Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2020, 14:42   #661
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Thank you so much It was a totally different experience coming from i10, enjoyed the drive.
Many many congratulations Sahil!! Enjoy your ride and drive safely.

I got my Stallion yesterday after the 1st service. I must say they did a decent job with limited resources at hand, the car was gleaming. I wanted them to install the original roof rails but due to the absence of the expert (he lives in the red zone) they could not do it. But I was promised that as soon as he's back, they will get it installed. Full marks to the team.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th May 2020 at 12:19. Reason: Spacing
theguardian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 15:56   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I was able to bring home my Nissan Kicks XV Diesel last Friday.
Hi Sahil! Congratulations on your new ride.
One of my friends is also looking for similar kind of deal in a BS4 diesel vehicle. Please let me know if you find another one like it. He is looking at Ecosport Diesel BS6 for now.
buntee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 17:40   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Hi Sahil! Congratulations on your new ride.
One of my friends is also looking for similar kind of deal in a BS4 diesel vehicle. Please let me know if you find another one like it. He is looking at Ecosport Diesel BS6 for now.
Thanks Buntee90

Sure, I will let you know in case I come across such a deal. Meanwhile, you can check with dealers in Chandigarh. By the way, which city he is looking in?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th May 2020 at 12:18. Reason: Spacing
Old 23rd May 2020, 17:54   #664
BHPian

He is looking in Delhi and Gurugram but Chandigarh will also do !
Old 24th May 2020, 11:21   #665
Distinguished - BHPian

How I wish Nissan would give us the 1.7 DCI Diesel engine in the Kicks! Developed ground up by the alliance in 2018, it is a modern 4 cylinder 16 valve turbo diesel, that develops 150 HP and 320NM and gets even a larger and heavier car like the Nissan Qashqai to 0 to 100 km-h in around 9.5 seconds. In the lighter Kicks, it would probably achieve that in 8.5 seconds. It is natively Euro-6 compliant and can be mated to a 6 speed manual or XTronic CVT and can be had with 4wd gear as well. The beast can tow up to 2000 kg! The engine is supposed to be very refined and quiet and is a modern diesel developed recently, after the dust settled and lessons were learnt from Dieselgate. While many major auto companies like Toyota and VW just simply stopped making new diesels, Nissan and Ford continue to make brand new Diesel engines from ground up.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th May 2020 at 11:27.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 11:48   #666
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
How I wish Nissan would give us the 1.7 DCI Diesel engine in the Kicks! Developed ground up by the alliance in 2018, it is a modern 4 cylinder 16 valve turbo diesel, that develops 150 HP and 320NM and gets even a larger and heavier car like the Nissan Qashqai to 0 to 100 km-h in around 9.5 seconds. In the lighter Kicks, it would probably achieve that in 8.5 seconds. It is natively Euro-6 compliant and can be mated to a 6 speed manual or XTronic CVT and can be had with 4wd gear as well. The beast can tow up to 2000 kg! The engine is supposed to be very refined and quiet and is a modern diesel developed recently, after the dust settled and lessons were learnt from Dieselgate. While many major auto companies like Toyota and VW just simply stopped making new diesels, Nissan and Ford continue to make brand new Diesel engines from ground up.
Lol. Really? You are expecting this kind of progress from Nissan or even Renault.

Do you know we didn't even know that the Duster parked in the Renault hall in Auto Expo was 1.3L turbo petrol.

That itself was a huge shock to us.

Expecting the 1.7L DCI engine from them is like expecting the mountain to move over the mole hill.

A brand struggling in the market can't make such huge decisions. The 1.3L Tce itself is a step in the right direction and pleasant to see.

Baby steps as they call it.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 23:46   #667
BHPian

I got an opportunity to take my Kicks to the Sambhar lake, around 80kms away from Jaipur. It is just breeze to drive on the highways. Midway through the trip I realized that Eco mode was on. After switching it off it just wallowed through the highways. It tackled the bad roads on District roads with aplomb.
Used cruise control too and it was convenient to say the least. However, need to test it once the traffic on the highways gets normal.
Some pics from the trip:
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-0ca9d811a6b84b97917202bbc8852b2e.jpeg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-499ef30203114fdc9c3d06fcfc2206a0.jpeg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-82ab9e289a0347efbf97e60315a09a41.jpeg  

sahil624 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 18:31   #668
BHPian

Quote:
I got an opportunity to take my Kicks to the Sambhar lake, around 80kms away from Jaipur. It is just breeze to drive on the highways. Midway through the trip I realized that Eco mode was on. After switching it off it just wallowed through the highways. It tackled the bad roads on District roads with aplomb.
Used cruise control too and it was convenient to say the least. However, need to test it once the traffic on the highways gets normal.
Some pics from the trip:
Nice clicks of your Kicks Sahil. I feel the switching on the Eco-mode just reduces the Air conditioning and it has nothing to do with engine or performance . Thankfully in the new Kicks they have removed this gimmicky feature and used that switch for Idle start-stop system which I feel is more useful.

Although Eco-mode might reduce fuel consumption, we could do that directly with AC controls, why waste a switch and call it Eco-mode.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 19:04   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Nice clicks of your Kicks Sahil. I feel the switching on the Eco-mode just reduces the Air conditioning and it has nothing to do with engine or performance .
Thank you.
I noticed at the end of my trip that Eco mode was switched on by me inadvertently. The Eco mode ON signal on the meter isn’t noticeable, so ended up the whole trip with Eco mode on. With Eco mode off the AC is really good.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 09:17   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some pics from the trip:
Hi, I thought yours is an XV Diesel, does it have cruise control? From what I remember, only the XV Premium and Premium(O) had cruise control in the BSIV range (it is the same in the new BSVI line up as well). Perhaps yours is an XV-Pre?
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 10:10   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I thought yours is an XV Diesel, does it have cruise control? From what I remember, only the XV Premium and Premium(O) had cruise control in the BSIV range (it is the same in the new BSVI line up as well). Perhaps yours is an XV-Pre?
Yes BS4 XV configuration is now XV Premium in BS6. There was no XV Pre (O) in BS4.
, The top end was XV Premium earlier. So BS4 XVs have Cruise control.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 10:36   #672
BHPian

Quote:
The variant rejig happened somewhere around August last year with the introduction of new base variant XE. Subsequently, XV Premium (O) became XV Premium and XV Premium became XV and so on.
Old 26th May 2020, 10:37   #673
BANNED

Quote:
It is just breeze to drive on the highways. Midway through the trip I realized that Eco mode was on. After switching it off it just wallowed through the highways. It tackled the bad roads on District roads with aplomb.
When you say 'wallowed' , is it a compliment ?

How are its highway manners ? This SUV seems to tick a lot of boxes at this price point.

I could be interested in the petrol version by the year end. Maybe I should even start looking for a sparingly used pre-worshipped Kicks.

Last edited by fiestarry : 26th May 2020 at 10:43. Reason: fixed quotes
fiestarry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 10:58   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
When you say 'wallowed' , is it a compliment ?

How are its highway manners ? This SUV seems to tick a lot of boxes at this price point.

I could be interested in the petrol version by the year end. Maybe I should even start looking for a sparingly used pre-worshipped Kicks.
Yes I meant it as a complement.
The highway manners are really good. Its stable at high speeds. I was concerned about it being underpowered on the highways but my fear was allayed with my first drive on the highway. It never felt underpowered! However, I have not driven the Petrol version.
Also, if you are looking to buy at the end of this year, you can take a look at the newly launched turbo petrol too. I think by the end of this year you can get some good discounts on the vehicle.
Old 2nd June 2020, 16:37   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

A walk-around video of the 1.3 turbopetrol XV Variant (in Malayalam). The guy does not say which variant it is throughout the video and only clarifies later in the comments.

84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks