Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 12:52   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Denial in automative world means there is substance to the news.

Chevrolet India vehemently denied they were folding up operations and then left ubruptly.

Quote:
As late as April 2017, GM indicated to their (approximately) 150 dealers that the new generation Beat (small car from Chevrolet) would soon be launched. Rumors about a possible pullout of India by GE were denied.
http://www.thestorypedia.com/news/ge...others-follow/
Old 18th January 2020, 16:15   #602
BHPian

I bought my Nissan Kicks this month and I super excited about it.

I have attached some clicks of my car here.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-side-half.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-front.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-bmw.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-rear.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-f2.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-boot.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-side.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-duster.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-s3.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-phoenix.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-rear-2.jpg  

Godzilla is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 10:05   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Hey buddy, good morning and many congratulations!!

Kicks is a very capable car, a nice choice and the color too is very good. Drive safe and take care of your Kicks.
theguardian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 11:36   #604
BHPian

Awesome... This is one hell of a product let down by the company. They are not even offering auto option which could get them some footfalls. First time I have seen a Japanese company falter like this. Especially since Nissan is a big player worldwide

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd January 2020 at 10:23. Reason: Typo
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 19:57   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Looks awesome in Blue! May I ask, which variant is this and also what kind of deal/discount did you get in Chennai on it? Was tempted to consider the diesel Kicks, but a bit hesitant since Nissan has not announced steep price cuts on Kicks yet unlike what Renault did with the Duster and Captur, it's stablemates.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th May 2020 at 12:21. Reason: Typo. Renault Capture -> Captur. / Formatting quoted post
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 08:28   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Looks awesome in Blue! May I ask, which variant is this and also what kind of deal/discount did you get in Chennai on it? Was tempted to consider the diesel Kicks, but a bit hesitant since Nissan has not announced steep price cuts on Kicks yet unlike what Renault did with the Duster and Capture, it's stablemates.
Thanks! This is XV Diesel. I bought this in December offer. Good news is there are still good discounts.

My budget was around 14 Lakhs. I shortlisted top variants of EcoSport and Venue. One important feature I was looking for was ESP (Electronic Stability Program) so I did not go for the lower variants in Venue or EcoSport. I was leaning towards the EcoSport Sports diesel, it was 13.7 Lakhs on road Chennai. Then, I just test drove the Kicks just to check it off the list, found that it had much better space all around (rear seats and boot) but I knew it was a segment above in terms of pricing. But XL D variant of Kicks was 13.5 Lakhs Onroad and it had ESP (called VDC in Nissan) and it lacked some features that are not a must for me.

Then, Nissan sales rep communicated me on the employee referral offer. The on road price was 11.2 lakhs for XL D after discounts. 2.3 Lakhs is more than the interest I would pay over 5 years. Luckily I had someone I know working in Nissan factory. Took the decision after taking to my family to go with Kicks XL D. I paid the booking amount as well, however my wife and kid liked the blue color and the sales rep informed us blue is not available in XL D, (checked with other dealerships to find that discount is only on limited stocks and blue was not available). But blue was available in higher variant XV D, so we decided to upgrade, even XV D was 1 lakh cheaper than EcoSport S diesel at 12.7 lakhs onroad after discount so we went ahead. I am happy with the upgrade as it had keyless entry which I am finding very convenient. Also the LED lights make the vehicle look better.

Attached the latest price list. If you are looking to buy one I can check with my contact in Nissan factory for referral (Nissan employees get rupees 5000 from Nissan for Referrals, so they are willing to refer almost anyone).
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-778ca0b8af4b4fa8b00d17b18bca7a4e.jpeg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 08:59. Reason: Fixed typos.
Godzilla is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 09:29   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Love that blue colour, man! Looks really awesome. Havent seen too many Kicks in that colour. I always felt that the Kicks was a very capable car. Loved the solid build quality, the classy interiors and the nice robust stance of the car as well. With the current offers, it makes for a really good deal. Congratulations!
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 11:15   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Love that blue colour, man! Looks really awesome. Havent seen too many Kicks in that colour. I always felt that the Kicks was a very capable car. Loved the solid build quality, the classy interiors and the nice robust stance of the car as well. With the current offers, it makes for a really good deal. Congratulations!
Thanks Arindam. Your Swift Blue also is lovely. Blue is really a good choice, I am receiving more compliments just for the color. Glad we stuck with Blue.
Old 20th January 2020, 12:27   #609
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Godzilla,

That is a cracker of a car in smashing blue .

Munch miles, enjoy the car and drive safe.

Congrats once again for buying a car that you wanted to buy and not get sucked into the Indian herd mentality.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 14:34   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! This is XV Diesel. I bought this in December offer. Good news is there are still good discounts.

Attached the latest price list. If you are looking to buy one I can check with my contact in Nissan factory for referral (Nissan employees get rupees 5000 from Nissan for Referrals, so they are willing to refer almost anyone).
11.2L for XL and 12.7L for XV, is this price including everything? If so, that's a damn good price for the Kicks.

Is the Kicks diesel recommended at this point for someone, who will keep the car for at least 8 years? Considering the facts, that the diesel engine is going to be stopped and Nissan might actually be on its last legs?
I was considering getting some mid variant Seltos/Creta after a year. But the Kicks price seems tempting. Would love your opinions.

Last edited by ridehard : 20th January 2020 at 14:42.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 21:01   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
11.2L for XL and 12.7L for XV, is this price including everything? If so, that's a damn good price for the Kicks.

Is the Kicks diesel recommended at this point for someone, who will keep the car for at least 8 years? Considering the facts, that the diesel engine is going to be stopped and Nissan might actually be on its last legs?
I was considering getting some mid variant Seltos/Creta after a year. But the Kicks price seems tempting. Would love your opinions.

Yes, 11.2 for XL and 12.7 for XV are on-road prices in Chennai and includes everything (road tax, insurance, basic accessories).

I am drafting an ownership review in TBHP, hope to complete it this month. I hope to cover all the risks/negatives of buying a Kicks in that review.

If you are planning to buy one, please see below.

1. Inform the dealership sternly that you will need to Test drive the allotted vehicle before registration on a highway. Only book if this is allowed.
There is a left-pull issue with Nissan Kicks
and Renault Duster/Captur models. I am sorting this out with the Service guys. Currently, I am positive about solving this. Will cover this in detail in the review.

2. The discounted vehicles are manufactured in early 2019. You might get a vehicle which is 6-9 months old.

3. The color choices may be limited (please check before the booking amount)

4. Nissan dealership and ASS are generally below average. In my city, I went with the dealership with the best google ratings and they are quite responsive and professional.

Positives

1. The ride quality is just terrific. I test rode the Venue, Ecosport, Kicks, Harrier on the same road (with lots of potholes, speed-breakers, and rough patches) Kicks is better than all of them.

2. Venue and Seltos have better NVH levels. Ecosport had a much better steering response and drivability. Kicks is an allrounder it had a much better sense of space than Venue or Ecosport especially 3 seater back row, ESP, decent dynamics. The boot is significantly better than Seltos.

3. If you can stretch the budget by 3-4 Lakhs, eyes closed buy Seltos. It has its negatives (poor ride quality). Actually, the Venue had a better ride quality than Seltos. If you can live with a smaller cabin go for Venue.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd January 2020 at 10:27. Reason: Typo
Godzilla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 13:54   #612
BHPian

Quote:
There is a left-pull issue with Nissan Kicks[/b] and Renault Duster/Captur models. I am sorting this out with the Service guys. Currently, I am positive about solving this. Will cover this in detail in the review.
I read the post by MadrasTurbo last year and was sure to an extent that it's the same issue in my Nissan Kicks also. It took the service center around 8 days or so to diagnose and fix the left pulling issue.

I was given a reason that stock Apollo tires were defective so they changed all 5 tires under warranty. Furthermore, I didn't force them to reveal the exact reason as I was given an assurance that they will solve the issue. So maybe a defective steering assembly!

Bit of left/right pulling is normal when the road camber is towards left/right. But what I experienced was abnormal and I am sure your case also is not normal. So be positive and good luck!!

A small question, what is the date of manufacturing of your Kicks?
theguardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 16:10   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguardian View Post
I read the post by MadrasTurbo last year and was sure to an extent that it's the same issue in my Nissan Kicks also. It took the service center around 8 days or so to diagnose and fix the left pulling issue.

I was given a reason that stock Apollo tires were defective so they changed all 5 tires under warranty. Furthermore, I didn't force them to reveal the exact reason as I was given an assurance that they will solve the issue. So maybe a defective steering assembly!

Bit of left/right pulling is normal when the road camber is towards left/right. But what I experienced was abnormal and I am sure your case also is not normal. So be positive and good luck!!

A small question, what is the date of manufacturing of your Kicks?

Thanks for your inputs, The mfg month is Feb 2019 from the VIN, not sure how to find the date.

I did read the post by Madras Turbo. The issue with my Kicks is similar to the one. My vehicle pulls to left, found that the Right side front wheel Camber is out of spec. (Attached the alignment report here).

The Camber in Kicks is non-adjustable. The service center has updated me that they have done the below steps.

1. Fix Toe-in values
2. Rotate the wheels
3. Replace the Struts
4. Replace the lower control arm

Still, the Camber is out of spec and the vehicle pulls to left.

The next step is to replace the knuckle, The Service center is awaiting for the part to arrive. Hopefully, they will do this week.

They will update me if replacing Knuckle has solved the problem or not. If that doesn't fix it. They might try replacing the steering assembly.

I am eagerly waiting for the resolution. I am positive that this will be resolved.

One good thing is that I am learning more about Wheel alignment and suspension parts. Good thing, Bad thing, who knows?

See the video of the issue here.

Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-ff8cea2168ee456a888e6e9e0d618b54.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Simplified-solid-model-of-the-MacPherson-strut.pdf (66.3 KB, 141 views)
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 05:59   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla;4735442?[/B

See the video of the issue here.
You are veering dangerously away from the road my friend, that too with one hand on the steering. There are people on the road as well.

However we understood the problem.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd January 2020 at 09:42. Reason: Removing You Tube video URL from the quoted post.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:37   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
You are veering dangerously away from the road my friend, that too with one hand on the steering. There are people on the road as well.

However we understood the problem.
I tried my best to find the emptiest stretch of straight road and I was hyper aware of vehicles around me while doing this. I regret that I was not able find a road where there were no vehicles at all.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks