Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2018, 19:48   #226
e46
BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Motoroids review is out. Amit seems very upbeat about the Kicks. Hope they price it sensibly.

e46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 20:58   #227
BHPian

Eternal problem with Nissan India is lack of product promotion campaigns and poor marketing strategy. Despite having some good products, it was not able to showcase and reach customers.

I am owning Terrano since 3.5 years and pretty happy about it. Nobody knew when Terrano released with some major feature updates and when AMT was launched. Sunny and Micra are also very capable products.

Now the Kicks really looks and feels like a premium compact SUV with its long list of features and a major leap from Terrano.

However, the competition formidable in this segment, Nissan could have gained an edge by offering sunroof, automatic variant, split & reclining rear seats etc. Hope they price it sensibly to garner some sales this time around. Good luck Nissan !!
hummer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 21:03   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Motoroids review is out. Amit seems very upbeat about the Kicks. Hope they price it sensibly.
They'd have to get the pricing right since this would apparently be slotted above Terrano and parallel to Captur. Goes without saying that they would do everything possible to save it from suffering the same fate as Captur. That said, I'm not sure why am I not excited by this because frankly it does look like a decent product.

Last edited by bblost : 11th December 2018 at 21:54. Reason: Removed the video link form quoted part. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2018, 23:57   #229
BHPian

There are cars for which one gets excited about and then there are cars like the Kicks which i feel is bland and lacks freshness. IMHO the car is going to be an outright low selling product because for me neither does it look good/ unique nor does it convey an appeal ( Premium/ Young/ enthusiastic/ VFM/ Spacious).

Forget about competing with Creta, i believe it would be hard to see much of these on road just like the Captur and Toyota Yaris, the only way this would sell a little is by pricing it below the competition and/ or by giving fat discounts just like they did with duster / terrano.

Seems to be a lost battle , well before the start, add to it the lackadaisical promotion and advertising approach by Nissan India. I will be happy to put my money on a Creta / Harrier anyday ( even if i have to stretch my budget for the same).

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th December 2018 at 10:00. Reason: Corrected typos -> 'their' to 'there'.
NST440 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 06:21   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
They'd have to get the pricing right since this would apparently be slotted above Terrano and parallel to Captur. Goes without saying that they would do everything possible to save it from suffering the same fate as Captur. That said, I'm not sure why am I not excited by this because frankly it does look like a decent product.
Terrano will not be sold in 2019, Captur too may be taken off the roads once the new Duster is launched in India. I am confident that Nissan will launch KICKS with a killer pricing. I also see from the image that this vehicle is not an ergonomic disaster like Captur. This may not be attractive to buyers leaning towards Maruti, but we should appreciate Nissan for their continuous efforts despite not being a popular brand.
Old 12th December 2018, 08:11   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks - Review- It all boils down to pricing now!

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 09:52   #232
BHPian

Motorbeam review is out. The reviewer seems to be happy with the car in general.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th December 2018 at 10:32.
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 11:16   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I wonder what USP this has over the Captur, which crashed and burned. Correct me if I am wrong, but they are basically the same in a fancier skin right? There has been such little advertisement for the Kicks and I don't suppose they've even done a pricing list either. This is a tough segment to crack, and the leader from Hyundai still stands at #1!
True, its a very tight segment. Ruled by Brezza at lower end and Creta at the other end. If they price is higher, people will end up considering cars from next segment(like XUV).

Then we have Nexon(with 5 star safety now) and upcoming Tivoli SUV. cut-throat indeed.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 11:30   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
---

Then we have Nexon(with 5 star safety now) and upcoming Tivoli SUV. cut-throat indeed---
Added to the above, will be the upcoming BS VI compliant Petrol variant coming from Maruti Suzuki stable for its C/SUV's.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 13:03   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Ideal size to compete with Creta. In fact, its bigger than Creta

Kicks vs Creta:
Wheelbase: 2673 * 2590

Dimensions
Kicks: 4,384 mm L x 1,813 mm W x 1,656 mm H
Creta: 4,270 mm L x 1,780 mm W x 1,630 mm H
However, this increased dimensions don't make themselves felt inside as per the reviews. The Creta seems to have better space inside, overall.
Old 12th December 2018, 13:18   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan-Renault just dont want to listen. It was the same with Captur and now it would be the same with this one. No AT. When you are the underdog in a competition, the least you can do is come all prepared for the fight. Destined to fail.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 14:58   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Nissan-Renault just dont want to listen. It was the same with Captur and now it would be the same with this one. No AT. When you are the underdog in a competition, the least you can do is come all prepared for the fight. Destined to fail.
Kicks appears slightly better than Captur. Kicks looks lil more SUV, has little more features, better interiors and yes, little bigger. Brand Nissan also enjoys slightly better reputation than Renault especially with folks who have US connection. That said when we compare with Creta, there is nothing earth shattering difference, but should be easy peasy to outdo Captur's double digit sales figure anyway.
Old 12th December 2018, 17:05   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
However, this increased dimensions don't make themselves felt inside as per the reviews. The Creta seems to have better space inside, overall.
One difference you will find in the Kicks and the Creta is that while on paper both have a 400L boot space, the Kicks has its spare wheel on the underbody and hence the boot space is full and does not include the space occupied by the spare wheel. In case of the Creta, the boot size of 400L includes the space occupied by the spare wheel! So practically the Creta has a boot space of only 310 L ( 90L is used by the spare wheel). I have myself checked this in many cars and started a thread specifically with actual car boot space measurements some time back. When the Kicks is launched, do take a measuring tape and measure the actual dimensions of the boot and compare with the Creta.
This is the thread I started on this topic : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-your-car.html (Measuring the actual boot capacity of your car)

While the Creta is the most popular choice, the Kicks has promising interiors and better fit and finish. But it all boils down to pricing - if Nissan are able to price the Highest Diesel Variant at 14 Lacs ex showroom, they will be able to give Creta a good fight. Anything higher than that will be a challenge for them though.

Last edited by Behemoth : 12th December 2018 at 17:15.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 18:33   #239
BHPian

I think we should give fair chance to Nissan Kick since they have made a genuine effort and I really like what they did with the interiors. It's definitely a big step up from Vitara Brezza or even Scross and leather upholstery even challenges Creta.

According to me, it should be best placed in between Brezza and Creta, should not be priced too close to Creta in terms of pricing.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th December 2018 at 18:35. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
Old 13th December 2018, 00:55   #240

Most car reviews aren't very enthused about the Nissan Kicks. I guess it will also pass off like Captur. Overall average review.
https://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/nissan...review-1960996
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks