Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2017, 01:29   #181
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Ok, so
- The talk of 11% performance increase with improved gear-ratios is just their marketing gimmick?
- Does one sit higher in i20 active as compared to elite i20?
In all probability it isn't but having not driven an Elite as extensively, not in a position to comment. Did feel a slight difference during the test drives from what I remember.

Drive both and check..

It's just a 2 cm difference but was instantly felt by an acquaintance that drives the Asta.

Last edited by harsh79 : 6th June 2017 at 01:30.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 20:57   #182
Senior - BHPian

Today I almost finalized on i20 Active petrol, but multiple reviews on FE pushed me to cancel my decision. The salesperson said the FE is 15 KMPL with AC in city. But how can a 1.4 tonne car with 1.2 liter engine give this number with AC on? Reviews give pretty bad picture. None of the reviews talk about more than 10-11KMPL.
Coming to my question. Is it worth to spend 9lacs odd on i20 Active S petrol variant? This car may not be driven on daily basis and sometimes even weekly basis from my side. Monthly run will be hardly 200KM on average.
I was thinking on new upcoming Swift but got fascinated by the looks of i20 Active. Any help is highly appreciated since going for i20 diesel variant is illogical.
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:02   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Today I almost finalized on i20 Active petrol, but multiple reviews on FE pushed me to cancel my decision. The salesperson said the FE is 15 KMPL with AC in city. But how can a 1.4 tonne car with 1.2 liter engine give this number with AC on? Reviews give pretty bad picture. None of the reviews talk about more than 10-11KMPL.
Coming to my question. Is it worth to spend 9lacs odd on i20 Active S petrol variant? .
15 kmpl ? Not at all possible, infact 13 kmpl will be hard to get.

I have Diesel i20 & I get 12 kmpl with AC. My Tiago Diesel returns 14.5 kmpl with AC.

S Variant is decently packed with features, but for less money, you can get Baleno Alpha which is way better & much more spacious. I would get that instead of this i20 Petrol. Just my opinion.

If you need any clarification regarding both i20 & Baleno, PM me.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 09:29   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to my question. Is it worth to spend 9lacs odd on i20 Active S petrol variant? This car may not be driven on daily basis and sometimes even weekly basis from my side. Monthly run will be hardly 200KM on average.
I was thinking on new upcoming Swift but got fascinated by the looks of i20 Active. Any help is highly appreciated since going for i20 diesel variant is illogical.
I am presently driving an i20 Active S petrol, bought in November 2016, and as per FE is concerned, 15 with ac is a stretch, although you can reach that figure on highway cruising without much spirited driving, 11-12 is a realistic figure which I have been getting more or less in busy city traffic with the AC on and sedate driving. It's a good car, spacious and better planted on the road compared to baleno. But the baleno offers you a better ICE with apple car play and Android auto supported HU which I sorely miss on my i20, not sure if the present generation i20 SX is coming with it or not.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:52   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
It's a good car, spacious and better planted on the road compared to baleno. But the baleno offers you a better ICE with apple car play and Android auto supported HU which I sorely miss on my i20, not sure if the present generation i20 SX is coming with it or not.
Indeed it is a very good car and was about to finalize the deal on Sunday. I am not going to take it on highways much since it is mainly for my wife. I have an ertiga for a real long distance drives.
I am not a fan for hi-fi features since that will be seldom used. I am looking for a stable and solid car, 90% for city and sometimes on highways. I am again (that's what is going on for some time now) confused on selection for a proper car for my wife. Driving a Santro for last 4+ years and was looking to upgrade to another bigger Hyundai. i20 elite is ruled out due to low GC for Bangalore.
Old 25th July 2017, 12:07   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Driving a Santro for last 4+ years and was looking to upgrade to another bigger Hyundai. i20 elite is ruled out due to low GC for Bangalore.
If ground clearance is your criteria then you can indeed look forward to it, since it is significantly better than both the elite and the baleno, solid and quite stable too.
Old 29th September 2017, 14:27   #187
BHPian

I have a 2016 I20 Active SX(O) CRDI, I have a question hope someone here could answer.

If I get in the car(with key in my pocket) turn on the engine and then get out of the car, I can see the warning key not in vehicle on the MID, but the car still keeps running, I have waited for a couple of minutes outside but the car didn't turn off.
The question is say if I get out of the car with key in my pocked leaving the car running and someone else gets in the car and starts driving away will the car turn off ?

Thanks in advance.

Nitin
Old 29th September 2017, 19:43   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
The question is say if I get out of the car with key in my pocked leaving the car running and someone else gets in the car and starts driving away will the car turn off ?
Don't know if this helps. A particular incident happened recently with one of my colleagues. The car in this case was Grand i10 Asta Crdi.

My colleague managed to forget the car key in his pockets, while his wife could manage to drive the car to her office parking lot (about 500m from where my colleague got down), only to realize that she doesn't have the key to lock the car after switching off the engine
Old 30th September 2017, 01:03   #189
BHPian

Has anyone in the forum bought the i20 Active recently. I used to assume that ICE on i20 Elite and Active were same, but found the below difference on the webstie

i20 Elite
Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-screen-shot-20170930-12.46.55-am.png

i20 Active
Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-screen-shot-20170930-12.49.09-am.png

The difference is the smartphone connectivity feature. i20 Elite mentions Android Auto and MirrorLink while i20 Active mention only CarPlay. I would like to think of this as an oversight, and the page has not been updated, because all Hyundai touchscreen systems have both CarPlay and Android Auto.

But if there is someone who has the vehicle and can clarify, it would be great. The test drive vehicle is the older variant unfortunately, so I can't confirm before booking.
Old 30th September 2017, 02:33   #190
BHPian

Quote:
if I get out of the car with key in my pocked leaving the car running and someone else gets in the car and starts driving away will the car turn off ?

Thanks in advance.

Nitin
As many cars as I've seen, with keyless entry, the car won't ever switch off on its own if you take the key outside. Even if you think of it , logically, if a car has a setting to turn off by itself in any situation, it could lead to a very unsafe and also lethal scenario. So that can't be. But yes, once you turn it off, it won't start without the key again. And in some cars you can't even lock it without the fob.

Hope this helps.
Old 30th September 2017, 03:08   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Has anyone in the forum bought the i20 Active recently. I used to assume that ICE on i20 Elite and Active were same, but found the below difference on the webstie

The difference is the smartphone connectivity feature. i20 Elite mentions Android Auto and MirrorLink while i20 Active mention only CarPlay. I would like to think of this as an oversight, and the page has not been updated, because all Hyundai touchscreen systems have both CarPlay and Android Auto.

But if there is someone who has the vehicle and can clarify, it would be great. The test drive vehicle is the older variant unfortunately, so I can't confirm before booking.
The i20 Active has the same system with Mirrorlink, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Recently (less than 2 month back), the S model was updated with the AVN system too, earlier it used to have the standard music player.

I presume they have missed it on the spec list, but it is also listed in the feature gallery on the website.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-capture.png  

ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:40   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
As many cars as I've seen, with keyless entry, the car won't ever switch off on its own if you take the key outside. Even if you think of it , logically, if a car has a setting to turn off by itself in any situation, it could lead to a very unsafe and also lethal scenario. So that can't be. But yes, once you turn it off, it won't start without the key again. And in some cars you can't even lock it without the fob.

Hope this helps.
Makes sense, Still I feel uneasy that my car can be driven away without the key. Then again you have to be cautious and careful while driving/travelling in you car
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:45   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense, Still I feel uneasy that my car can be driven away without the key. Then again you have to be cautious and careful while driving/travelling in you car
Well, the more convenience we get the more conveniently we tend to forget! Actually it may be the reverse of convenience for some because they have one more critical thing to remember!!

Actually I was never a fan of this keyless idea. For me it's just a needless gimmick. No real use except making one more lazy person. But that's me.

I feel it's more technical if the fob has at least a slot to wedge it in for safe keeping as well as in order to start the car. One less thing to think of. I think that would have been smarter. I think the new Renault Captur has it like that. Also some Merc's have this provision, I think.

Tip: Be careful when you hand over your car to a valet. Sometimes when going home if they forget to hand you the fob, you'll end up reaching home without your key!
Old 4th October 2017, 09:31   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Well, the more convenience we get the more conveniently we tend to forget!
=========
Sometimes when going home if they forget to hand you the fob, you'll end up reaching home without your key!
Even I am not a big fan of key less technology, it's convenient agreed but again how much effort would putting in a key and turning it take.

Also every time I push the Start/Stop button it takes it own sweet time to start up the car, I can't help but wonder if this delay can be critical in an emergency situation, I always feel I can start and drive away my car quicker with a key
Old 27th October 2017, 15:12   #195
BHPian

I need an advise, I had a puncture in my front right wheel, drove without air as couldn't feel anything. Resulted in some 6 punctures including a sidewall puncture.

I am thinking of putting a tube in that tyre and using as a spare or should I replace it (the tyres have done around 18K and are Apollo Alnacs).

The question I have is that I will be using a new tyre (spare) with 3 old tires, will it lead to any problem in handling.

I am thinking of bringing both the rear tyres to the front as both have same wear and tear and use a new and old tire at the rear.

What do you all suggest ?

Most Viewed