Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2019, 14:25   #376
BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

The lower variants seem to be really VFM. It looked like a promising product but with this pricing, I am afraid it won't sell well. I m expecting 70-80% sales from the XL or XV variant. People having money for higher variants would go for the Creta for I guess pretty much everything.
With the Harrier launching tomorrow, if priced well, which is being anticipated from Tata, will steal away it's leftover thunder.
Expect good discounts on it within a few months.

Cheers!

Last edited by DPetrolHead : 22nd January 2019 at 14:26.
DPetrolHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 14:29   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Nissan Kicks XV (Petrol 10.95 lakh / Diesel 12.49 lakh)

Nissan Kicks XV Premium ( Diesel Rs 13.65 lakh)
  • Hill-start assist
  • LED projector headlights
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Leather-wrapped gear knob with chrome accents
  • Keyless entry
  • Push button start/stop
  • Cruise control
Look at the premium they are charging for the diesel engine over the petrol. Over 1.5 lacs is a big premium to command. On top, the petrol is not available beyond XV. What was Nissan smoking?

Also, the price difference between XV and XV premium is not justified IMO. For 1.15 lacs (on road difference would be ~1.3 lacs), you only get Hill start assist, LED headlamps, cruise control and true keyless entry. The difference should not have been more than 70-75k. Clearly overpriced by 30-40k.

Also, the 14.65 list price for the top end is for single tone colour (i am guessing), the dual tone would be 15-20k extra going by the standards. Now this is very very close to Creta that also offers a sun roof for that price and not to forget the butter smooth diesel engine. Has Nissan lost an opportunity here? The only saving grace are the maintenance packages and 360 degree camera, they look interesting.

I dont have many hopes from this product in terms of volumes. Under 2k per month at best, is what i see.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 14:29   #378
BHPian

I can say that it's priced really well. People who are thinking that it should be priced 25k to 50k lower, wait for few months. Discounts will make the deal even more sweeter.
What i like more is, be it Captur or Kicks, the lower variants are not bare bone which would generally be the case in Hyundai or Maruti.

Last edited by Highh5 : 22nd January 2019 at 14:33.
Highh5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 14:33   #379
BHPian

I was considering Diesel XV Premium option given the feature set. Similar specced Creta SX is priced at 13.58 Lakhs while Kicks is priced at 13.65 lakhs. I am amused if it makes any sense for anyone to go for kicks in this category apart from saving some money on Insurance premiums annually.

Kicks looks to be going Captur way in my opinion unless lower variants prove to be some saving grace.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 22nd January 2019 at 14:57.
gupta_chd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:00   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I was considering Diesel XV Premium option given the feature set. Similar specced Creta SX is priced at 13.58 Lakhs while Kicks is priced at 13.65 lakhs. I am amused if it makes any sense for anyone to go for kicks in this category apart from saving some money on Insurance premiums annually.

Kicks looks to be going Captur way in my opinion unless lower variants prove to some saving grace.
Though they are similarly priced, there are certain things that you get in Kicks but not in Creta: larger dimensions, 17-inch wheels, reverse camera (not sure), and LED headlamps. Even i believe that Kicks is dangerously close to Creta but it does try to create some value.

The diesel engine on the Creta is very good and i am not sure if the Nissan engine can be called equally good. May be a back to back test drive will get you an answer. One one hand, Kicks looks refreshing and on the other hand, there is a Nissan badge at the front!
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:04   #381
Team-BHP Support

Prices are between 9.55 to 14.65.

XL - 9.55
XV - 10.95
XV Pre - 13.65
XV Pre O - 14.65

Source
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:15   #382
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
One one hand, Kicks looks refreshing and on the other hand, there is a Nissan badge at the front!
Absolutely true! With most households in India, buying car is a big and infrequent event. The car on its own plays a minor role here. Brand recognition, bragging rights, sales and service experience are huge factors. Even if someone does consider/shortlist Kicks, the dice is heavily loaded in favour of Creta. Only someone absolutely hating/avoiding Creta might consider Kicks from "Nissan" seriously.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:16   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Though they are similarly priced, there are certain things that you get in Kicks but not in Creta: larger dimensions, 17-inch wheels, reverse camera (not sure), and LED headlamps. Even i believe that Kicks is dangerously close to Creta but it does try to create some value. !
Also the Kicks boot space is substantially larger than the Creta ( approx 100 L more extra) in reality. This can be a differentiator for people who like taking lots of luggage on outstation trips.
I did not have a tape measure to take the boot dimensions of the Kicks but I could easily see the larger dimensions compared to my Compass.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:18   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Though they are similarly priced, there are certain things that you get in Kicks but not in Creta: larger dimensions, 17-inch wheels, reverse camera (not sure), and LED headlamps. Even i believe that Kicks is dangerously close to Creta but it does try to create some value.

The diesel engine on the Creta is very good and i am not sure if the Nissan engine can be called equally good. May be a back to back test drive will get you an answer. One one hand, Kicks looks refreshing and on the other hand, there is a Nissan badge at the front!
Yeah, you are correct to some extent. Kicks offers 17 inch wheels, 8 inch screen and LED headlamps. Reverse camera is not there for sure. Also ground clearance is better.

Creta also offers Bigger and better engine, wireless charger (not sure useful or not), sliding armrest, armrest storage. But it is established as a rock. Ownership is fuss free too.

More over, as I saw and sat in kicks, It occurred to me that Headroom is limited for six footers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Also the Kicks boot space is substantially larger than the Creta ( approx 100 L more extra) in reality. This can be a differentiator for people who like taking lots of luggage on outstation trips.
I did not have a tape measure to take the boot dimensions of the Kicks but I could easily see the larger dimensions compared to my Compass.
In terms of specs, boot is same at 400 litres although it looked large to me as well.

Last edited by SDP : 22nd January 2019 at 22:54. Reason: Typo
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:20   #385
BHPian

Difference in OTR price in Mysore between top of the line Creta and Kicks is almost a Lakh. For that, Hyundai gives powered driver seat, ventilated front seats, 2 extra airbags, sun roof and wireless charging!!
octane_100 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:24   #386
BHPian

I was hoping that the base diesel would be priced just under 10 lakhs. Nissan should have priced it a bit lower when going against established Creta. There won't be many takers for Kicks at this price point. I would buy an EcoSport Titanium + over Kicks XL (D).
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:36   #387
BHPian

Quote:
In terms of specs, boot is same at 400 litres although it looked large to me as well.
What helps here is the placement of spare tyre outside the boot for Kicks. While, for Creta the tyre is within the boot space. I think, this is what makes the difference visible.

Any news on Kicks spare tyre? Hope it is a full size alloy unlike its competition.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:44   #388
BHPian

Quote:
What helps here is the placement of spare tyre outside the boot for Kicks. While, for Creta the tyre is within the boot space. I think, this is what makes the difference visible.

Any news on Kicks spare tyre? Hope it is a full size alloy unlike its competition.
Nope, it is a size lower as told to me by SA and steel as well.
Old 22nd January 2019, 16:28   #389
BHPian

I can see two things coming..
1. Lower end customers will go for XUV300 and Brezza...
2. Higher end customers will go for Harrier/Creta...
Kicks will end up getting couple of thousands sale in first few months and will settle for <1000 units a month...😫
IntoTheStorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 16:36   #390
BHPian

Quote:

Kicks looks to be going Captur way in my opinion unless lower variants prove to be some saving grace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Difference in OTR price in Mysore between top of the line Creta and Kicks is almost a Lakh. For that, Hyundai gives powered driver seat, ventilated front seats, 2 extra airbags, sun roof and wireless charging!!
But Creta SX prices doesn't include 3-year warranty(instead standard 2 years IIRC) with road-side assistance and a maintenance package, consider that as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed