Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2019, 17:58   #391
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Guys,

If anyone is considering the Kicks, please do ponder over the terrible after-sales support provided by their horrible dealers. No Nissan owner I know of (myself included) has anything good to say about the after-sales service. They are AWFUL. Just keep that in mind before putting a million bucks on a new car. When my Sunny's extended warranty got over, I actually breathed a sigh of relief that I don't have to deal with them anymore.

The expiry of warranty coverage is never a good thing. It was, for a change, with my Sunny.
GTO is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:18   #392
BHPian

Why would anyone put upward of 1 million in a product which has chances of going the Renault Captur way.

I wonder why Nissan is promoting Diesel engines over petrol engines. Does it mean that Petrol version
is incapable of facing the competition. Further, investing in BS IV diesel at this stage is risky given the chances of changes in law against polluting diesels.
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:18   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

If anyone is considering the Kicks, please do ponder over the terrible after-sales support provided by their horrible dealers. No Nissan owner I know of (myself included) has anything good to say about the after-sales service. They are AWFUL. Just keep that in mind before putting a million bucks on a new car.
Absolutely the reason why I dropped the idea of getting Kicks.

Now waiting for XUV300. Do you have any words of advise there too? I heard Mahindra's ASS is better than Nissan
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:32   #394
BHPian

I think the Kicks will fit in three normal size adults in the second row quite easily while the Creta is not wide enough (Creta owners, please feel free to correct me).
Now if this above criteria is important to prospective buyers, features like wireless charging and sunroof will take a back seat (pun intended)!.

If I am in the market interested in both Kicks and the Creta, I will choose the Creta only for the reason that the indicator stalk is on the 'right' side.

Why can't Nissan just move the damn thing there ?
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 20:29   #395
BHPian

My take on Kicks
1. Dangerously close to established Creta. Discounts will be out in less than 3 months, mark my words.
2. There is lot of brand pull for slanted H, Where as Nissan has negative brand value in the current scenario
3. Petrol model pricing looks somewhat ok. But diesel models could have priced at just 1L premium vis-à-vis petrol model, EOD it is an BS IV 1.5L engine.
4. Features list looks ok, but no AT in 2019 mean a big negative. They could have lifted duster petrol CVT at least.
5. No words for stopping petrol models at mid variant itself. What Nissan is smoking?
6. This is not same as international Kicks, This is Duster/Terrano/Captur in new cloths. Haven't learnt a lesson or two from K/Captur fiasco.
7. They could have launched at Terrano price initially and later they could have considered increasing if at all Kicks gains some ground.
8. Lost opportunity for Nissan for sure
hillsnrains is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:37   #396
BHPian

A dull product that does not stand out from the crowd in any way. Nissan has always lacked an entry level high selling car that could have helped them spread their network in the country. Kicks is going to get them nowhere. The Harrier, XUV3OO and Creta will eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Though I am not in the market for a new vehicle, I would be interested in hearing what the Nissan salespeople have to say to walk in customers about why they should buy the Kicks over its competitors.

Last edited by Malyaj : 22nd January 2019 at 21:44.
Malyaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:39   #397
BHPian

Any new car launch and the corresponding thread in team-bhp gets very active. This thread has barely filled 2 pages on launch day. This is reflective of anticipation of an enlightened community like this one. Nissan as a brand is almost dead in India and kicks is dead on arrival.
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:57   #398
BHPian

Brother of the Captur from another mother approaching!

Don't they calculate BEP (Break-even point) at the time of investment? Aren't the stakes already high?

The exterior looks strictly average and nowhere near to an SUV boundary, IMO. What could be the differentiating factor that would aid in the sale?

The all-new 360-degree camera feature is definitely impressive in this segment, does it make compelling package alone? My answer would be no.

As mentioned by GTO, after sales service is always amiss with the Nissan. This is alone a single factor which would keep away many prospective buyers in this segment.

Sadly, there is also a possibility that these are the last days of Nissan in our country.

Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2019, 22:03   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
4. Features list looks ok, but no AT in 2019 mean a big negative. They could have lifted duster petrol CVT at least.
5. No words for stopping petrol models at mid variant itself. What Nissan is smoking?
These two points really killed the deal for me.

Captur had the Platine model only for Diesel and it had a few differences (like absence of hill assist in petrol top model), Nissan seems to have taken it to the next level.

Someone who may have wanted the car for the 360 degree camera would be surprised that a Petrol variant won't have it at all.

Perhaps, Nissan's logic is behind the fact that Diesel Manual Cretas sell the most, but I think they have got it wrong. A person who wants a Diesel Creta will simply go for that.
sdaityari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 22:53   #400
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the official brochure of Kicks
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 22:54   #401
BHPian

Nissan should have given a reasonable Introductory offer with acceptable price tag.
I echo with GTO's statement regarding Nissan's ASS, considering these factors it is good to announce this product as "Dead on Arrival"
Old 22nd January 2019, 23:03   #402
BHPian

The GTO's statement was the number one reason, why I have sold my duster couple of years ago. The ASS is horrible in Hyderabad. I don't think Nissan ASS is better either.
Old 23rd January 2019, 00:10   #403
Senior - BHPian

Was at Mall of India Noida today. Kicks is displayed there. Maroon shade with black roof. It looked bigger than Creta and quite appealing. Interiors we're alright but legroom was good at the back. Anyone interested in it can check it out there.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 01:03   #404
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Test drove the Kicks today 22nd afternoon. At Thane Ghodbunder Road.

1) Sales guys were average.

2) All colour variants were on display including two more that were decked up with graphics.

3) Got a 3-4 km test drive.

4) Suspension is dusterish but not exactly there. Hexa is better on rough roads.

5) Exteriors are WOW.

6) Boot space is good.

7) Display with 360 camera is good, resolution could be better.

8) Seat height was not a problem for me at 6ft. And it was possible to even raise the seat height a bit without hitting the roof. But leg room on clutch felt awkward and cramped for me.

9) Rear seat is comfortable with good legroom and back incline is fine.

10) Boot space is very fine. Spare wheel access is from below so no luggage removal required.

11) Leather on seats and dash is fine. But faux carbon fibre near power window switches, center console and around main instrumentation feels cheap.

12) No AMT or AT so I am not buying.

13) Gear shifts were precise and clutch action light but long.

14) Gear Knob and Steering felt cheap and solid. But no leather.

15) Start Stop button located low on center console felt odd and also looked cheap. The wierd controls stalks for phone audio etc. is also not to my liking. Stalks are located reverse of Indian pattern.

16) Has cruise control, Auto wipers, Auto headlights, cornering for lights, and 360 camera.

17) Side mirror adjustment and fold button is no fun to touch. As one has to turn it around every time to fold the mirror.

18) Black plastics on door pads are average but everything feels it will last but not excite sufficiently.

19) Center Digital Speedo is fun. 17" Alloys look good,

20) Side step accessory is available and looks good but not desirable unless people using are very short.

21) Ground Clearance of 210mm will hit nothing ever.

22) Doors are wide and cover entire side including the lower cladding so clothes won't get dirty in getting in and out.

23) Glove box is wierd shaped long and narrow. Is cooled.

24) The remote keys feel like aftermarket music system remotes. Rectangles of credit card size with 6mm thickness. Can be put in the wallet if you wish. There is a slot in the glove box for the key card to be used in case the battery runs down. One can open the door with the mechanical key that comes out.

25) Engine likes to be ripped. I only drove the diesel.

26) Pricing needed to be special but it isn't.

27) So would be a good fit for people of sizes upto 5.10. Beyond that do test drive for fit and ergonomics. If Chauffeur driven buy a lower variant and get driven around.

28)Creta would be peace of mind. Kicks more fun. But Indians tend to be peace loving as a nation.

I think a tough sell but a good car. Nissan Brand and Support is very poor here so pricing needed to be minimum 10% lower for top variants. They will anyways be offering 80k discounts in 6 months and possibly packing up operations in India in 3-4 yrs.

Not for the faint hearted. But exciting so..

Last edited by ACM : 23rd January 2019 at 01:08.
ACM is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 03:12   #405
BHPian

I went to check out the car today at the dealer. Looked big overall but couldn't get a comfortable position. Dead pedal is sorely missed. Armrest is as good as non existent. I don't know whether these are marketed as driver arm rest or passenger arm rest. It is practically impossible to rest your elbow on it and change gears unless you are Michael Phelps. Rear seats are roomy and well laid, and the boot space is commendable. Would have liked more headroom in the front, I tried to drink out of a 1 ltr water bottle and it was difficult, and I am only 5'9". Overall lacked storage spaces, No sunglass holder as well. I thought those were meant to be standard. To top it all such optimistic pricing, hope it's not a dud like it's cousin.
Th!ru is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks