Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2016, 10:35   #166

Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
If that is true, I am happy with my booking, as I have been having afterthoughts regularly regarding my choice of the i20 (active/elite in general) over the baleno mostly related to FE in city.
Yes. Now our i20 Active has crossed 10K kms and FE is consistent as mentioned in my previous post. Wishing you a pleasant buying experience!
Old 14th November 2016, 14:02   #167
BHPian

The car has arrived, payment formalities completed, car will be going for registration tomorrow. Hoping to bring her home in the weekend. I shall update the thread further once she is home. I wanted to know, has any of the owners put a seat cover? The accessory sales guy was trying to sell me seat covers. But the original ones look too good. What is the durability of the original seats?
Old 14th November 2016, 20:36   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
The car has arrived
Which dealer? My sister has booked the diesel as well, so wanted to know as to how the deal went.
Old 14th November 2016, 22:03   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Which dealer? My sister has booked the diesel as well, so wanted to know as to how the deal went.
Mohan Motor Hyundai APC road near shyambazar
Booking experience was more or less event less because someone in the dealership was a close friend of my brother in-law. As far as the deal went, sadly I wasn't offered much. My previous car was given a good value, higher than market value. Thats it. My knowing an insider helped just till that point. In fact, now I am regretting not having bargained hard.
Day before yesterday I completed all payment procedures, and asked the known guy about accessories that I would be getting free. He just flatly denied promising me anything free. So, there you see the well known fact that till you have not made complete payment, the deal is in your hand, once everything is done, all beneficiary powers of the customers seize to exist. Anyways I don't have too much to complain, just that honoring a verbal promise gives a feel good factor. Maybe I will write about this in the feedback section.
I must mention something, maybe they try to do it with everyone, they tried to make me fill up the feedback form right at the time of booking. The form was delivery feedback. When I said why should I fill up the feedback form when I haven't taken delivery, they immediately understood their foulplay was caught, and asked me to just ignore it and fill it up at the time of delivery. I don't know if they will fake my sign on it and put up their own feedback.

I got a call from Hyundai regarding feedback, I told them, I am yet to receive the car, they said they would call me once I have taken delivery. Overall, I am not very happy with the dealership experience. Just that I got a fair exchange value for my old car.

Last edited by arpanjha : 14th November 2016 at 22:04.
Old 27th November 2016, 10:22   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
You can change startup volume in the settings menu.
There is no option of setting startup volume in the settings menu.
Old 30th November 2016, 18:03   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
There is no option of setting startup volume in the settings menu.
The option is very much there but for some reason it isn't working. I'm certain that it used to work, probably up to when the HU was last updated by the service centre.

I hope and wish Hyundai sorts this unit once and for all.

Will get the unit and maps updated on my next visit for the 20k service.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-1480508907921.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-1480508923950.jpg  

harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:27   #172
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need some confirmation.
My car had to be taken to the service centre as there was a problem of rats biting the wires of the sensors near the cylinder head and check engine light turned on.
Now after the clearing of the error codes, I have 2 problems

1) There is no temperature display in the MID.If I remember correctly it used to display the temperature previously.
Can someone please confirm if you have the temperature display available in your car ?

2)It seems that the Automatic Climate Control is not working properly.
The Light on the AC button (Blue) used to stop glowing after sometime, which I think was when the car achieved the preset temperature, now it is glowing continuously.
Can you please confirm if that is how it works in your car too ?

I think I will need to visit ASS but need confirmation before or is there a way to do it by yourself.

Regards,
Nitin
Old 14th February 2017, 13:42   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
Hi Guys,

1) There is no temperature display in the MID.If I remember correctly it used to display the temperature previously.
Can someone please confirm if you have the temperature display available in your car ?

2)It seems that the Automatic Climate Control is not working properly.
The Light on the AC button (Blue) used to stop glowing after sometime, which I think was when the car achieved the preset temperature, now it is glowing continuously.

Regards,
Nitin
If you are referring to the outside temperature display, yes it is very much present in the MID.

As regards the A/C, I will let others give their input as I have never used the 'Auto' feature on the same!
Old 15th February 2017, 16:13   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
I have never seen blue light in the A/C button going off. It was always on; and its logical too in my opinion.
As a user, you know you have switched on A/c with the blue light indicator. The auto cut-off of compressor when temperature is achieved or turn-on compressor when cooling required is internal to the system; you (user) need not be notified if the compressor is running or not. So always-on blue indicator is fine.

Edit: Do you mean the air circulator indicator (fresh air or recycle air)? I have seen this going off automatically after the set temperature is reached and it turns to "fresh air" mode (blue indicator off).

Last edited by iamswift : 15th February 2017 at 16:16.
Old 15th February 2017, 16:28   #175
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Thanks for replies, I got to check it this morning, the blue light does in fact turns off once the preset temperature is reached and turns back on once it increased/decreased.

The ambient temperature display is still missing need to visit the service centre.

Regards,
Nitin
Old 5th June 2017, 12:51   #176
BHPian

Hi friends,

I want a car, that's:
- Well-equipped(read all possible bells & whistles)
- Has decent low and mid-range performance, as I will be driving it sanely at speeds under 100. I am not concerned with how the car performs at 120-140 kmph.
- Doesn't have a big-boot that would be used only during 5% of my drives
- Offers decent fuel-efficiency
- Excellent build-quality, fit and finish
- Has a decent GC, above 180mm
- Costs around 12-13 lacs

Torn between S-Cross 1.3 Alpha and i20 Active 1.4 SX (Ford Ecosport was there in the list as well but got removed, as its top-end version doesn't come well-equipped in its current form). Both cars will end up costing me the same, post all discounts(there are none on i20 Active) here in Pune.

I appreciate the following facts related to these cars:
- They are a segment apart: This doesn't bother me as my space-requirements are fulfilled by i20 Active as well.
- Hyundai charges a premium for their cars, perhaps a bit more than what Maruti is charging under the NEXA brand.
- i20 Diesel has a decent low-end torque and class-leading NVH-levels.
- S-Cross 1.3 tries to strike the right balance, but gets trumped by i20 Active's CRDi engine at rpms below 1750.

Had a few questions for i20 Active owners that may help me decide:
- Is the premium I am paying for i20 Active really worth it, considering the fact that it's a smaller car and falls in a segment below S-Cross?
- Average expected Fuel-efficiency(I have heard it's practically much lower than ARAI-claimed mileage)
- Any A.S.S. challenges faced with Hyundai (typical tactics to extract money)
- Any challenges overtaking the vehicles running around 60-80 kmph average speed
- Any other suggestions with respect to these cars.

I have already considered and dropped other cars from VW, Renault, Nissan so not really willing to make any additions to this list

Cheers,

Last edited by torquehead : 5th June 2017 at 13:13. Reason: Typos corrected
Old 5th June 2017, 13:52   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Had a few questions for i20 Active owners that may help me decide:
- Is the premium I am paying for i20 Active really worth it, considering the fact that it's a smaller car and falls in a segment below S-Cross?
- Average expected Fuel-efficiency(I have heard it's practically much lower than ARAI-claimed mileage)
- Any A.S.S. challenges faced with Hyundai (typical tactics to extract money)
- Any challenges overtaking the vehicles running around 60-80 kmph average speed
- Any other suggestions with respect to these cars.
I get around 16 km/l in the city. Haven't bothered checking on the highway yet.

Overtaking is a breeze if you're in the appropriate/correct RPM band. The way I drive, there's zero turbo-lag.

What seems challenging is getting Active specific spare parts if something goes wrong. My claim towards denting and painting of the front driver's side door was approved two weeks ago by HDFC Ergo but H.A.A.S is still unable to source the footboard's side skirting strip.

Very disappointing to be driving around with an unsightly gash on the door and an OVRM that makes screeching noises when it opens and closes.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 18:27   #178
BHPian

Quote:
I get around 16 km/l in the city. Haven't bothered checking on the highway yet.

Overtaking is a breeze if you're in the appropriate/correct RPM band. The way I drive, there's zero turbo-lag.
I had a similar view. Your comment confirmed it, thanks.

Quote:

What seems challenging is getting Active specific spare parts if something goes wrong. My claim towards denting and painting of the front driver's side door was approved two weeks ago by HDFC Ergo but H.A.A.S is still unable to source the footboard's side skirting strip.

Very disappointing to be driving around with an unsightly gash on the door and an OVRM that makes screeching noises when it opens and closes.
This is interesting and perhaps a mixed bag. Considering that i20 Active is quite similar to its other sibling elite i20, there may some sharing of parts with optimal availability at the workshops since elite i20 has been doing good numbers for Hyundai. On the flip side, parts exclusive to i20 active may not be available in current stock with the workshops, as this car has not been a runaway success owing to its super-premium pricing over elite i20.

Unfortunately, the i20 figures are clubbed and reported together with no split available to justify this point.
Old 5th June 2017, 20:47   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
I had a similar view. Your comment confirmed it, thanks.

This is interesting and perhaps a mixed bag. Considering that i20 Active is quite similar to its other sibling elite i20, there may some sharing of parts with optimal availability at the workshops since elite i20 has been doing good numbers for Hyundai. On the flip side, parts exclusive to i20 active may not be available in current stock with the workshops, as this car has not been a runaway success owing to its super-premium pricing over elite i20.

Unfortunately, the i20 figures are clubbed and reported together with no split available to justify this point.
Other than the increased ground clearance, plastic cladding and roof rails, there's no difference between the Active and Elite. Worth plonking the premium only if the cosmetic differences in your opinion are worth the extra cash.

The foot board runner strip IMO though a sparsely demanded part, it should at least be readily available at their Chennai facility.
Old 5th June 2017, 22:51   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Other than the increased ground clearance, plastic cladding and roof rails, there's no difference between the Active and Elite. Worth plonking the premium only if the cosmetic differences in your opinion are worth the extra cash.
Ok, so
- The talk of 11% performance increase with improved gear-ratios is just their marketing gimmick?
- Does one sit higher in i20 active as compared to elite i20?

Quote:
The foot board runner strip IMO though a sparsely demanded part, it should at least be readily available at their Chennai facility.
I agree. The least we would expect from Hyundai & Maruti for their so-called premium offerings.

Most Viewed