Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:50   #676
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Hoping this gives you some insights about Kicks.
So had my Kicks Diesel serviced yesterday for 10,000 km. I had taken it to YouWe Nissan at Okhla, Delhi. They have a respectable size workshop with 6 hydraulic lift bays and other sections. Mostly Datsuns and some Terranos, along with Micra were present.

The service advisor listed the necessary changes and balancing, alignment (which I had refused). Total Bill amounted to INR 2,827/- I must give credit to the cleaning department, they were at it for almost an hour and did a 'clean' job Overall the jobs done and fixed, were explained well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-new-doc-20200621-12-41.jpg  

Diesel_Drives is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 07:24   #677
BHPian

Why Nissan Kicks didn’t sell in India!

sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 18:52   #678
BHPian

Hello,

I happened to find this ownership experience video by Motor Octane of Nissan Kicks. The owner complains about fit & finish & several noises the car makes while driving on a highway. Please have a look.

I hope this is just one bad example.

Neo

Last edited by neo_narender : 3rd September 2020 at 18:57. Reason: Removed unnecessary detail.
neo_narender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 20:04   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Hello,

I happened to find this ownership experience video by Motor Octane of Nissan Kicks. The owner complains about fit & finish & several noises the car makes while driving on a highway.
This maybe a lemon car. I can relate with the owner as I am also living with a Lemon car (TUV 300 AMT), had escalated so many times to M&M and always same scripted response from M&M. I faced issues from 1st month itself and even after 3.5 years of ownership, many issues cropping up.

Unable to sell it at decent price as market is already aware of the AMT issues. Cannot live with it due to issues. Never expected such product from Nissan. I took a TD of Diesel Kicks and did not find any such issue, it was solid build.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 18:19   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post

I hope this is just one bad example.
That is a defective piece for sure. The odd lemon that gets rolled out from factories landing up with an unlucky owner.

As much as we would like these big manufacturers (who spend millions on R&D and quality checks) to completely eliminate these lemons, I guess it just does not happen!.

Something goes wrong with the very foundation of the car at the very initial phase itself and carries on till delivery time.

But what are their follow up actions on these? That differentiates the customer centric companies from the others.

Do they replace the car itself, which is the best case scenario for the customer, or 100% transform the car completely?

From whatever little knowledge I have, I think a car that comes out of the assembly line defective just does not get better whatever they replace later on. Or even if it does, the owner is left with a sour taste in his mouth and loses the trust/reliability factor.

Interesting that he suggested to blindly go for the Creta . All those recently discussed quality issues with Hyundai and the braking issues with Creta came to my mind.

Well Hyundai has sold lakhs of Cretas, so again same theory.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 13:13   #681
BHPian

Quote:
So had my Kicks Diesel serviced yesterday for 10,000 km.
Update @ 20,000 kms service for Kicks Diesel

Since last when I got the car serviced, now there is only 1 Authorized service point for Nissan in Delhi i.e. YouWe Nissan, Okhla. So it had to be default Choice. This time around I was caught up at work, so couldn't take the car myself. Noteworthy points :

- Some of the wheel bolts had turned rusty post the delivery of the car. The showroom manager got it covered under warranty and got all of them replaced.

- The Aircon randomly stopped throwing air from vents, while still running and making noises (I thought the pipes were freezing up from possible gas leakage). To which they explained that this was an update from Nissan India and needed to be updated by Laptop (wherein the internal temperature was set too low and hence the Aircon was tripping and freezing up)

- Their Diesel filter is priced ~INR 2800, to which I expressed surprise. The advisor honestly admitted that Duster is about 1800, Terrano is about 2200 while Kicks is about 2800!

- Jarring noise appears to be coming from the odometer panel (specially in lower speed and bigger gear scenario)

Overall bill was for INR 10,200, which is more expensive than similar service of Renault Duster in the past. Hoping this range stays in manageable band.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-presentation1.jpg  

Last edited by Diesel_Drives : 30th October 2020 at 13:15. Reason: Spelling
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 13:54   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Update @ 20,000 kms service for Kicks Diesel

- To which they explained that this was an update from Nissan India and needed to be updated by Laptop (wherein the internal temperature was set too low and hence the Aircon was tripping and freezing up)

- Their Diesel filter is priced ~INR 2800, to which I expressed surprise. The advisor honestly admitted that Duster is about 1800, Terrano is about 2200 while Kicks is about 2800!

Overall bill was for INR 10,200, which is more expensive than similar service of Renault Duster in the past. Hoping this range stays in manageable band.
1.The issue with air con interrupting during long drives is being faced by many with late 2019 to early 2020 buyers. It is being rectified by a software update.

2. https://www.facebook.com/Wheel-O-Par...1879064897151/

For my kicks 2nd service they used a different part number 164034510R (fuel filter car-) with the price of Rs.2226/-. But recently they are using part number 164000802 ( kit diesel fuel) Rs.2849 for everyone. May be some update in the kit or just the part number to compensate the increase in costs.
Below is my 20k service bill and they have also replaced pollen filter costing Rs. 546 and in your case it has not been done. Nissan kicks scheduled service requires pollen filter to be changed in every even number of service order such as 2,4,6,8,10 etc.
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-bill.jpg

My Car is under Nissan care which is zero for 10,20,30k odo oil service and I have also purchased 40k 4th and 50k 5th by paying Rs 23,399.

If you totaled up the bill of mine then it costs Rs.8217 which is inclusive of wheel alignment plus balancing costing Rs.1179. Else Rs.7038 would be the service costs which is nominal for a 14 lakh worth car. Nowadays even 5-8 lakh hatch is costing as much as Rs.5000 for a service.

I see in yours they have done EGR clean 960, front caliper RP- replace? 840, engine care Rs 750, lubrication rs 1180 an increase totaling to Rs 3730 charged for extra items. Sanitation of 169 rs is negligible though.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th October 2020 at 19:04. Reason: Image orientation corrected
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 14:28   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
For my kicks 2nd service they used a different part number 164034510R (fuel filter car-) with the price of Rs.2226/-. But recently they are using part number 164000802 ( kit diesel fuel) Rs.2849 for everyone. May be some update in the kit or just the part number to compensate the increase in costs.

I see in yours they have done EGR clean 960, front caliper RP- replace? 840, engine care Rs 750, lubrication rs 1180 an increase totaling to Rs 3730 charged for extra items. Sanitation of 169 rs is negligible though.
We need to watch out for the part number of Filter (and price) in following services or from different geographies to unravel this mystery

Regarding the extras : I wasn't able to take the car in this time and was held up during the day. By day end when he told me the break up of invoice, I was already poorer by this extra amount.

This is why we need more servicing records available on TBhp. So is your 30k service done already?
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 14:44   #684
BHPian

Quote:
We need to watch out for the part number of Filter (and price) in following services or from different geographies to unravel this mystery

This is why we need more servicing records available on TBhp. So is your 30k service done already?
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img20201027wa0021.jpg

This 2nd service bill belong to https://www.facebook.com/bharat.pareek.752/ from delhi, got from our kicks whats app group. His invoice also carries the new part number.

I just noticed your 10k service bill from top of this page that they have not changed pollen filter or fltr pass compt (either of this used as billing names ) in first service also. Considering your quick 20k run odo and being at smoggy Delhi, I would advise you to check your pollen filter with the service people and replace it. It is positioned at the left of drivers foot well and takes more than an twisty yoga exercise to access the latch. leave it to them. May be for this extra effort they did not change it?

Last edited by jeganatu : 30th October 2020 at 14:47.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 12:19   #685
BHPian

I went to Delhi for a weekend from Raipur and had some luggage hauling to do from Aligarh UP to Delhi, so decided to book a self drive car with decent bootspace and ground clearance(read UP roads), So after a big brain storming session of all the P&Cs of kilometeres, fuels and everything in between, I decided to rent one from mychoice selfdrive rentals -A Nissan Kicks. To my surprise the cars was a top of the line XV Premium D. I did a 500km drive in and around Delhi and UP. Following are my observations after the drive.

Likes-
  • Looks beautiful with white and orange dual tone
  • Led headlights are a looker in the night
  • Ride quality on highway undulations, specially at flyover joints
  • Respectable body control for a tall crossover (mind you this is coming from someone who drives a low slung Rapid dsg)
  • Leather on the dash felt premium
  • Frugal engine with sufficient grunt

Dislikes-
  • Low speed ride quality sucks
  • I know rentals are bashed up cars but for a 13k driven car the interiors were way to rattly
  • Ergonomics is bit messed up, it takes a while getting used to
  • Led headlights were more of a show than go
  • Fit and finish needs a improvement
  • Interior doesn't make you feel that you are in a 1.5 million rupee car
  • Steering had a very strong kickback

Let pictures do the talking-

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20201029_125857.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20201029_195518.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20201029_141252.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20201028_180958.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20201029_141240.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img_20201029_141228.jpg

Cheers!
sachin_cs is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 18:29   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Interior fit and finish and interior quality
I will not make any judgement on these aspects on a self driven car!. When I took a look at the demo car at Surya Nissan, the interior quality was top notch .
Old 7th December 2020, 14:44   #687
BHPian

Quote:
This is why we need more servicing records available on TBhp.
Nissan addressed our queries and concerns to some extent. I had read about the service cost estimator on Magnite thread and thought of making note for Kicks myself. So attached is the sheet which shows the suggested component changes and price indication at different intervals for Nissan kicks Diesel.

https://www.nissan.in/services.html is the link for checking service costs for different Nissan models in India.

Interestingly as per the link, irrespective of number parts/components changed, the Labor costs remain to be the same throughout?
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-nissan-servicing.jpg  

Diesel_Drives is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 20:58   #688
BHPian

Completed a 750 kms trip on my Nissan Kicks diesel. The journey was not tiring for the major part of the journey. However, during the last 100 kms I had a slight pain in the right knee. Overall, the performance of the Diesel engine was pretty good and never felt any lack of power during the overtakes. But, one needs to be in the right gear to and apt rpm to overtake flawlessly. The FE returned was 18kmpl which was a bit disappointing IMO. In a similar journey, about a month ago, I got 19kmpl. One question, is this mileage okay or am I being over-optimistic in expecting a higher FE?

Also, just before the start of journey the vehicle had a freak accident. My father parked the vehicle early in the morning, to save us some time, and forgot to engage the hand brake. It rolled down the slope, ramming into the gate resulting in damage to bumper and broken headlight.

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-4b3e69c44f7d445397dcc13edb82c820.jpeg

Checked with the Nissan workshop and they would need to replace the whole headlight and that would cost near to Rs.23k and the bumper will cost around Rs.8k. It should be covered under insurance.
For bonnet, they are saying that a repair job should be good enough. Let’s see, will make a visit to the service centre on Monday due to impending trip on Saturday.
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 22:38   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
One question, is this mileage okay or am I being over-optimistic in expecting a higher FE?
18/19 kmpl is very decent FE for this segment. Enjoy the vehicle and drive.

Quote:
replace the whole headlight and that would cost near to Rs.23k and the bumper will cost around Rs.8k. It should be covered under insurance.
That's the price for a projector headlamp. For reference I'm sharing the price of similar part from Maruti

Baleno
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-baleno.jpg

S-Cross
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-s-cross.jpg

Quote:
For bonnet, they are saying that a repair job should be good enough
Damage looks minimal, repair job should be fair enough.
Mr.Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 23:22   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
[ATTACH=IMG20201027WA0021.jpg]
Why did they do EGR cleaning in 2nd service itself, no wonder 2nd service bill came to 8k.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks