Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 00:31   #331
BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
:
Even though we all love Team BHP's detailed official reviews, most of the general car buying public sadly relies on YouTube "reviewers" nowadays most of whom are all style and no substance. Most of them even don't have style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
None of the reviews of Kicks highlighted some of the red flags that I observed (primarily, the much higher driving stance than the Captur, and the low resolution display of the 360 degree camera).
I came across this review of Nissan Kicks, wich actually covers the interiors, exterior details and the drive experience along with the shortcomings, might interest you. As per the reviewer, driver do sits bit high, but head room is still sufficient and I find the resolution of the display better than Nexon if not Ecosport.

Things I loved or stand apart in Kick:
Soft touch leather on dashboard and door panels, looks really premium.
360 degree camera and I think it would be really helpful.
Exterior Rubber Cladding on the door panels which keeps the lower body dent free in case of mild hits.

Last edited by Highh5 : 16th January 2019 at 00:32.
Highh5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 08:59   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Only the Top end version was available, as usual. As per SA, ex showroom price of Top end Diesel will be around 15L. Kicks looks and feels solid.
Top end diesel at 15L Ex-showroom is DOA. Creta SX(O) CRDi is priced at that level with much better equipment (6 airbags, sunroof, wireless charging to name a few). On top of that, Nissan lacks popularity.

For Kicks to be in the consideration set of buyers, it cannot go beyond 14L Ex-showroom for the diesel top-end.
Old 16th January 2019, 22:04   #333
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Test drive cars are available at Cochin and the sales executive asked me to come in the afternoon tomorrow.
I took the test drive and found this to be a decent offering from Nissan.

Regarding the power I thought the Duster has more initial power where as this take some time to get into that zone. Will be great in highways.

Heard few comments on the high seating position and I found it to be fine. Arm rest at the front is useless and they should have included a sliding feature. As someone mentioned earlier I too found buckling of the seat to be a bit tough.

All in all I think Nissan got a winner but all depends on the service as I heard few horrible stories from a friend here at Cochin.

I hope the top end will retail some where between 14 to 16 Lakhs here in Kerala.
vdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 23:29   #334
BHPian

Another casual review .
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 11:59   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunshaunik View Post
Kicks is somehow caught in the middle and situation could get tricky for Nissan.
The Kicks makes a good case for itself,
1. Underpinnings from the Duster (a very good thing). We all know Creta, like any other Hyundai has got worst ride + handling for the segment.
2. Interior quality at par with the Creta and design + looks + leather bits make it much more plush than mundane and boring Creta interiors.
3. Dimensions better (bigger) than the Creta.
4. A sprightly petrol engine, watch Faisal Khan's review of the Captur petrol on youtube and you will know what I am saying (I shared the link a few posts back in this thread).

Honestly apart from the fact that the Creta is an established player and Hyundai's big and much better service network, objectively I see everything going for the Kicks except the too high driver's seat which will only be a problem for tall drivers.

IMHO, the Kicks is a better product than the Creta at a lower price range, but yes, pricing is the key. They just can't price it much above the Duster (which IMO is a steal at it's current price point). If I was in the market, I would wait for the Duster facelift (due mid-2019) as it the Kicks doesn't offer much compared to the Duster and the facelift will fix the single major flaw, it's interiors. Hydraulic power steering unit of the Duster is a big plus as well.
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 14:15   #336
BHPian

Variant and colors brochure released

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-2.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 17th January 2019 at 16:07. Reason: Adding watermarks
jeganatu is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 14:20   #337
BHPian

Spotted a bronze grey with orange top, last evening ( unregistered) at Parel in Mumbai. Looked odd in that combo, but overall similar in size to the Captur. If they had a AT option I'm certain they would give hyundai a tough time.
Old 17th January 2019, 14:43   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Spotted a bronze grey with orange top, last evening ( unregistered) at Parel in Mumbai. Looked odd in that combo, but overall similar in size to the Captur.
IMO, Captur also has odd looking colour combinations in the dual tone variants. These combinations make the exteriors look ugly. Single tone colour would be the best in both of these cars.

Last edited by RedStallion : 17th January 2019 at 14:50.
RedStallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 15:19   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Variant and colors brochure released
The base variant is equipped very well. XV variant has almost all the goodies for someone upgrading from A/B segments. It could be the VFM variant once the pricing is announced. Kudos to Nissan for such an effort.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 17:06   #340
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-leaked-411171

they missed to add, Via Team Bhp
Old 17th January 2019, 17:33   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have mentioned the source link at the bottom which takes directly to Team BHP post.
Old 17th January 2019, 17:37   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
They have mentioned the source link at the bottom which takes directly to Team BHP post.
Yes , Just saw it, tactically they have disguised under "source' hyperlinked to teambhp page, rather mentioning "team bhp " with hyper link.
jeganatu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 17:49   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Yes , Just saw it, tactically they have disguised under "source' hyperlinked to teambhp page, rather mentioning "team bhp " with hyper link.
OT:
That's how they link to all the source websites/images. So I don't think they'll give any special treatment in this case. For websites they have the link which says SOURCE and for images it says IMAGE SOURCE.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 19:00   #344
BHPian

The feature list is enticing me. However, Nissan should not be greedy in pricing the same and should learn from the failures of Renault Captur and Toyota Yaris.
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 20:04   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
I took the test drive and found this to be a decent offering from Nissan.

All in all I think Nissan got a winner but all depends on the service as I heard few horrible stories from a friend here at Cochin.

I hope the top end will retail some where between 14 to 16 Lakhs here in Kerala.
After watching a lot of reviews and going through this thread, Kicks really looks impressive. But there are lots of apprehensions about the service quality.

I do not know anything about the service centers in other cities, but I have experienced Nissan service for more than two years in Bangalore. There are four of them here and I have been to two of them for a couple of regular services and attended about four or five free check up camps that they regularly conduct once in few months.

Apart from these visits, I have also visited them for a couple of small miscellaneous jobs including fitment of some accessories.

Not ONCE have I walked away feeling dissatisfied! And what more I have walked away from every service camp with some goodies!. I have found nothing wrong in any of the jobs done, interactions, service quality, cost etc.

So Bangaloreans, go for the Kicks if you like it and meets your requirements!
Nalin1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks