Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2019, 18:04   #436
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Slowly this thread is turning into a Kicks versus Creta thread .

If I am looking for a proper 5-seater crossover (top most criterion) the Kicks easily scores over the Creta. Rest of the stuff come later. For me 5 need to be seated inside first before they start charging their phones wirelessly and enjoying the sunroof on their heads!.

Now if a 4 or a 4 and a half seater is fine, Hyundai's service network will tilt scales. Having said that, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts Nissan's service is absolutely fine in Bangalore though there are only 4 of them compared to Hyundai's many. How many do we need? I only visited two of Hyundai's SCs in 10 years of driving the Verna. The number of service centers is only for peace of mind. Mind you Hyundai's costs are not very reasonable and they hike their periodic maintenance charges every year.

Looks and styling are all very subjective, rest assured both cars will last looooong and munch miles and absolutely reliable.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 18:15   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks crosses 1000 bookings.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 19:11   #438
BHPian

I have zeroed into Kicks and now have to take a call between XL( base) and XV variant. Price difference is aprx 2.2lakhs. I wanted to know whether the XL's
2 din player can be swapped with pioneer 7inch android touch head unit without the wires being tampered? Does the wires need to be cut or can be jacked into the original socket? Can someone help me out in this. Please find the player here

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-sf.jpg
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 09:48   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
I have zeroed into Kicks and now have to take a call between XL( base) and XV variant.
Attachment 1843252
Between XL and XV variants, the XL surely makes sense because of the price difference. This is more true for the petrol variants where the XL takes advantage of the sub 10-lacs pricing as well. I am not sure about the Pioneer system that you have mentioned, but this swap should be easily manageable. You can check with the dealer as well for a swap with an AA enabled system, he will surely be able to comment better.
If not pioneer, the one available on the new GO/GO+ is also a good system. You can check for that as well.

The on-road price difference between XL and XV is not justified at all. XV offers only Touch system, reverse cam, 17-inch alloys, and rear wiper for that difference. Apart from the rear wiper, all other things can be managed within a budget of 70-80k (16-inch alloys, instead of 17).
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 10:20   #440
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have zeroed into Kicks and now have to take a call between XL( base) and XV variant. Price difference is aprx 2.2lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post

The on-road price difference between XL and XV is not justified at all. XV offers only Touch system, reverse cam, 17-inch alloys, and rear wiper for that difference. Apart from the rear wiper, all other things can be managed within a budget of 70-80k (16-inch alloys, instead of 17).
While I agree that the price difference between the two variants do not make sense at all, one additional important thing which the XL misses out on is the steering/stalk mounted audio controls. It is not only a convenience feature but an important safety feature as well IMO. It becomes more important when touchscreens get involved. I feel that the XV should still be the choice even though the difference between the variants is a bit too steep for what the XV actually offers. Not too forget the other additional features which you are going to get with the XV may not be deemed too useful but they will surely enhance your ownership experience over the coming years.
Old 31st January 2019, 10:28   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
While I agree that the price difference between the two variants do not make sense at all, one additional important thing which the XL misses out on is the steering/stalk mounted audio controls. It is not only a convenience feature but an important safety feature as well IMO. It becomes more important when touchscreens get involved. I feel that the XV should still be the choice even though the difference between the variants is a bit too steep for what the XV actually offers. Not too forget the other additional features which you are going to get with the XV may not be deemed too useful but they will surely enhance your ownership experience over the coming years.
Nissan kicks brochure says XV has steering mounted controls. But the 3d viewer in the kicks webpage misses the buttons and dummy is in place. Surely the spec sheet has error.
Xv will also miss chrome finish front a.c. vents, satin skid plate and chrome lining side cladding, back seat cup holder hand rest, contrast single stitch which are just fancy.
It do have rear camera, should be synch to irvm.

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-screenshot_20190129091315_chrome.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-screenshot_20190129091106_chrome.jpg

Last edited by jeganatu : 31st January 2019 at 10:34.
Old 31st January 2019, 10:32   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Nissan kicks brochure says XV has steering mounted controls. But the 3d viewer in the kicks webpage misses the buttons and dummy is in place. Surely the spec sheet has error.
I think the 3D viewer is wrong here, and not the spec sheet. It makes logical sense to give steering mounted controls when providing a touch system in such an expensive vehicle.

Although, i will not bet on this, knowing how Nissan functions
Old 31st January 2019, 10:36   #443
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 3d viewer is right and so is the brochure .

The XV variant comes with the 'steering stalk mounted control for audio and telephone'. Like in the Duster, Terrano and the Captur as well. Yes additionally, the top variants of the Duster, Captur and the Kicks come with 'steering mounted controls' for cruise control.

You can see the stalk in one of the pics posted below-

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-kicks-stalk.jpg

Infact you can see it in the image which you have shared as well-

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-xv-stalk.jpg

Last edited by AYP : 31st January 2019 at 10:43.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 19:11   #444
BHPian

Quote:
2 din player can be swapped with pioneer 7inch android touch head unit without the wires being tampered? Does the wires need to be cut or can be jacked into the original socket? Can someone help me out in this. Please find the player here
Where are you planning to get this done? Nissan has a list of accessories from which if you pick the touch screen HU, it will be installed without cutting of any of the wires. However there is no guarantee that an accessory shop will do the installation without fiddling with the original wires. I got the blaupunkt installed by Nissan and was just plug and play. They did not have any other brand like Pioneer or Sony. This was over a year ago. So you need to check.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 20:23   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks gets off to a decent start ( too early to conclude though), dispatches 1380 units in Jan-19.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st February 2019 at 20:25.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 20:30   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan Kicks gets off to a decent start, dispatches 1380 units in Jan-19.

Link

Count me in and +1 to the total dispatches. Just booked KICKs xv Orange color with 4th and 5th extended warranty with service pack.
Also planned to do some white touches like these.

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-k3.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-k2.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-k1.jpg

Last edited by jeganatu : 1st February 2019 at 20:35.
jeganatu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 20:43   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

At this price, my only question is if Nissan has improved build-quality and haptics (door-shut, button press feedback, wiper stalk solidity etc).. any accurate, unbiased view of the same?

Having sat in the Micra, the car felt so flimsy, the doors closed like refrigerator doors and overall plastic quality was horrendous. I know the Kicks have got that worked out with soft dashboard panels and all, but are the rest of the aspects like door hinges, door weight, stalks etc like typical Japanese cars.. flimsy, light and practical? Or does it have a touch of luxury and high-end haptics like Hyundai?

The Sunny was kind of OK in that department. I know the Teana was good, so Nissan does have some basic experience in luxury.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 22:43   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan Kicks gets off to a decent start ( too early to conclude though), dispatches 1380 units in Jan-19.

Link
Too early but worth mentioning. Especially considering the fact that Nissan has a very thin dealer network so TD and display cars amongst these 1380 will be pretty less. That means, rest all are stock or customer vehicles.

If Nissan is able to do 1500-2000 units a month, it will be a reasonable sucess IMO.
Old 3rd February 2019, 13:57   #449
BHPian

Accompanied my friend for his upcoming purchase and checked out Harrier, Kicks and Captur.
XUV 300 still not available in the showroom, as per them display and test drive vehicles will be arriving by 14th Feb.

One of the major considerations for the purchase is strict 14 lakh ex-showroom budget since it will be a company car lease purchase.

Harrier
Visited KHT motors, no test drive vehicles available yet.
Harrier's footprint is just too big. Spacious and everything well laid out. Driving position is bit awkward as everyone mentioned. If you try to raise your seat height, your left knee will rub against the dashboard.
Feature distribution across variants is bit uneven with most of the good features reserved only for the Top End Variant.
Ruled out of the list due to the size, and the variant which is falling under the budget has lot many features missing.

Captur
2 lakhs straight discount on 2018 stock.
Platine variant with LED HeadLight set up is certainly a looker.
Size of the car is just perfect for the city as well as highway drives.
Interiors are a major let down, hard plastics everywhere. Touchscreen is slow and laggy, even the Leather seats doesn't look premium.
Full marks to the SA for the route he choose for the test drive in order to exhibit the USP of car i.e, Ride and Handling.
Route was more of a off road track with steep highs and lows, along with broken roads all the way.
This car just glides over the broken and undulated surface, suspension set up and the ride brings up huge grin on my face which was actually dull after i saw the interiors.

Kicks
Whatever lacks bigtime in Captur, has been addressed in Kicks.
Soft touch Leather upholstery along with the matching leather seats does bring a sense of premiumness in the cabin.
8 inch floating screen resolution is good and even the touch is very responsive.
Center Armrest doesn't consists of any storage space and even the glovebox is tad too small.
Boot space is fairly big and generous.
Love the stance of the car, and 17 inch wheels fills the wheel well properly.
Car was away for a test drive, so test drive is still on the cards. May be covered next week when we check out few other cars.
Nissan Connect for 3 years, 3 years RSA, 3 years warranty and 3 years Service is included as part of the ex-showroom price.

As of now, Nissan Kicks is the one which impressed us. There is a Nissan XV Petrol getting ready for delivery and the interiors with soft touch leather are replaced with carbon fiber finish which was actually looking good, giving it an all black cabin feel. Showroom guys were mounting the Side steps on that car which were adding up to the aesthetics of the car considerably. As per them, they have around 100 bookings which I found bit exaggerated figure considering they have around 1500 bookings across India.

Cars not considered are Scross due to the National Engine, not anymore and Creta, since he drives i20, doesn't want another Hyundai and actually tired of heavy regular service bills.If nothing fits the bill, then Creta will be considered.
Cars which will be checked further XUV 300, Vento, Rapid and Hyundai Verna.

Last edited by Highh5 : 3rd February 2019 at 14:00.
Highh5 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 13:02   #450
BHPian

Got my Nissan Kicks diesel XV Orange color. Complelety satisfied with the overall product.

Yesterday made a round trip of 400km. 4-way laning was under process en-route Tirupur Coimbatore stretch. Suspension was too good, handled potholes with ease. It was tuned at optimal stiffness to give a comfort drive. However felt more noise from the (17 inch )tyre feedback on rough asphalt roads. And today found out over inflation by dealer (40psi) was the reason.
Steering was stiff and gave sturdy feel even at cruising speeds of120km on 4way (not sliky like creta).

Soon will post complete review.
Some pictures to rejoice.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-20190218_122310.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-20190218_122339.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-img20190215wa0094.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 29th April 2019 at 16:38.
jeganatu is offline   (43) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks