Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2019, 19:16   #541
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
It is the brand name which stops many from buying it!
I thought of putting myself in the boat after looking at updated Kicks prices. It is almost 1.1 lakh cheaper than Creta Diesel variant to variant.

But Nissan brand hasn't got a single car that does sell well. Kicks is anyways a failed product which would be discontinued soon or later. There are enough reasons for Nissan to shut shop in India. Many Team BHP moderators have cautioned to invest in brand carefully. With all of these factors going against the company, I am not surprised that this car is not selling well. Whether I may buy the car or not, I see it as a particularly smart or rather informed decision by the customers of Creta which costs little higher. It will offset the premium in its lifetime, with the resale value or with peace of mind for numerous reasons.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 15th August 2019 at 19:18.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 20:25   #542
BHPian

Tbh, I am saddened by the plight of Nissan in India. A company with such great capabilities and products worldwide, failing in India due to poor management and planning, meanwhile on the other hand, Hyundai laughing all the way to the bank with their creta and elite i20 ( well deserved I must say because they worked their way up after entering the Indian market with great products like the original Santro ).

I still believe they can gain some hold of the market, with a new small car. I doubt whether the new Micra can be sold in India without incurring losses. Maybe something more compact and affordable, in the range of Tiago and Celerio.

Last edited by SaiSW : 15th August 2019 at 20:26.
Old 18th August 2019, 13:21   #543

Hi BHPians,

After a lot of deliberation, I have finally bought Nissan Kicks, Petrol, XV variant. I had gone through this thread multiple times and have found that not a lot of people were excited by this model from Nissan considering Marketing of the vehicle, overall after sales support and lastly the future of Nissan in India and many other factors.

These factors actually made me dig deeper into what could be the possibilities in a good or bad way if I bought this vehicle. I was upgrading from an i20 hence the difference in pricing made me extra cautious. This approach of being cautious made me talk to some top corporate executives of Nissan based out of their India Headquarters in Gurgaon and also talk to Employees of Nissan Factory in Chennai.

Having driven just around 500 km its too early to give a feedback or a review however I have not yet encountered any issue (however smallest) with either the vehicle, Nissans Showroom or the company in itself.

So in case you have any question regarding the vehicle, please ask. I am planning to post a detailed review once I complete driving at least 2000 km.

regards
Ayan
Ayankicks is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 14:08   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayankicks View Post
After a lot of deliberation, I have finally bought Nissan Kicks, Petrol, XV variant.
Congratulations on the purchase Do post an initial ownership review when you have had a chance to experience the car further.

Contrary to the market response, this car is indeed a good choice. The low sales can be attributed to the wrong pricing strategy and the general industry slowdown.

A possibility of Nissan's exit troubles me occasionally as I own a 2015 Micra. Though none of Nissan's cars are doing well in India, I have a feeling they aren't going to exit any time soon. The reason is a push for EVs by the government. The Leaf is Nissan's leading EV globally and I wonder when they plan to launch in India. However, Nissan needs to adapt it to the Indian market and not launch it as a direct competitor to the Kona.
sdaityari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 17:54   #545
BHPian

Checked out the base xl interiors online and my wife hated it. Too drab for a ten lakhs car. The upper versions are great though. Will check out once in the showroom. Looking between models within 12.5 lakhs for creta, duster and kicks diesel variant.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 18:11   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Checked out the base xl interiors online and my wife hated it. Too drab for a ten lakhs car. The upper versions are great though. Will check out once in the showroom. Looking between models within 12.5 lakhs for creta, duster and kicks diesel variant.
I checked out the Kicks today after taking a look at the Seltos. I must say it looks much more mature and a proper SUV with perfect proportions - every angle looks good, be it front, side or rear. In comparison, the Seltos looks shorter and narrower and the side profile is like an MPV, it has nowhere near the street presence of the Kicks.

I started to think of the base XE diesel variant as a possible replacement to my ageing Ecosport (instead of the Seltos) given it is very compellingly priced and the build quality seems better than the Seltos. I do not see a meaningful Diesel Variant from Kia under 10 lakhs, except perhaps the most basic one which lacks most features. The doors felt heavier, the ground clearance is higher, the suspension is stronger and does not sink like the Seltos does when passengers are seated at the rear. The seat comfort is really good on the XV variant on display.

However, your post on drab interiors of the base variants creating doubts. If the XL itself is so drab, how will the XE be? Please share any pictures you have. I am yet to see the XE variant in flesh and blood, though have been promised a test drive by the Sales Executive in the coming days.

The exterior should be fine, since all colors including the new blue color are being offered in XE as well. The red looks stunning!
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_0678.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_0680.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_0681.jpg  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 18th August 2019 at 18:16.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 18:14   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Check out the latest pricing of kicks. Now xv variant costs 1.5 lakhs cheaper i.e each variant has been upgraded to next level. So base xl of diesel is upgraded to xv. Previous xl has been re named as xe.
You may opt latest kicks xl which was actually xv earlier.

Creta won't have so much of equipment. New duster may be appealing but design is old. Kicks is the same with latest skin on the outer and amazing interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayankicks View Post
Hi BHPians,

After a lot of deliberation, I have finally bought Nissan Kicks, Petrol, XV variant. I had gone through this thread multiple times and have found that not a lot of people were excited by this model from Nissan considering Marketing of the vehicle, overall after sales support and lastly the future of Nissan in India and many other factors.

regards
Ayan

Congratulations ayan. Enjoy your drive.

Me too have XV variant (diesel) orange color. I went with diesel for it sheer power on the highway. I did not find the same power output in petrol variant.
Btw what color have u chosen, posts pics of the same.

Last edited by jeganatu : 18th August 2019 at 18:16.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 18:33   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
However, your post on drab interiors of the base variants creating doubts.
Sorry for the confusion I was referring to the base diesel trim online. It's interior pics were drab now thinking of it it's the xe variant I guess.
I think you and I are in almost the same boat. I'm looking for a diesel pseudo SUV under 12.5 lakhs on road price. Im upgrading- downgrading from mid 2015 duster 85RXL with 200k km. I love my duster and since kicks is a much smarter duster am considering it.
Only problem I'm foreseeing is Nissan service center is 200 kms away, Renault asc is 65 kms away and Hyundai is in my town. Considering the 4k kms I put in every month it might be a mammoth task maintaining the Nissan.
Old 18th August 2019, 18:43   #549

Its white in Colour and will post a detailed review post at least 2000 kms
Old 18th August 2019, 21:04   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Only problem I'm foreseeing is Nissan service center is 200 kms away, Renault asc is 65 kms away and Hyundai is in my town. Considering the 4k kms I put in every month it might be a mammoth task maintaining the Nissan.
Mods please delete this post if not relevant.

Bro - Please don't get me wrong, there are better things to do in life than trying to get a car serviced from a center which is 200kms away. In Bangalore I dread if a service center is 15-20kms away. Can't fathom owning a car with a service center that far away.
NFS2024 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 21:41   #551
BANNED

There's nothing wrong in travelling 200 kms once every 6 months or so.
This is not a Litre bike that you would have to plan fuel availability and other factors.

If you have your heart set on the car, don't let this deter you.
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 21:53   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
There's nothing wrong in travelling 200 kms once every 6 months or so.
This is not a Litre bike that you would have to plan fuel availability and other factors.

If you have your heart set on the car, don't let this deter you.
It's not question of 6 months but every 2.5 months for regular service and god forbid unforseen breakdowns. My running is high so the issue. If I did 10-12k kms per annum I wouldn't have thought about running costs or service center distance.
I've still not written the kicks off. Will do a proper test drive and take the plunge.
Anyways I think this is going off topic. Mods please delete this if you deem it unnecessary.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 21:57   #553
BHPian

Quote:
200k, way to go. Do post some tips on maintenance and an ownership review if possible. Would be definitely helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post

Bro - Please don't get me wrong, there are better things to do in life than trying to get a car serviced from a center which is 200kms away. In Bangalore I dread if a service center is 15-20kms away. Can't fathom owning a car with a service center that far away.

Looking at the current Bangalore traffic situation he would reach 200kms way faster than we travel those 20kms. Since he already travels 65kms, 200 kms every couple of months shouldnt be a deterrent. If I was in his shoes, would i travel 200 kms probably not. I would have gone with Hyundai.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 16:53   #554
BHPian

I am just adding a few phone pictures of my 2k plus gasoline guzzling one.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20190713_170855.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20190722_150539-2_li.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20190723_182711-2_li.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20190806_210244.jpg  

Mechy_74 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:17   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechy_74 View Post
I am just adding a few phone pictures of my 2k plus gasoline guzzling one.
Congratulations on the purchase. Even I have the white one. What kind of mileage you are getting. Mine is doing 11 consistently in the city.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks