Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2018, 10:50   #271
BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
the big exterior dimensions are not translating into interior space, something that the creta offers in abundance. Kicks surely does a lot of things but it doesn't have any USP apart from the around view monitor.

The protruding exteriors at the back have increased overall dimensions of Kicks but interiors are not that spacious.

But with Creta price hike in Jan 2019 may help Nissan which otherwise may not be able to sent Creta sales by much.
Lakwontsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 16:39   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
But with Creta price hike in Jan 2019 may help Nissan which otherwise may not be able to sent Creta sales by much.
Just Checking withs MODS, as per Team-BHP are we allowed to do a price speculation or Carry out a Pricing-Survey for any product?

Just for the record, I am not associated with a Car Mfg/ Car Sales company (not right now) Nor I am associated with any of the Media/Advertisement / Publication groups.

I see many comments here. I am hoping everyone is busy doing "Media Drives" as per the Nissan Communications.
Is team-BHP invited for this Rann of Kutch Event?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd December 2018 at 12:39. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 28th December 2018, 08:17   #273
BHPian

Just read an article that Kicks may be launched in Brazil with e-Power. Mileage estimated at 40KMPL. Well, this seems to be pretty interesting stuff. If that happens, Indian market may also get it soon after that.
Lakwontsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 08:38   #274
Senior - BHPian

While the Nissan Kicks may be a good crossover, I believe it's a case of bringing in too little too late. Also, going by what we all have seen of Renault/Nissan in the past, I have a gut feeling that they will price it into Creta territory and it will be dead as soon as it is launched Actually I am don't want to be negative here, but Nissan is already dead in India. To launch an new crossover in 2019 (which should have been launched some 2-3 years ago) and to name it "Kicks", is not a good marketing strategy. Seriously, who names their new to be launched car as "Kicks"??

Only time will tell how it fares, but I believe it won't be much of a different story than the Terrano/Evalia/Sunny/Micra etc.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 09:13   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
While the Nissan Kicks may be a good crossover, I believe it's a case of bringing in too little too late. Also, going by what we all have seen of Renault/Nissan in the past, I have a gut feeling that they will price it into Creta territory and it will be dead as soon as it is launched Actually I am don't want to be negative here, but Nissan is already dead in India. To launch an new crossover in 2019 (which should have been launched some 2-3 years ago) and to name it "Kicks", is not a good marketing strategy. Seriously, who names their new to be launched car as "Kicks"??

Only time will tell how it fares, but I believe it won't be much of a different story than the Terrano/Evalia/Sunny/Micra etc.
Aptly said. Kicks will be priced in Creta territory only (Ballpark) but they might undercut by a small margin. Aam junta will compare it with Creta 1.4 Diesel while Nissan might think that this rivals Creta 1.6 Diesel. This is bound to create a pricing disaster. But one ray of hope is a decently loaded base variant. Going by Captur base variant, i expect Kicks base to be equipped fairly. Again, this is a double edged sword. Decently loaded base will come with its own pricing, further pushing it closer to the Creta. Not many hopes from Kicks in terms of volumes but Nissan is anyways doing 400-500 units a month (minus Datsun) and any volumes added to that will be good to have.
Old 28th December 2018, 12:45   #276
Senior - BHPian

The other trouble with Nissan is that their show rooms do not have enough walk ins. With Renault, they get some amount of customers due to the Kwid and the Duster, whereas with Nissan, almost all their cars like Micra, Sunny and Terrano are almost dead and in fact micras and sunnys were only being bought by Ola taxi drivers. And they have not seen even a moderate success with Datsun.

So people need to walk in to a Nissan show room purely for the new Kicks! And that may require heavy marketing effort and an expensive one. The chances of it even being a moderate success would heavily depend up on a shocker price.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 16:54   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
To launch an new crossover in 2019 (which should have been launched some 2-3 years ago) and to name it "Kicks", is not a good marketing strategy. Seriously, who names their new to be launched car as "Kicks"??
The same very guys who named Duster for a SUV. Let's not forget we have had car names like "Laura" in this same market which was still reasonably successful.
Old 31st December 2018, 12:19   #278
BHPian

I just love the design. If I had not bought the Scross would have definitely gone for this one. They should have launched the AMT version. Same mistake was made with Captur. Biggest grouse for me in Scross as well.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 20:12   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

As launch nears Nissan Kicks arrive at dealerships.

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-2.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 21:22   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

In an action packed January, concerning launches, Nissan to launch its SUV on January 22nd.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th January 2019 at 21:23.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 22:15   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As launch nears Nissan Kicks arrive at dealerships.

Attachment 1833647

Attachment 1833648

Attachment 1833649

Link
Judging by the plates, these are one of the 40 odd press cars that were with us in the Rann of Kutch. They must be driven down - great opportunity for real world testing!

Guess they are palming them off to dealers as demos at an attractive rate!
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 22:21   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I just love the design. If I had not bought the Scross would have definitely gone for this one. They should have launched the AMT version. Same mistake was made with Captur. Biggest grouse for me in Scross as well.
Why do you wish AMT in a vehicle costing over 10 Lakh?
Old 5th January 2019, 09:20   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Judging by the plates, these are one of the 40 odd press cars that were with us in the Rann of Kutch. They must be driven down - great opportunity for real world testing!

Guess they are palming them off to dealers as demos at an attractive rate!
Hi Ajmat, any update on by when we can get your Driving experience for the Kicks - really looking forward to your views on the Kicks.
Old 5th January 2019, 11:27   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Ajmat, any update on by when we can get your Driving experience for the Kicks - really looking forward to your views on the Kicks.

I don't see how the driving experience is going to be any different than the Captur! Did we have any substantial difference between Duster and Terrano?
The only difference I forsee is the torque delivery that comes a tad bit earlier in the Nissan Terrano 110 ps. Other than that it's only the interiors and the feature set that is going to be different.
Old 5th January 2019, 11:58   #285
Senior - BHPian

Driving dynamics are very different, as I have driven Kicks/Captur extensively in the UAE. Pure automatics, though. Kicks is more sprightly and better around corners. Interiors are better appointed - My personal taste/opinion. I would choose Kicks over any mini-SUV in the market today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I don't see how the driving experience is going to be any different than the Captur!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks