Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 11:02   #1
Team-BHP Support

Rumour: Ranjit Yadav resigns from Tata Motors

Ranjit Yadav, who had joined Tata Motors as President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit in 2012, is believed to have resigned.

Ranjit Yadav was brought into Tata Motors by the company's then Managing Director, the late Karl Slym to help in turning the fortunes of the company around. Along with Slym, he was responsible for charting out the company's strategy. However, Tata Motors continued to slide down the charts and fell from the third position that it held in the market. Reports suggest that the company's management was unhappy with Yadav's performance.

Tata Motors moved Yadav to head of international car markets in September last year. The company hired Mayank Pareek from Maruti Suzuki to head the domestic operations. Yadav is believed to be unhappy with the decline in his profile.

Over the years, Ranjit Yadav has held management positions in various companies such as Samsung India Electronics, Hewlett Packard Asia Pacific, Philips India, Computer Point India and Ponds India.

Rumour: Ranjit Yadav resigns from Tata Motors-image-2-7.jpg

Source: ET Auto

Last edited by Aditya : 18th March 2015 at 08:31.
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 12:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ranjit Yadav resigns from Tata Motors

I see no harm for either of them; I believe no one is underperformer at these levels of their career. It is more the circumstances that can make or break a situation.

Tata's is trying hard with revival of their product line and it is necessary for them to ensure that if something in management is a misfit, the same should be corrected immediately.

Cheers

Last edited by i74js : 17th March 2015 at 12:38.
i74js is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 12:43   #3
@KP
BHPian

My reading is that its more of a fitment issue - not really an performance issue. Moreover, something had to give after the not so encouraging launch of Zest/Bolt twins...
@KP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 17:58   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors craves management consistency at the top. Unfortunately, the churn is a bit too much.

The only good news I've heard in terms of Tata's leadership is Mayank Pareek taking control. Other than that, here's a list of those who resigned / are no longer with Tata Motors:

05/2013: Neeraj Garg, VP, Passenger Vehicles
10/2013: Prabir Jha, Senior VP & Head - HR
01/2014: Managing Director Karl Slym passes away in mysterious conditions in Bangkok
05/2014: Ankush Arora, Senior VP, Passenger Vehicles
06/2014: Pawan Trivedi, CFO
06/2014: Venkatram Mammillapalle, Senior VP Purchasing
06/2014: Rajesh Bagga, Senior VP Legal
03/2015: Ranjit Yadav - President, Passenger Vehicles

That's a lot for 2 years, isn't it? This is over & above stalwarts like Rajiv Dube & Carl-Peter Forster who left Tata (the latter within only 18 months of a high-profile appointment)!

The passenger car division of Tata Motors is terribly weak. Jaguar-Land Rover & Commercial Vehicles are the pillars of Tata Motors today.

Working in a company with constantly declining market-share has got to be tough. Plus, there is usually shareholder uproar over management salaries (sample link).

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2015 at 17:59.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 18:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tata Motors craves management consistency at the top. Unfortunately, the churn is a bit too much.....

...Working in a company with constantly declining market-share has got to be tough. Plus, there is usually shareholder uproar over management salaries (sample link).
Phew!

Also new senior management always means 6-12 months of restructuring internally and new philosophies. Hence due to utter confusions the mid and junior managers also leave thereby stalling all projects and ultimately out dating many of the outcomes from the projects.

Why don't they retain people and move in a single direction, personally I believe Ranjit/neeraj were given very little time to prove themselves.

OT- Where did Mr. Yadav move to, any updates?
kaks15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks