Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 13:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore

Jaguar Land Rover has officially unveiled the all new XF luxury sedan. As expected, the styling is along the same language as that of the smaller XE. The new car is built along Jaguar's aluminium intensive architecture and the car is lighter than the outgoing XF by around 190 kgs. Torsional stiffness is up 28% and while the car is 7 mm shorter and sits lower by 3 mm, the wheelbase has been stretched to 2,960 mm i.e. an increase of 51 mm. Jaguar claims the new design enables "class-leading" rear seat space with more leg-room, knee-room and head-room.

Power comes from 2 diesel and 2 petrol engines in a total of 5 states of tune. Given below are their details:

Diesel:

- 2.0L diesel that produces 161 BHP and 380 Nm of torque. The same engine is available in a beefier state of tune that makes 178 BHP and 430 Nm of torque.

- 3.0L, V6, twin-turbo diesel that produces 296 BHP and 700 Nm of torque.

- The 2.0L engines are available with a 6-speed manual or an 8-speed automatic gearbox. The 3.0L variant is offered only with the 8-speed automatic.

Petrol:

- 2.0L, turbo-charged, direct injection petrol that makes 237 BHP and 340 Nm of torque.

- 3.0L, V6, super-charged petrol that makes either 335 BHP or 375 BHP. Both states of tune deliver 450 Nm of torque.

- The petrols are offered only with the 8-speed automatic transmission.

The new XF sits on a double wishbone and integral link suspension and gets a near 50:50 weight distribution. For improved ride comfort, the car gets advanced passive damper technology as standard. The British automaker is also offering Jaguar's configurable dynamics system, which was first developed for the F-Type. This system enables the driver to individually adjust settings of the dampers, steering, engine and eight-speed automatic transmission.

For select markets which require all-wheel drive (AWD), Jaguar has engineered a new torque-on-demand system. The transfer case uses a chain drive instead of gears and is claimed to be lighter and more efficient.

On the inside, the feature list includes the InControl Touch Pro infotainment system that features a 10.2-inch touchscreen and Dual View technology (DVT). The DVT technology simultaneously allows the driver to see information such as navigation, while the front seat passenger watches TV or a DVD. The XF also gets a 12.3-inch TFT instrument cluster.

The all-new XF will be manufactured at Jaguar Land Rover's Castle Bromwich plant alongside the all-aluminium F-Type and XJ. The XF will be the first Jaguar to offer full LED headlights and the car will make its public debut at the New York motor show on April 1st. The car will be launched in India as well and sales in our sub-continent could begin in the 1st half of 2016.

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-11jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-12jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-15jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-18jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-17jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-16jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-3jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-2jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-8jagxf.jpg

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-7jagxf.jpg
Tushar is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 13:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore

The central AC vents and the switchgear below the screen look like they belong in a pick up truck. The passenger side of the dashboard looks like a slab of wood, looks like Jaguar designers spent all their time on the steering and instrument cluster.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 14:36   #3
BHPian

I am not impressed with this outer styling, it seems confused. It does not have a distinct personality. Looks very mainstream.
Old 25th March 2015, 16:10   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The design is clearly a combination of old gen XF + the newly launched XE

Interiors though classy but to my taste are not modern enough :(
karan561 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 22:03   #5
BHPian

From the outside, looks like a well balanced combination of sleek, sporty and classy, all at the same time.

But interior, I agree to what others expressed here. Not bad, but looks like it came off an SUV or a truck, especially the central console. Kinda mismatch with the sleek exterior theme of the car.

Overall, looks desirable.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 25th March 2015 at 22:11. Reason: Spacing
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 02:13   #6
BHPian

The rear part of the car doesn't seem to gel with the front. It looks like two different cars.
However, I find most Jags to be not so photogenic. But, in reality, they look way more striking and attractive. I hope, like the XJ-L, the new XF also looks better than its photos suggest. Anyhow, it seems like Jag has understood the grouses the previous car had such as cabin space and has ironed them out.

Good luck Jag. You have started to make great cars!
prakhar1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 08:42   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Jaguar has started making some real nice cars the last couple of years. This isnt one of them. I think it is a very bland car. Nothing stands out, really. Put it next to a Ford Mondeo or a VW Passat and you cant tell it apart.
Looks like your typical sales rep mover.
Old 26th March 2015, 15:44   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Personally, I'm just glad that Jaguar is sticking to clean well-proportioned designs. This new XF greatly appeals to my conservative tastes. I feel it looks phenomenal, and very timeless.

Not a fan of the quirky E-Class from the time it's been launched. Luckily, BMW moved to clean styling with the F10 5-Series while Audi - as always - has some of the best looking cars.

A major disadvantage of the current XF was cabin space, especially at the rear. The 2nd-gen has a longer wheelbase. I hope they've packaged the interiors better.

Last edited by GTO : 26th March 2015 at 15:45.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 15:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar revealed the all new XF luxury sedan in March this year and the car made its public debut at the New York motor show. Globally, the XF will be available in variants such as a sedan and an estate, but if a recent report holds true, the vehicle will be spawned in a long wheelbase variant as well.

Link to Team-BHP news article
Old 25th April 2015, 09:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

New Jaguar XF spotted testing in India

Recently unveiled Jaguar Xf has been spotted in Bangalore. New Xf is lighter and stiffer than outgoing model. Expected to be launched in top trim only.

Source : www.autocarindia.com

All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150424110533_xfd.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2015 at 12:55. Reason: Adding pic :)
fz_rider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 10:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

All new Jaguar XF revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Personally, I'm just glad that Jaguar is sticking to clean well-proportioned designs. This new XF greatly appeals to my conservative tastes. I feel it looks phenomenal, and very timeless.

Not a fan of the quirky E-Class from the time it's been launched. Luckily, BMW moved to clean styling with the F10 5-Series while Audi - as always - has some of the best looking cars.

A major disadvantage of the current XF was cabin space, especially at the rear. The 2nd-gen has a longer wheelbase. I hope they've packaged the interiors better.

Couldn't agree with you more GTO on the clean exterior lines of the new XF. The car really looks better now with the bigger air intake on the fender and a nose up stance make it look bold.

The problem with the Jaguars are the interiors. For me I personally like the car display/audio unit above the central ac vents. It should be as close to eye level as possible, considering we all have navigation on in our cars and we keep looking at the screen. Not sure why most of the top manufacturers get this wrong.

The speedo/odo dials look extremely simple and plain. Definitely don't fit in a car that costs ₹ 60 Lakh+ on road. its the same case with the new C class as well. The lower segment cars like the Passat are slated to have the virtual display unit.

The dash looks just like the Corolla.
Is it me or does it look similar?

Those wheels look fabulous. Hope the India spec cars will get them. Though they are sure to reduce the wheel size and increase the rubber.

The chrome strip on the boot runs across the tail lights. Weird?

All said and done this looks like a good update and if they price it close to the existing price. Should do well.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 25th April 2015 at 10:13.
Old 25th April 2015, 11:05   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

re: New Jaguar XF spotted testing in India

This is shocking news indeed.

New XE was revealed much earlier & it never made it here for testing yet.

I was expecting that the new XE & XF will be showcased & launched @ Auto Expo 2016.

The only answer to all of this can be the new XF will be brought here as a CBU & will be launched in 2015.

Where as XE will gear up as a CKD model & launch @ Auto Expo 2016.

karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 12:16   #13
BHPian

Re: All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore

Jaguars are about to get a lot cheaper (Economic Times - Article Link)

Wonder this will have any impact for the Indian market?
Attached Thumbnails
All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore-capture.jpg  

johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 10:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: All new Jaguar XF revealed! EDIT, now spotted testing in Bangalore

The design of the dash, specially the central ac vents and the placement of the screen below them seems from the Toyota Corolla and new Fortuner! It's amazing how 2 car maker's designing cars in 2 ends of the world ended up with such similar designs. I wonder what both Toyota & Jaguar design team must be thinking looking at each other's pictures.

From the outside the design seems more evolutionary which is probably a good thing since the XF was always a well designed vehicle. However, the pics above are all of the S variant. The 'normal' variants may come with smaller grille's and wheels with docile alloy's making the car look less aggressive then the S version.

Last edited by amit : 5th September 2015 at 10:45.

Most Viewed