Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2018, 09:19   #256
BANNED

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Which really is a stupid thing to do as indian consumer perceives india specs as inferior (and it is inferior normally) to Global specs. As someone said correctly, perception is bigger than reality.
I believe a vast majority of Nissan customers are knowledgeable and in this age of Internet people should get the required information. Nissan also should need to mention all these in their advertisements too. If you view it from another angle, they are saying ‘India spec’ for Nissan does not mean ‘Inferior’. Swift is still preferred among lot of bhpians here even after knowing the crash ratings, do you still believe a common man’s perception will change based on a ‘marketing word’?.
Old 15th December 2018, 11:18   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I believe a vast majority of Nissan customers are knowledgeable and in this age of Internet people should get the required information. Nissan also should need to mention all these in their advertisements too. If you view it from another angle, they are saying ‘India spec’ for Nissan does not mean ‘Inferior’. Swift is still preferred among lot of bhpians here even after knowing the crash ratings, do you still believe a common man’s perception will change based on a ‘marketing word’?.
If you go through the previous few pages of this discussion you will get answer to this question. People are particularly cribbing about this fact. It's a well known fact in auto experts community india-speccing happens for Suzuki and Hyundai, but you will not find single thread on their weaker platform spec on team-building, or atleast auto-afficionados and end-customers are not aware about it.

So far what I see I like this product from Nissan . It seems better or at par with Hyundai Creta with better engine spec and definitely much better interiors.

I am though looking at MG-3 right now which looks awesome for its segment. Looks like something which can compete with BMW, 4-Rings or Jags. Amazing time for SUV lovers.

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2018 at 10:28. Reason: Merging back to back posts
anu21v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 13:31   #258
BHPian

Just because the Kicks is based on the old Duster platform, doesn't mean it won't be safe. Case in point - the Tata Nexon, based on the Indica Vista platform scored 5 stars.

If Nissan is confident that the Kicks is capable of scoring 4+ stars, they could volunteer to get it crash tested. It would serve as good PR, something the Kicks desperately needs right now.

That said, the car looks good, and I really like the styling and interior design. No A/T in a 2018 model is a huge downer. Nissan will have to be aggressive when it comes to pricing. I personally hope the Kicks does decently, but if it doesn't, us Indians can say goodbye to Nissan.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 15th December 2018 at 13:32.
Old 15th December 2018, 22:05   #259
BHPian

No dead pedal in kicks? And no space either to get something from aftermarket and fit here.

Is there any other car in the market not having dead pedal? I assume it would be hard time for anyone driving this car in B2B traffic.

Quote:
So far what I see I like this product from Nissan . It seems better or at par with Hyundai Creta with better engine spec and definitely much better interiors.
While the interiors look premium but the longer wheelbase and overall length should have resulted in better rear seats. Neither it has more knee room than Creta nor does it have thigh support matching Creta. Looks like the longer dimension of Kicks is only due to the sharp protruding curves at the back. And secondly, no dead paddle which I feel is not great.

But as per reviews, it handling is better than Creta. So, that's appreciable!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th December 2018 at 00:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
Old 15th December 2018, 23:25   #260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
No dead paddle in kicks? And no space either to get something from aftermarket and fit here.

Is there any other car in the market not having dead paddle? I assume it would be hard time for anyone driving this car in B2B traffic.
How does the lack of dead pedal make it hard to drive in B2B traffic?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th December 2018 at 00:37. Reason: Grammar.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 00:17   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Well I am a fan of dead pedal, I got it finally on my 3rd car and it's really better to drive with a dead pedal. I think #1 - it improves the mileage (as you take off foot from clutch) and #2 - it's relaxing every now and then when you have some free stretch even within city. On highway it's definitely more useful.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th December 2018 at 00:37. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 16th December 2018, 01:30   #262
Senior - BHPian

I barely had any expectations from the Kicks signing it off as a captur replica like what Terrano was to Duster but going by the reviews this looks really great. The dash with that soft touch treatment looks awesome. And I noticed quite a few reviews pointing the interiors being better than Creta which is something worth appreciation

Surround camera is a great feature for our super tight parking spots. My only gripe would be why did they leave the curtain airbags? Why stop at 4 airbags? Make it 6/7 and provide safety to all your passengers.

Hope they price this aggressively and the Kicks turns out to be what duster was to Renault, which probably would give them confidence to bring in the true global products to our shores

Creta anyways is severely overpriced. If any other product, be it kicks or the harrier can dent it's numbers , that would knock some sense into Hyundai and this segment would get some rationalization. Fingers crossed .

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th December 2018 at 01:34.
Old 16th December 2018, 08:58   #263
BHPian

Quote:
I drive on Delhi Gurgaon highway and in bumper to bumper traffic there are times when traffic halts and at such times I can't imagine putting foot under the clutch and then take it out again. I know what you meant though that how come I am taking foot off the clutch in such traffic. But practically I face this situation everyday and would love to have sometime where I can rest my foot without having to put it under clutch and take it out again and repeat this umpteen times during my journey to office and back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Creta anyways is severely overpriced. If any other product, be it kicks or the harrier can dent it's numbers , that would knock some sense into Hyundai and this segment would get some rationalization. Fingers crossed .

That's true. And one of my colleagues recently went to enquire about Creta and asked for discount. He was told that with such great sales numbers behind our back and with waiting period of 2 months even now, do you think we can offer discounts. He was told to pick any other car and he will get some discount but nothing on Creta.

And still it is the highest selling car in its segment .

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th December 2018 at 09:58.
Old 16th December 2018, 09:50   #264
BANNED

Quote:
Well I am a fan of dead pedal, I got it finally on my 3rd car and it's really better to drive with a dead pedal. I think #1 - it improves the mileage (as you take off foot from clutch) and #2 - it's relaxing every now and then when you have some free stretch even within city. On highway it's definitely more useful.
Regarding your point 1, no matter you have dead pedal or not a knowlegdable person will not ride their clutch. May be it’s a matter of getting used to. I never found it any better to have a dead pedal. I may find it better while driving an automatic car.
Old 16th December 2018, 12:09   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding your point 1, no matter you have dead pedal or not a knowlegdable person will not ride their clutch. May be it’s a matter of getting used to. I never found it any better to have a dead pedal. I may find it better while driving an automatic car.
Today's cars there is not much space between clutch and transmission tunnel. Also, there is a levelling issue, Clutch is placed so high (especially so in Nissan cars) that it's very inconvenient to take off your foot from clutch and put it on floor. Also in case of sudden requirements one always feels that his foot will get stuck below clutch or may not able to reach to clutch in time. So essentially driver would always keep its foot on clutch,pressing even so slightly. It's a tiring situation as well leads to clutch-riding all the time.

I always advocate for dead pedal as the cost-benefit ratio is immensely good for this feature.

PS: I own a MICRA which is smoothest car I own but I still find dead-pedal missing is an issue
Old 16th December 2018, 22:45   #266
BHPian

Checked out the Kicks at the the Autocar Performance show today.

It looks more like a jacked up hatch on stilts than a compact SUV like the creta . It's safe to say that it's road presence does not match the Creta or even the Captur for that matter.

Also apart from the leather dash the interior quality was nothing to write home about. Overall I expected more (assuming they are going to price it at Captur level)

The Marrazo and even the new overpriced CR-V were attracting more crowd than this. Surprising for a new launch in the Compact SUV segment, says a lot about Nissan's current position in the market
Old 17th December 2018, 21:48   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks Review - PowerDrift style!

volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 19:18   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan Kicks Review - PowerDrift style!
I think someone already posted this review earlier on this thread. However, here is the Overdrive review
Quote:
Should you buy one?
If you value being different, the Kicks is worth a look. It's good looking, it's fresh, and premium inside. It also offers a solid drive, but doesn't break new ground here. And that perhaps is its biggest problem (apart from Nissan's service network), as good as it is, it isn't different enough to challenge the best. If Nissan can get the pricing right, offering these premium features at the same or lower price point than the Hyundai Creta (so between Rs 9-14 lakh, ex-showroom), then it's got a fighting chance of changing some minds in its favour.
The full first drive review can be found here.
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 22:11   #269
BHPian

Kicks in general looks a much better offering when compared to the Captur. It has
1) Better looks to me at least.
2) Better quality and better looking interiors.
3) Better touchscreen
4) Better insulation as per reviews

But the biggest downer is still the seating position. Any reason why it is set up so high even in the lowest position? Captur also had this problem. This alone would in a way wipe out a chunk of prospective buyers who are taller like 6' and above!
Old 19th December 2018, 06:17   #270
BHPian

In a segment where 40-45% of the buyers go for an auto variant (petrol+diesel combined), lack of an AT will hurt kicks the most. I do not have the numbers to back this statement but came across these stats while working for an OEM. On top of this, the big exterior dimensions are not translating into interior space, something that the creta offers in abundance. Kicks surely does a lot of things but it doesn't have any USP apart from the around view monitor. I do not see it doing more than 1500 units a month. It will surely eat into duster numbers (which anyways are very low at 600-700 units) but creta will not face any heat from this.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks