even before it is born. Who will buy this car? BTW, let us forget this AT/MT thing for a while. With ix25's impending launch, who would buy i20 Active? This falls neither here nor there. Hatch buyers would go fro elite i20 and SUV lovers would head for ix25. Where does that leave i20 Active? Even otherwise this segment does not make much sense to me. Dusters/Terranos/Ecosports are already mini-SUVs. Do we need mini-minSUVs like i20 Active? I hardly see any Etios cross, Polo cross, Fiat Ventura in my city. I think this is one segment no one needs.
Sir, I totally agree with you - Petrol + 4 speed AT is a pre-historic combination and will be a still-born baby. However, i20 Active will have its own bit of customers even if Creta is launched. There will be 2 kind of buyers who will opt for it.
  • People who like the Elite i20, but want a bit of exclusivity - Elite sells over 10k pieces every month and has become a pretty common car. Also many love the extra features on offer in i20 Active - like the projectors, DRLs and roof-rails. Not all are comfortable getting after-market fitments like these. OE features are preferred and they will look at i20 Active as a serious option.
  • People who want a fully loaded CUV with all bells and whistles, but do not have budget to afford the top end Creta or S-Cross or Duster. They can buy the top-end i20 Active at ~3-4 lakhs lesser. At the same price, they may only get the base-version of Creta. In fact, those are the people who buy the Ecosport as well, correct??

What I do not understand is people who go for the base version of i20 Actiive - to me, that is what does not make ANY sense.
Old 19th June 2015, 18:19   #92
BHPian

Friends, visited Trident Hyundai, Bangalore to check out the i20 Active. The car looks well built and well loaded too. The plastics and seat material quality, etc were very good.

At the time I was in the showroom, a delivery of White i20 Active was happening. Could not see the variant though. One interesting thing I came across in the car was - Black dashboard with Orange elements. But the gear-lever did not have the orange color, it was the normal one. Now, wasn't the White and Silver Actives supposed to get the blue dashboard? Did Hyundai change it based on customer feedback??

Now, I asked the Sales guy about this and got some stupid responses as follows - "Sir, this car was booked in March / April - all cars booked in that period get black dashboard. The ones booked after that will get blue dashboard". "Actually sir, i20 Active has 3 dashboard color options - Orange, Blue and Black". When I repeatedly asked if he is sure the new ones will get blue dashboard he said "Mostly sir. But sir, for the new ones, we never know what will come. Some come in black and some come in blue".

I had no option but to say Thank You and come.

Now, I am wondering if the buyer has an option to choose the dashboard color or if Hyundai has stopped the Blue one altogether. If stopped, I think it is a welcome move!!!

Last edited by Vigkey : 19th June 2015 at 18:21.
Old 19th June 2015, 18:34   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Now, I am wondering if the buyer has an option to choose the dashboard color or if Hyundai has stopped the Blue one altogether. If stopped, I think it is a welcome move!!!
I am not sure whether the buyer can choose the dashboard color or not but AFAIK,the Polar white comes both in Tangerine Orange as well as in Aqua Blue irrespective of the variants.

These are the dashboard / interior color options based on the exterior color :

Tangerine Orange - Earth Brown, Red Passion, Phantom Black, Retro Shine and Polar White.
Aqua Blue - Sleek Silver and Polar White.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 19th June 2015 at 18:37.
Grand Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 23:16   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Tangerine Orange - Earth Brown, Red Passion, Phantom Black, Retro Shine and Polar White
Didn't know that Polar white had Tangerine Orange interior option also. I wish the salesperson knew this and conveyed the same to me. Thanks for the clarification Grand Drive.
Old 28th July 2015, 12:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

my F-I-L is contemplating buying an elite i20 sportz (O) petrol.
Looking at the trim levels, the Sportz(O) has alloys & keyless start mainly over the Sportz

I'm thinking of asking him to get the Sports + alloys seperately, as there is a 50K gap between the sportz & Sportz(O) or get an active S for 35K more (Projectors + the SUV look)
Am I missing something here ?
Old 20th August 2015, 17:26   #96
MSC
BHPian

The I20 Active is best looking cross in current scenario. A ground clearance of 190 mm is more than enough to tackle our urban jungle.
But the bluish dashboard and upholstery looks somewhat wierd. The orange highlighted dash looks a bit better.
Old 21st August 2015, 23:14   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

The new touchscreen AVN system in the i20 Active SX.

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-1.jpg

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-2.jpg

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-3.jpg

Same unit is also offered in the Elite i20 Asta (O) variant.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 23:21   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The new touchscreen AVN system in the i20 Active SX.
Same unit is also offered in the Elite i20 Asta (O) variant.
I could see that CD playback is not present in the new AVN system. Is the new system still equipped with 1 GB internal storage ?
Old 21st August 2015, 23:46   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
I could see that CD playback is not present in the new AVN system. Is the new system still equipped with 1 GB internal storage ?
Nope. The AVN unit doesn't come with 1 GB internal memory.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 17:38   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
My cousin got his i20 Active (Petrol) delivered last month. The spare wheel indeed is an alloy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
The variant which I am talking about is 1.2 S where spare is also an alloy. I guess this is the top end version in Petrol.
Hi Guys,

My first post on this forum.

We had taken delivery of i20 Active 1.2 S on July 24th. To my surprise, The spare wheel was not an alloy . I enquired the same with dealer and they told the spare wheel does not come as alloy.
Later I raised this issue with Hyundai CC and even the customer care executive confirmed spare wheel is not alloy!
Below is the communication from Hyundai regarding this.

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for writing to Hyundai.

This is with reference to your query regarding spare alloy wheels for Active i20.

We really understand your concern, but sorry to inform you that we are not providing Spare alloy wheels for Active i20

This is already mentioned in the brochure of i20 & Steel wheel is standard across all variants of Hyundai i20

For any further clarifications, Please feel free to contact, We are happy to help you.
I'm really confused at this point. What am I missing ?
Old 4th September 2015, 02:37   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammedsalimp View Post
We had taken delivery of i20 Active 1.2 S on July 24th. To my surprise, The spare wheel was not an alloy.
I took the delivery of white i20 Active SX with AVN on 21st Aug. I too was always under the impression that the spare wheel is an alloy. I was perplexed to see the steel wheel in the boot when I visited the stockyard to check out my ride once before the delivery. Upon enquiring, the SA told me that only the first 100 cars came with an alloy spare wheel.
Raonick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 17:22   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonick View Post
Upon enquiring, the SA told me that only the first 100 cars came with an alloy spare wheel.
So that was the source for confusion. Thanks for clarifying.

Neither my SA nor the Hyundai CC bothered to inform me about this. Maybe they were not aware of this.
Old 16th November 2015, 12:27   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonick View Post
I took the delivery of white i20 Active SX with AVN on 21st Aug. I too was always under the impression that the spare wheel is an alloy. I was perplexed to see the steel wheel in the boot when I visited the stockyard to check out my ride once before the delivery. Upon enquiring, the SA told me that only the first 100 cars came with an alloy spare wheel.
Hi,
Is it a Petrol that you bought. I like Active however not sure if the petrol 1.2 engine will be a good option. Any advise?
Old 16th November 2015, 13:00   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroads View Post
Hi,
Is it a Petrol that you bought. I like Active however not sure if the petrol 1.2 engine will be a good option. Any advise?
The 1.2 petrol is a commuter engine, that will do the job of travelling from point A to B, its not exciting to drive in city nor is it an able highway cruiser, If budget is not a constraint and you have enough travelling to justify the diesel premium, then go for diesel. If you insist on petrol, there are better options, even in a segment lower.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 13:30   #105
J.Ravi

Yesterday, I had TD of i20 1.4 CRDi diesel Elite Asta and Active SX back-to-back at Blue Hyundai, Mysore Road. I drove on Mysore Road and took U turn just before Kengeri for both TD. While I liked both, Active overtook Elite because of its fun-to-drive factor, perhaps due to different mapping. The enhanced ground clearance of 190 mm of the latter did not make any difference to me. The alloy wheels of the latter were also very attractive, just like Punto Evo's. The latter had double horns, twin 12V power sockets, big, round front fog lamps, DRL, LED parking lamps, aluminium pedals, etc. The doors of both closed with a thud unlike Aspire. The fit and finish of both were very good unlike Aspire and Zest. So far, I TD Zest, Aspire, Elite and Active in the recent months. I say, Active SX diesel is the best of all, IMO.

After TD, as I was discussing with the sales executive, I was told that I should take insurance from them only, for which I did not agree. As per Blue Hyundai's price list, insurance costs ₹ 34,470 for Active SX DSL, whereas, my friend has quoted ₹ 16,400 without nil depreciation and ₹ 19,648 with nil depreciation. No amount of reasoning would make them budge. They said it was company's policy, my foot! I thanked them for the selfie stick that I got for TD and walked out.

Today, I called Trident Hyundai, Sankey Road, and they readily agreed for our own insurance. So, mostly, Trident Hyundai may bag our booking.
  (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks