Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 08:31   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Nissan introduces the Subscription model in India with Nissan Kicks!

Nissan India offers a subscription programme where owners can drive home a Kicks with 0 down payment and just pay a Monthly fee which is incl of insurance maintenance and 24x 7 roadside assistance.

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1.jpg

Source: Nissan

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd January 2019 at 08:32.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 09:14   #407
Senior - BHPian

Mental pricing. I saw it yesterday & IMHO it deserves to be priced just at par with Tata Nexon. And even then I'd say Tata servicing is better because they have AMC plans.

Any management that's keen on doing honest long term business would sort out fair ownership plans with Extended Warranty & AMCs, so that the customers joy of ownership isn't marred with quality & maintenance issues.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 23rd January 2019 at 09:21.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:50   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Source: Nissan
The subscription model looks interesting, especially in a time when people are moving towards Mobility. Though, Nissan should have given more details around this.

This is typical case of "Half knowledge is dangerous". With no more details available as of now apart from the 11Rs/km subscription thing, a lot of prospective buyers might prefer waiting rather than paying down-right for the car. Hope this does not back fire.
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:57   #409
BHPian

Diesel + Automatic is the combination that most customers look for in these pseudo suvs. I wonder why the manufacturers keep ignoring the setup? Atleast the petrol automatic should have been offered from day one.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:03   #410
BHPian

Looks like a failure to me as a product, lot of key elements are missed out. In my opinion its another Capture in making.
Old 23rd January 2019, 13:47   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
If I am in the market interested in both Kicks and the Creta, I will choose the Creta only for the reason that the indicator stalk is on the 'right' side.

Why can't Nissan just move the damn thing there ?
I drive a 2015 Micra and the indicators are on the right.

However, you should consider the fact that the engine, gearbox and steering setup is directly taken from the Captur (You should note that all Renault cars have the indicators on the left). Even the ugly volume control buttons behind the steering are the same.

Nissan has only invested in the packaging of this product, and ignored all other aspects, including the driving experience.
sdaityari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:36   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
Looks like a failure to me as a product, lot of key elements are missed out. In my opinion its another Capture in making.
Haven't driven it yet, but given the feedback of reviewers, Specs and particularly Pricing, I am reasonably sure its Dead On Arrival.

When A company is selling only 200-300 cars sales (nissan brand only) and launches a product which has almost no edge in any of the areas such as Feature set, Aftersales Service, Geographical Reach, Brand Value, Resale Values, Engine Specs, Mileage, Comfort or even Global-Prestige-of-the-Product and still prices it Head-on against a well-Entrenched Opponent (H-Creta) ; it reeks of mind boggling incompetence, lack of understanding of market and total apathy from the top Bros of Nissan India Team.

I wouldn't touch this product with a Barge Pole even for test drive. I just feel sad to see an impending demise of another global automaker in India.

Last edited by anu21v : 23rd January 2019 at 14:39. Reason: spellings
anu21v is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:56   #413
BHPian

Autocar India(Renuka) interviews Thomas Kuehl(President - Nissan India) & Peyman Kargar(SVP Africa, Middle East & India) about the SUV's value proposition, the company's dealership network and the new car subscription model, at the Kicks launch event.
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:51   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan and Renault should learn how to price a product correctly from TATA!

I do not see any point to go for a Kicks instead of the Harrier/S-cross/Creta or Ecosport.
If i want a petrol, will settle with the Ecosport or the Creta.

They are just bringing back their age old Duster with new shapes and new names. First the Captur, now the Kicks. Selling 'old wine in new bottle' with an increase in price tag wont save them.

Last edited by Samba : 23rd January 2019 at 15:55.
Samba is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:57   #415
Senior - BHPian

Somehow this launch seems to suggest that Nissan does not want to sell higher variant cars and wants to be happy selling the middle XV variant the most. To be fair, the XV does seem to have most of the important features and seems to be priced quite well as well. For me it seems to be a nice alternative to the now boring Creta and does seem to be a better car over all. Nissan cars in general are also reliable and hardy, but as mentioned earlier, service seems to be a big concern along with Nissan's sustainability in India.

Last edited by SPARKled : 23rd January 2019 at 16:19.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:08   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Nissan and Renault should learn how to price a product correctly from TATA!

I do not see any point to go for a Kicks instead of the Harrier/S-cross/Creta or Ecosport.
If i want a petrol, will settle with the Ecosport or the Creta.

They are just bringing back their age old Duster with new shapes and new names. First the Captur, now the Kicks. Selling 'old wine in new bottle' with an increase in price tag wont save them.
We know that Creta has been continuing its honeymoon period from the monthly sales perspective. Now after Harrier announcing its acceptable Price, at least the potential Creta Top-end buyers now have some option to look at Harrier, but definitely not Nissan Kicks.

Yesterday after seeing Nissan Kicks price, I was thinking that its a Dead on Arrival Product.

But today after seeing Harrier's Price tag, I can say that Nissan Kicks has really kicked its bucket.... RIP kicks....
pkothak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 22:34   #417
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Mental pricing. I saw it yesterday & IMHO it deserves to be priced just at par with Tata Nexon. And even then I'd say Tata servicing is better because they have AMC plans.

And why would you want a car which is a segment or a half above, to be priced at the sub 4m segment. Is it because of the engine size which they share for diesel? I understand your (and ours as well) frustration in getting a well rounded cross/suv, but leave aside the ownership/A.S.S. experience I dont find it a bad product at all.

May be 1 lac price lower, trim by trim in comparison to Creta would have brought the smile in you.

-Abhishek.
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 23:12   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
And why would you want a car which is a segment or a half above, to be priced at the sub 4m segment.
The customer decides based on his/her priorities & what's apparent to him, as to what segment the product belongs.

Just like although the Nissan Kicks has got atleast a few very very relevant ergonomic flaws (as pointed by fellow members here), yet you seem to believe it's a segment above Nexon.

Quote:
Is it because of the engine size which they share for diesel?
So engine displacement has 0 relevance to passenger cars in considering its segment?

Quote:
I understand your (and ours as well) frustration in getting a well rounded cross/suv,
wait, where's this coming from? How'd you conclude such absurd stuff?

Quote:
but leave aside the ownership/A.S.S. experience I dont find it a bad product at all.
To me (and to my understanding to the majority of normal people),a product includes the ownership experience. It's a passenger car that'll be used in our daily commute.

Doesn't it matter that regular usage would maybe possibly require specific warranty terms & some decent maintenance ?

Quote:
May be 1 lac price lower, trim by trim in comparison to Creta would have brought the smile in you.

-Abhishek.
Why on earth would that be true? When I'm specifically stating my opinion is largely based on how I thought it looked & what seems to be the ownership experience of Nissan products, what is unclear ?

Anyway, have a nice day.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 23rd January 2019 at 23:24.
Old 23rd January 2019, 23:47   #419
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The customer decides based on his/her priorities & what's apparent to him, as to what segment the product belongs.

Just like although the Nissan Kicks has got atleast a few very very relevant ergonomic flaws (as pointed by fellow members here), yet you seem to believe it's a segment above Nexon.

So engine displacement has 0 relevance to passenger cars in considering its segment?

wait, where's this coming from? How'd you conclude such absurd stuff?

To me (and to my understanding to the majority of normal people),a product includes the ownership experience. It's a passenger car that'll be used in our daily commute.

Doesn't it matter that regular usage would maybe possibly require specific warranty terms & some decent maintenance ?

Why on earth would that be true? When I'm specifically stating my opinion is largely based on how I thought it looked & what seems to be the ownership experience of Nissan products, what is unclear ?

Anyway, have a nice day.

Chill my dear fellow. You dissected my post much more than it warranted. I reiterate, shed a lac trim by trim as compared to Creta which it aims (considering sub par ownership /A.S.S. experience and brand pull) and I can vouch the very same customers, who decide which segment a car belongs, would buy this in lots . Peace.

-Abhishek

Last edited by e46 : 23rd January 2019 at 23:49.
e46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 07:50   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan India offers a subscription programme where owners can drive home a Kicks with 0 down payment and just pay a Monthly fee which is incl of insurance maintenance and 24x 7 roadside assistance.Source: Nissan
I bet they'll charge a limb as subscription. There's definitely a catch here! It's no wonder that leases haven't taken of in India. Instead could hire from Zoom Cars if you need to live with one for a few days!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks