Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2017, 16:34   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
I am thinking of putting a tube in that tyre and using as a spare or should I replace it (the tyres have done around 18K and are Apollo Alnacs).
My advice is not to put a tube inside this tyre. If I understand correctly the way tubeless tyres work is quite different than tube. Also the number of punctures are too high for you, better not risk anything. If you are OK go for identical new tyre and put the other OK front tyre as spare. Move your current rear tyres to front and put the new tyre and your new spare as rear. During service ask the service person not to rotate them. I always do that and it helps to replace only front tyres after whopping 60K+ kms. Then I will move rears to front and two new as rears. Rotation will make more wear and tear for all the tyres. I go for only wheel balancing and not rotation.

Quote:
The question I have is that I will be using a new tyre (spare) with 3 old tires, will it lead to any problem in handling.
No problem at all. I have done it on my last two cars . You will not feel any difference also. But it will be a good idea to make sure your spare tyre is balanced with weights since it is not used for long.

Quote:
I am thinking of bringing both the rear tyres to the front as both have same wear and tear and use a new and old tire at the rear.
As explained above and since these are FWD cars, the main weight is on front two tyres and hence the damage in more there (unless you always travel with 3-4 adults all the times).

Last edited by rajivtelang : 27th October 2017 at 16:43.
Old 27th October 2017, 16:58   #197
BHPian

Quote:
I need an advise, I had a puncture in my front right wheel, drove without air as couldn't feel anything. Resulted in some 6 punctures including a sidewall puncture.

I am thinking of putting a tube in that tyre and using as a spare or should I replace it (the tyres have done around 18K and are Apollo Alnacs).

The question I have is that I will be using a new tyre (spare) with 3 old tires, will it lead to any problem in handling.

I am thinking of bringing both the rear tyres to the front as both have same wear and tear and use a new and old tire at the rear.

What do you all suggest ?
Can you post some photos? A sidewall damage is quite serious and renders the tire unsafe for future use, suggest you to replace the tire.

You will never know when the spare tire needs to be used and you don't want a side wall ruptured tire acting as your spare.

What is the remaining tread depth on the 3 old tires. I would be inclined to change to 2 new instead of 1 new and i will put the 2 new ones in the rear.

Talking about tire rotation, it is generally a good and recommended practice at least every 7500 or 10000 kms.
The Observer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 10:32   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
My advice is not to put a tube inside this tyre. If I understand correctly the way tubeless tyres work is quite different than tube. Also the number of punctures are too high for you, better not risk anything. If you are OK go for identical new tyre and put the other OK front tyre as spare.
I have put in tubes inside tubeless tyres on my old 2-wheeler, the TVS Wego. I had to do this because the wheel rim was bent and a new one was very expensive. No problems whatsoever!
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:35   #199
BHPian

Here are the pics. I finally had changed the tyre didn't feel comfortable taking a chance of being stuck with an unreliable tire in case of emergency.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-pic1.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-pic2.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-pic3.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-pic4.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Active: A Close Look-pic5.jpg  

Old 17th November 2017, 13:40   #200
BHPian

Has anyone tried to get wheel alignment/balancing done from outside of ASS, especially in Bengaluru ?

I read somewhere that the steering wheel angle sensor needs to be reset for the process to successfully complete. Does it need to be done before or after the balancing/alignment is done.

Is there a place I can get step by step process for getting the wheel alignment/balancing done including the steering wheel angle resetting ?
Old 11th December 2017, 19:05   #201
BHPian

Hello

My dad is in the market for a hatchback. He had completely made up his mind for Elite i20 Asta.

The showroom guys, however, convinced him for Active i20 S instead. He tried the car, and is mighty impressed with it.

Asked me for opinions. A quick comparison told me below are the extras we get in i20 Active S
  1. Projector Headlamps
  2. Alloy Wheels
  3. Better Ground Clearance
Rest everything is purely cosmetic, and to be honest, I'm not really impressed by it.

Downsides is that Active S has manual AC compared to ACC in Elite Asta.

Price differential between Elite Asta and Active S is approx. Rs. 60,000/-

Just wanted to hear from you guys if Active offers anything better than Elite? Why should one prefer Active to Elite?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
AD
Old 12th December 2017, 08:12   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwaryadeep View Post
Just wanted to hear from you guys if Active offers anything better than Elite? Why should one prefer Active to Elite?
As you yourself have rightly pointed out, differences are purely cosmetic and a couple of features at best (like the ORVMs unfolding on sensing the key in my SX). Apart from an increased ground clearance, Active i20 does not offer anything extra in terms of functionality.

Hope this helps.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 11:18   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
...like the ORVMs unfolding on sensing the key in my SX....
Oh! So this is the"Welcome Function" that the brochures talk about? I hope there is an option to override this. I wouldn't want the ORVMs opening on their own and brushing against the wall if I have parked in a really tight space.

We are anyway looking for 'S' Petrol. So won't have this feature.

Quote:
Hope this helps.
Yes, it helps! Thank you!

It's just that I had never considered i20 Active as a potential buy. So when dad suggested it, I simply assumed it to be his simpleton self getting convinced by sales talk.

I read/ watched some reviews about the car last night. Turns out it really is a good buy, provided you're okay shelling out that extra moolah for cosmetic changes.

So i20 Active S Petrol it is!

One question though - can anyone help me understand which interior color combination is offered with which exterior shade? We wanted Silver color, but turns out Silver is only offered with Blue interior, which I don't like.

Next option is White. Dealership says White comes with 'Black with Orange inserts' interiors, but they don't have any car available to confirm that.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!
Old 12th December 2017, 11:58   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One question though - can anyone help me understand which interior color combination is offered with which exterior shade? We wanted Silver color, but turns out Silver is only offered with Blue interior, which I don't like.

Next option is White. Dealership says White comes with 'Black with Orange inserts' interiors, but they don't have any car available to confirm that.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!
Dark coloured exteriors have the black and orange interiors. e.g. brown/black/red exteriors have that. Silver shade has blue interiors. Not sure about white. Please check the brochure if it provides that info.

As matter of fact i20 active was really active on my next car list until my wife and parents ruled it out due to low back seats and bit difficulty for getting in/out to rear seats. We had almost finalized on brown shade S variant as well. But it is a very good car indeed.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 12:32   #205
BHPian

Hi, Just venting my frustration.

Several features that I got in my early i20 Asta are simply removed
Automatic Headlamps - removed
Key Less Entry - Smart Key - removed
Height Adjustable Seat Belt - Driver & Passenger - removed
Chrome Outside Door Handles - removed
Alloy Wheels (Diamond cut) - removed
instead they give Stylish Steel Wheel on ASTA
Leather-wrapped Gear Knob - removed
Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel - removed
Steering position reminder - removed
Service reminder - removed
Parking sensor display - removed
Auto unlock function - removed
IC Light adjustment (Rheostat) - removed
60:40 split - removed
Power Windows: Auto Up-Down (Driver only) - removed
Power Windows : Pinch Guard (Driver only) - removed
Rear Wiper & Washer - removed ��
Luggage Lamp - removed
Outside Mirrors - Welcome Function removed

You might have discussed the above already in older posts.

Also I find that several cars, especially Hyundai Verna recently have integrated headrests upto even the top variant (here Asta) and on the top optional variant (asta optional), Hyundai packs all premium features and in some cars very important features too which for me are basic ones (like the rear washer wiper). Doesn't a top variant deserve Alloy wheels of decent kind, or is Asta not a top variant? Why call an OPTIONAL package as top variant? Why optional packages have so many important features?

I just hate these so called integrated head rests, they are not at all useful, let alone ergonomic, but simply a visual / aesthetic disaster in the cabin.

I believe at least Manufacturers should retain features for that variant as it is, even if they hike prices for the same variant but degrading a variants features (same time increasing the prices), appears to me equivalently cunningly deceiving customers. I totally against this practice from Hyundai and now seriously thinking for going for equivalents of other brands or simply upgrade to higher segment for same price. I may lose some features but do not wish to go for deceptive customers.

regards,
Rajesh
Old 12th December 2017, 12:46   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I believe at least Manufacturers should retain features for that variant as it is, even if they hike prices for the same variant but degrading a variants features (same time increasing the prices), appears to me equivalently cunningly deceiving customers. I totally against this practice from Hyundai and now seriously thinking for going for equivalents of other brands or simply upgrade to higher segment for same price. I may lose some features but do not wish to go for deceptive customers.
Looks like i20 actives are the real top end i20s but you need to shell almost a lakh over i20 elites.
Old 12th December 2017, 13:01   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Rear Wiper & Washer - removed ��
Completely agree. They've removed many essential features from Asta.

Interesting thing about 'Rear Wiper and Washer'. Hyundai mentions 'Rear Defogger' as a Safety feature, but 'Rear Wiper and Washer' as a Convenience & Comfort feature.

Cannot understand how rear wiper is not for safety but for comfort! In my opinion, they didn't want to show a safety feature missing in top end variant, and that's why moved this feature from Safety to Convenience & Comfort.

Deceptive much!?
aishwaryadeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 12:46   #208
BHPian

Need help guys.

Booked the i20 Active S Petrol yesterday. Delivery expected in 10 days!

Got a message from Hyundai today on an extra "VIN Discount" of 10,000.

Called up the dealership to find out what this is. I assumed it to be some extra discount, but they said this is already adjusted in "Exchange Bonus" for my old car.

They had never mentioned about this earlier.

I'm just wondering what this "VIN Discount" is.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks!
Old 25th December 2017, 21:40   #209
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need a confirmation, it seems the blue illumination for the orvm adjustment switches the one to open/close the mirrors as well as the joystick like thing to adjust the mirror is not working I just noticed it while going for a ride. Not sure if it is illuminated or not by default. It definitely feels odd the other than mirror adjustment everything else in my car has a blue illumination.
Just want to be sure planing to visit the ASC tomorrow.

Thanks
Nitin
Old 25th December 2017, 22:41   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Need help guys.
I'm just wondering what this "VIN Discount" is.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks!
There was an additional 10k discount on models with AVN (audio and visual navigation - touchscreen display in simple language). Do check it up if the same has been applied properly in your case.
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks