Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2020, 20:53   #691
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

I did a 170 kms short trip today on Nissan Kicks Diesel. It was a route with less truck traffic and boy it was bliss to drive on such a road. I got to use Cruise Control for around 30 kms each way, the highest I’ve used it till now, and it was so relaxing to cruise at 85-90 kmph. Plus, the positive impact on FE was good to see. I got 19.2 kmpl as per MID (the reading on MID is pretty accurate). However, the AC was not working fine. I set the AC in Auto mode at 23 degrees, but it felt suffocating inside. Now that I think, it may be due to outside temperature less than 23 degrees today.
sahil624 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 21:06   #692
BHPian

I think the Nissan dealerships are overwhelmed with the response they are getting for Magnite. I registered my interest on Nissan website and selected a dealer closer to my location. No one has contacted me from last 1 week. I even tried to call few dealerships, one of them gave another number which the person was not lifting and not responding on WhatsApp. Another dealer was not lifting the call at all. I am in my hometown and there is not dealership here to visit in person.

If this is the level of sales response, I wonder what will be the service response. Literally losing customers, Nissan has to pull up it's socks and get this fixed ASAP. I even emailed the customer service today morning, no response yet. Not even acknowledgement email. I wanted to know about offers and discounts, the online sites are showing 50k+10k discounts. No mention of corporate discounts or dealer level discounts anywhere.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 17:52   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I registered my interest on Nissan website and selected a dealer closer to my location. No one has contacted me from last 1 week. I even tried to call few dealerships, one of them gave another number which the person was not lifting and not responding on WhatsApp. Another dealer was not lifting the call at all. I am in my hometown and there is not dealership here to visit in person.
Just an update on my issue. I was finally contacted by Nissan customer service today and they arranged for a call back from Gachibowli dealer. The dealer has shared inventory details and quotation. Good to know there are people from Nissan in this forum looking after their company.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 12:43   #694
BHPian

Hi Guys. A peculiar thing is happening with my Kicks. While I was on a drive on the highway, the AC vents started throwing out warm air and there was a slight burning smell in as if the heater was on. I was driving on a chilly morning with outside weather being around 8 degrees. Anyone else noticed this problem? Kindly note the AC was not on.

Update on the repair work. They did a fabulous job in the painting work. The total cost came around ₹44k and most of it was covered under insurance.The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-6475b15185354acf8e9ebe070a82165d.jpeg
sahil624 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 13:24   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi Guys. A peculiar thing is happening with my Kicks. While I was on a drive on the highway, the AC vents started throwing out warm air and there was a slight burning smell in as if the heater was on. I was driving on a chilly morning with outside weather being around 8 degrees. Anyone else noticed this problem? Kindly note the AC was not on.

Update on the repair work. They did a fabulous job in the painting work. The total cost came around ₹44k and most of it was covered under insurance.
What was the (Auto)AC temperature you had set. I guess the AC was trying to maintain temperature as per your command. Since it was 8 degrees outside it was warming up the interior. Burning smell is not persistent is Okay IMO.

The paint work looks flawless BTW.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 14:14   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
What was the (Auto)AC temperature you had set. The paint work looks flawless BTW.
The AC was set at 22 degrees but it was not ON. Does it try to maintain the temperature even in the OFF state?

About the paint work, I was very apprehensive about the paint work, but it is just perfect.
Old 27th December 2020, 16:14   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Might be a silly suggestion but happened to my friend's indica - please check the fan on opening the bonnet to maku sure nothing is stuck. In my friend's case, a piece of cloth was left there after service.
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 22:22   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The AC was set at 22 degrees but it was not ON. Does it try to maintain the temperature even in the OFF state?

About the paint work, I was very apprehensive about the paint work, but it is just perfect.
Sorry I seem to have erred in not reading your post thoroughly, especially where you mentioned that the AC was not switched on.

Since your car was freshly repainted, some foreign material may he been left/ dropped in engine bay (it could also be over-sprayed paint in near engine). Better get it checked if it's persistent. If not, leave aside any worry & enjoy your car.
Old 27th December 2020, 22:35   #699
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ompressor.html (Winters : Use Heater with or without compressor?)
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 21:52   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
If not, leave aside any worry & enjoy your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Might be a silly suggestion but happened to my friend's indica - please check the fan on opening the bonnet to maku sure nothing is stuck. In my friend's case, a piece of cloth was left there after service.
Thank you for the solutions provided.

I would also like to add that this problem only arises while driving on the highway when I drive within the city, there is no such problem.
Old 29th December 2020, 00:33   #701
BHPian

Quote:

I presume your recirculation mode was set to fresh air mode when this happened. See if this still happens when recirculation mode is enabled. When set to fresh air mode, outside air will enter your cabin even if your AC is off. This happens in all cars.
The volume of air through the vents will increase as your speed increases. And hence you notice it more in the highway compared to the city. If the set temperature is higher than the outside temperature the system will let hot air in.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 22:27   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I presume your recirculation mode was set to fresh air mode when this happened.
Hi, my AC was turned off when this happened. Also, when I turned the AC on, it stopped throwing warm air. Let’s see if I get the same problem, I have a big road trip coming up this Sunday.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 09:38   #703
BHPian

Hello all, update from the long 750 kms on Sunday. I did not face the issue of warm air out of AC vents. It was a smooth drive mostly. However, there was dense fog after Ajmer which was pretty scary.
I filled up diesel from Reliance bunk and the engine was noticeably smoother. But, there was no impact on the mileage, MID shows 18.2 kmpl.
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-18adbe4ae2da4538926e03fc64bc0479.jpeg
sahil624 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 16:47   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Update @ 20,000 kms service for Kicks Diesel
Update @ 30,000 kms service

Mostly routine tasks. There weren't any major issues in the car, except for the Horn (instead of dual, it used to go mono at times). Thanks to @jeganatu and Nissan India (for providing the service wise component changes), I was better aware of the necessary changes.

Only additional things that I got done was Pollen Filter Change (not done at 20k) and Brake Caliper Cleaning and Greasing. Interestingly, the moment I mentioned of Nissan service calculator to the SA, he started terming the service components/changes as Suggested (Mandated) and 'Value Added' (Meant for milking customers)

In addition, came across a useful link for the Value added services pushed at us during routine servicing of our vehicles : https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...service-403593

Happy Motoring!
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-new-doc-20210111-13.18.40.jpg  

Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:57   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all, update from the long 750 kms on Sunday. I did not face the issue of warm air out of AC vents. It was a smooth drive mostly. However, there was dense fog after Ajmer which was pretty scary.
I filled up diesel from Reliance bunk and the engine was noticeably smoother. But, there was no impact on the mileage, MID shows 18.2 kmpl.
Attachment 2102856
Hopefully the AC problem didn't recur.

Silver looks sharp on this car
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks