Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 15:00   #1
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes-Benz CLS 250 CDI launched in India at Rs. 76.50 lakh

German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz, has launched is the facelifted CLS-Class in India.

Mercedes-Benz CLS 250 CDI launched in India at Rs. 76.50 lakh-m1.jpg

The 4-door coupe is available as a CLS 250 CDI. It is powered by 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine that puts out 201 bhp and 500 Nm of torque. The engine has an Eco start/stop function and is mated to a 7G-Tronic Plus automatic transmission, which can be operated by paddles mounted behind the steering wheel. The gearbox has economy and sport modes, which can be used to alter the shift characteristics.

The facelifted CLS has a bold diamond radiator grille, new front bumper with larger air ducts, LED headlamps with Active Multibeam technology and integral daytime running lights, new 10-spoke alloy wheels, and darkened LED tail lamps with adaptive intensity.

Coming to the interiors, the CLS gets a multifunction, three-spoke steering wheel, leather seats with memory function, a free-standing 8-inch display screen for the infotainment system. The controls for the seat adjustment are finished in chrome.

Mercedes-Benz CLS 250 CDI launched in India at Rs. 76.50 lakh-m2.jpg

The CLS 250 CDI is equipped with navigation, telephone, Harman Kardon audio, video and internet. Mercedes-Benz India has introduced Mercedes-Benz Apps with the COMAND Online system. Safety features include airbags, ABS, ESP, ASR, hill-start assist, attention assist, parking assist and adaptive high beam assist among others.

The CLS 250 CDI is priced at Rs. 76.50 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi). It will compete against the Audi A7 and BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th March 2015 at 15:17.
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 20:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes-Benz CLS 250 CDI launched in India at Rs. 76.50 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The CLS 250 CDI is priced at Rs. 76.50 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi). It will compete against the Audi A7 and BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe.
Not with a 4 pot diesel making 204bhp. The A7 comes with 250bhp odd and the 6 series with a 310 odd bhp. This is priced significantly lower than the others, and kind of fills in the gap between the E class and the S class. Sad to see Mercedes is carrying on with their trend of giving us underpowered engines in their cars, when they just did the opposite of launching the 200cdis in the A and B class.

Either way, this will be around 95l on road I think, and if it sells it will only be because of its looks. I don't think anyone would want to drive this themselves, and the E class would be better in the back seat. If this was a 350cdi it would be a different story.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 21:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Either way, this will be around 95l on road I think, and if it sells it will only be because of its looks. I don't think anyone would want to drive this themselves, and the E class would be better in the back seat. If this was a 350cdi it would be a different story.
The 350 CDI would've been better probably. Wonder what the accountants at Mercedes India were thinking. Also, No one would really want to be in the rear seat either. That sloping roofline makes sure your head isn't in a happy place.

Speaking of the head being in a happy place, for that kind of money, I'd rather buy a 530d M-Sport

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 12:31   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For 1 crore, you get a 4-cylinder diesel engine that's shared with the A-Class . Mercedes must be kidding.

I like the CLS' styling. But if I wanted one, I'd buy a pre-worshipped example. These cars are depreciation disasters. Prices range between 20 - 45 lakhs for well-maintained ones with bigger 6-cylinder engines. There's also the mighty AMG for sale in Mumbai for significantly less money than this lame 250 CDI.

Thumbs down to this launch.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 20:27   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For 1 crore, you get a 4-cylinder diesel engine that's shared with the A-Class . Mercedes must be kidding.

I like the CLS' styling. But if I wanted one, I'd buy a pre-worshipped example. These cars are depreciation disasters. Prices range between 20 - 45 lakhs for well-maintained ones with bigger 6-cylinder engines. There's also the mighty AMG for sale in Mumbai for significantly less money than this lame 250 CDI.

Thumbs down to this launch.
Going through an old thread. GTO is right about the depreciation, got an offer to buy a CLS petrol (2012) with 40K on the ODO for 48 L. The owner would definitely settle for around 40L. But that is a huge hit on the 80ish he probably paid. The car is really well maintained. It is tempting but I doubt I would go for it.
Old 9th April 2016, 20:38   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
got an offer to buy a CLS petrol (2012) with 40K on the ODO for 48 L. The owner would definitely settle for around 40L. But that is a huge hit on the 80ish he probably paid.
During that time CLS were sold at high discounts , I faintly remember being offered one around 50 lac , they had a facelift around 2013/14 before this new model last year. If you are serious about this car , ask seller to share original invoice and then you can take this further
Old 9th April 2016, 20:53   #7
BHPian

These will still sell despite crazy price.
Mercedes-Benz has read Indian Market well, and confident that CLS 250CDI will meet its target sales number. Thanks to all the real estate brokers, builders, Start-up CxOs... I'll wait in PREWORSHIPPED Market.

Most Viewed