Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 19:50   #616
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Thanks for your inputs, The mfg month is Feb 2019 from the VIN, not sure how to find the date.

I am eagerly waiting for the resolution. I am positive that this will be resolved.

One good thing is that I am learning more about Wheel alignment and suspension parts. Good thing, Bad thing, who knows?

See the video of the issue here.
Hi Godzilla,

Do let us know on the progress made to fix the issue. Sad to know your experience with Nissan service. Is it in Chennai? Here in Bangalore, they are fabulous as I have posted many times in many threads.

Here is a weird idea. Maybe you can even bring down the car here to Bangalore and get it fixed at the company's expense if they are struggling to find a resolution.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 22:03   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Hi Godzilla,

Do let us know on the progress made to fix the issue. Sad to know your experience with Nissan service. Is it in Chennai? Here in Bangalore, they are fabulous as I have posted many times in many threads.

Here is a weird idea. Maybe you can even bring down the car here to Bangalore and get it fixed at the company's expense if they are struggling to find a resolution.
Thanks Nalin1, Today they have changed the knuckle and sent me a screenshot of Camber within specs. I really hope they deliver it tomorrow and all is good. Will update you
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 12:10   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Hi Godzilla,

I finally got this issue resolved.
They replaced the Front RHS Knuckle and this fixed the camber specs. The pulling has become neutral now. The vehicle pulls to the direction based on road camber after 5-7 seconds and I believe this is normal.

To ensure this is resolved,
  • I test drove a Suzuki Desire on the same road to find a difference, if any. I realized Suzuki Desire's steering felt really different, it tracked the direction of the steering and it felt it did not want to come to the straight position immediately and due to this it felt less affected by road camber when compared to Nissan Kicks.
  • I requested a cabwala (who drives an Innova) to drive the Kicks. He responded that the vehicle felt normal and there is no pulling issue as such. However, he described that there is a tiny bit of movement compared to Innova.
  • I extensively test drove and found that the car pulls in the direction of road camber that too after 5-7 seconds. So, it has become neutral.
  • Took to MRF Tyredrome to check alignment values and found all are ok within the specs.

Based on these observations, I concluded that
  • The issue of left pulling is resolved.
  • Steering is slightly more sensitive in Nissan Kicks. I do feel that the steering in Kicks is slightly more sensitive to road camber (which might be due to the design of steering components) when compared to Desire. I still need to test drive more cars to validate this. This is not an issue as such.

It took me some effort to solve this, however, I am happy that this is fixed now.

Last edited by Godzilla : 29th January 2020 at 12:29.
Godzilla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 12:57   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I bought my Nissan Kicks this month and I super excited about it.

I have attached some clicks of my car here.
Congratulations buddy on the new purchase, this color looks smashing good and quite unique on the roads. Also great job in updating your journey with the car, it is helpful in understanding Kicks better.

I too took the Nissan plunge in December 2019 and owned up a Kicks Diesel XL in process. I have done a Delhi-Udaipur and back trip in the 2k odd kms so far.

@Moderators, I know Team BHP reviews are a time consuming exercise and exhaustive in nature. Can we have a short drive experience/review for Kicks? Even after owing the other cars, I have always noticed to learn something new and interesting after reading the official reviews here.
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 14:15   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Congratulations buddy on the new purchase, this color looks smashing good and quite unique on the roads. Also great job in updating your journey with the car, it is helpful in understanding Kicks better.

I too took the Nissan plunge in December 2019 and owned up a Kicks Diesel XL in process. I have done a Delhi-Udaipur and back trip in the 2k odd kms so far.

@Moderators, I know Team BHP reviews are a time consuming exercise and exhaustive in nature. Can we have a short drive experience/review for Kicks? Even after owing the other cars, I have always noticed to learn something new and interesting after reading the official reviews here.
It would be great, if you can summarize and post your experience of the Kicks so far.
ridehard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 17:44   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
It would be great, if you can summarize and post your experience of the Kicks so far.
Hi ridehard, sure let me try to pen some noteworthy points about Kicks.

Looks/Build : Looks being subjective, but I find the crossover type silhouette better than stubby SUV profiles. Being on BO platform, some rigidity is carried on from the likes of Duster. The doors close with a thud, albeit it is less reassuring in the rear doors. I have the mid trim, without the faux leather treatment, so plastics though hard, are of acceptable quality. The black colored interiors and seats are fine with me.

Drivability/Ride : I have been cautious to keep the RPM range under 2500 so far, but even then with 5 passengers it wasn't much of a stress. The tuning is different from other K9k 110ps. So Kicks does about 92-93kmph at 6th gear/2000 rpm mark. In city conditions, you have to downshift to 1st gear moment you are close to 10-15kmph. So far I have driven it in city conditions for about 400 odd kms, it does require gear changes but you can find the sweet spot between acceleration vis-a-vis gear change. The clutch though, is on heavier side. I found the ride quality a bit stiffer than Dusters tuning, but it is pliant and absorbing through most undulations and bad patches.

Cabin/Boot/Ergonomics : The seats could be better cushioned, specially the front ones. Leg room at rear is better than Duster but not as much as Creta. Boot is squarish and can gobble up easily 3 big international luggage bags and more. Some quirks are still carried on from Duster, most noticeable being the high driver seat. Anyone over 6 feet will not be comfortable being at driver seat for long. It sorely misses cup holders and open-able arm rest. The glove box is small but deep. Thankfully, side door pockets can hold big bottles.

Others : The white LED light (DRL type) at front works as parking light and not DRL. The headlights and throw are just of average quality; given our highways and idiosyncrasies, definitely stronger ones are desirable. View in the rear mirror is but cramped, thankfully the rear sensors and camera work satisfactorily. Android auto is positive feature to have. I haven’t used their Nissan connect app much yet.

To Nissan or not : When time came to get it serviced at first 1k kms, I was travelling to Udaipur. Dealership there has shut shop but continues to service Nissan / Datsun cars. Seeing Kicks first thing that came to his mind was his inability to service Kicks. Upon telling him that it’s just the first check-up/top up 1k service, did he take in the car. Gives you a perspective about their frail dealership network and stories. GTO shows Kicks as first picture of flopped cars to stay away from! So definitely not for the weak hearted to put their money in Nissan.

Learning from other Renault vehicles : Servicing should not be cheap and parts availability could be a concern, if Renault experience is to be bench marked.

Hoping this gives you some insights about Kicks.
Diesel_Drives is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 22:06   #622
Senior - BHPian

If Kicks had worn a Korean badge, they would have had to call cops to control the crowds at showroom. The car looks so smashing. There is one in my neighbourhood and I can't get enough of how beautiful this car looks. Unmistakably distinct. And extremely rare. I spotted 2 or 3 in my city, is all.

But, like all things Japanese, they just don't seem to bother. Where is the CVT? It was announced almost a year back. Tata and Mahindra can be forgiven for not bringing in AT at the time of launch because they're Indian company and ours has all along been an MT country. But these foreign brands have their cars AT ready already. How hard is it to bring that here?
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 13:27   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Dear ridehard, I hope you saw my ownership review. Cheers!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th May 2020 at 12:20. Reason: Spacing
Old 19th February 2020, 17:14   #624
BHPian

Higher noise and vibration in Nissan Kicks Petrol Engine

Hello everyone,

I have driven my Nissan Kicks Petrol XV for about 10,500KM in past 7 months. I have driven it mostly within NOIDA for office commute, with one trip to Lucknow and another to Nainital.

When I reach home, my family comes to know about the same, due to 'the bhoom bhoom' sound of the engine in near idle RPMs, during parking. I also feel that NVH levels of the engine are on the higher side for a new vehicle. I have so far attributed the higher NVH to something irregular in the gear box. In the 10,000KM service and follow up visit last week, the workshop people worked to convince me that there is no issue in the gear box and all the 'Bhoom Bhoom' is in my mind. They also made me drive the TD vehicle after which I am slowly realizing that it is the ENGINE of my vehicle which is creating noise and vibrations.

On the expressways, at a speed of 120Kmph, the cabin noise became unbearable. At low RPM, the vibrations are everywhere - the steering wheel, race pedal, clutch pedal. At about 4000rpm, its sounds like a jet engine, only with higher vibrations. The response to clutch-release while starting off has been funny too, as the rpm tends to shoot up, and the car 'hunts' back and forth.

Incidentally, this HR15DE 4-cylinder 1.5L gasoline engine has been used in many Renault and Nissan vehicles in India, including Sunny and Duster.

I just wish to know, at the outset, whether anyone else here has experienced this. I would appreciate very much pointers on this subject.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th May 2020 at 12:21. Reason: Formatting
Old 20th February 2020, 09:49   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post

Cabin/Boot/Ergonomics : The seats could be better cushioned, specially the front ones. Leg room at rear is better than Duster but not as much as Creta. Boot is squarish and can gobble up easily 3 big international luggage bags and more. Some quirks are still carried on from Duster, most noticeable being the high driver seat. Anyone over 6 feet will not be comfortable being at driver seat for long. It sorely misses cup holders and open-able arm rest. The glove box is small but deep. Thankfully, side door pockets can hold big bottles.
Thanks for this crisp and accurate review. I agree for all parts common with Petrol version.

Speaking of arm-rests, not only the centre one is placed too far back, these (centre as well as door) are also placed low, which means that while at one hand, anyone over 6 feet will not be comfortable, on the other, only someone of this height will be able to rest their arms on the arm-rests, without having to lean.

I have driven Kicks for a while now and have experience the truth tend behind the global notion about Nissan that they enter the market with 'half-baked' products and testing etc. they leave to consumers.
Old 20th February 2020, 13:18   #626
BHPian

Re: Higher noise and vibration in Nissan Kicks Petrol Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechy_74 View Post

They also made me drive the TD vehicle after which I am slowly realizing that it is the ENGINE of my vehicle which is creating noise and vibrations.

On the expressways, at a speed of 120Kmph, the cabin noise became unbearable. At low RPM, the vibrations are everywhere - the steering wheel, race pedal, clutch pedal. At about 4000rpm, its sounds like a jet engine, only with higher vibrations. The response to clutch-release while starting off has been funny too, as the rpm tends to shoot up, and the car 'hunts' back and forth.
Sorry to hear this predicament in a new car. This doesn't sound normal at all, specially given the better quality of Noise insulation in Kicks (hoping there isn't great difference in Diesel vis-a-vis Petrol). I hear only the wind/tyre noise at such speeds, but nothing from the engine bay.

Maybe try showing it at a different/bigger dealership and also look for any references here in Duster Petrol reviews. Also does it vibrate/sound as much on idle as well?
Old 29th February 2020, 07:47   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks like some of the last remaining BSIV stock is being cleared. Saw an ad today in the Hindu offering benefits up to Rs.2.28 lakh. Does not seem to be any better than the deal revealed by Godzilla last month, though.

However what is surprising is that no other manufacturers are advertising last minute deep discounts. I would have expected a frenzy by now considering we are one month away from D-Day for BSIVs.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 23:38   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
It looks like some of the last remaining BSIV stock is being cleared. Saw an ad today in the Hindu offering benefits up to Rs.2.28 lakh. Does not seem to be any better than the deal revealed by Godzilla last month, though.

However what is surprising is that no other manufacturers are advertising last minute deep discounts. I would have expected a frenzy by now considering we are one month away from D-Day for BSIVs.
I heard from an employee that there are deeper discounts up to 5 lakhs (employee referral, which I believe they will not advertise). Check with the dealer on the details.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 11:20   #629
BHPian

So will the Nissan Kicks be petrol only in the BS6 guise? Not sure how this will help sales of Nissan India. Same applies for duster too. Maybe their operations are geared primarily towards exports now.
Old 12th April 2020, 01:53   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayankicks View Post
Hi BHPians,

This approach of being cautious made me talk to some top corporate executives of Nissan based out of their India Headquarters in Gurgaon and also talk to Employees of Nissan Factory in Chennai.
Hi, congratulations on your purchase. I just wanted to know what did the corporate executives and employees at Nissan said? I am looking to buy the Kicks but unsure about their after sale service.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th April 2020 at 03:21. Reason: Fixed quotes
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks