Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2018, 14:41   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Sad to note that CVT or AMT would not be available at launch for kicks which is a big miss in this segment. Captur did the same mistake and it looks like all others are doing the same (including Harrier I believe). Its the same engine, platform as duster and so how difficult would it be to launch with the automatic gear box? I think Nissan missed a trick here and would cost them a lot. I now will wait for Kia who hopefully dont do the same mistake

Harrier would be released with a 6 speed hyundai's TC as well.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 19:09   #182
BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
But before the people trust them, they would have to show the country they are serious about this market and are here for the long haul. They would have to invest in showrooms and service centers.
This is exactly my opinion as well. I wouldn't touch a Nissan with a barge pole until they aggressively come out with more number of showrooms and service centres, just to show their seriousness in the Indian market. A good product without a good enough sales and service network is bound to get mediocre results at best. This is what Ford has realised of late, and hence you can see its new cars slowly imbibing a sense of confidence among the customers.
nikipedia87 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 15:13   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta - size in perspective, expect it to be more spacious ( interior)than the Creta,

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd October 2018 at 15:15.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 21:36   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta - size in perspective, expect it to be more spacious ( interior)than the Creta,

Attachment 1810305

Link

Not necessarily. If you look at Duster vs Creta, you would notice that the Creta has more space, while the Duster probably has a longer boot section, whereas dimensions are very similar.

The differences in the above dimensions between Creta and the Kicks is very marginal. Unless Nissan packages the Kicks very intelligently, it would not be a substantial difference between both of them.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 21:38   #185

What use is some extra mm of space when you are packaging an old technology into Kicks. It's a Terrano which is 20bhp lower performance engine than Hyundai. And it is the same wheelbase as Terrano. Indian consumers totally rejected Nissan Terrano owing to various problems from product, pricing, dealership and service issues. So why would anyone pay for Nissan Kicks now because none of those issues have been solved. The company is really not interested in India. It's making a few million dollar losses in India and Kicks unfortunately isn't going to salvage the company. It's not Nissan's best model to get into India.
arunshaunik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 06:28   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunshaunik View Post
What use is some extra mm of space when you are packaging an old technology into Kicks.
I'm sick asking this question again and again but none could give a satisfactory reply (leave apart the answer)

Could you explain what is that 'old technology' packaged in Kicks when compared to Creta or what ever the competitor it may be, or even the global kicks.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 09:34   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

Could you explain what is that 'old technology' packaged in Kicks when compared to Creta or what ever the competitor it may be, or even the global kicks.
Your question makes perfect sense to me. I am curious to get an answer to it myself.

But just thinking aloud. Is this "old technology" capable of doing any better in the crash tests under the new upcoming safety norms? Terrano/Duster scored only 3 star in the Global NCAP test.

And I sincerely hope Nissan does not fit sub-standard airbags in this Terrano (AKA Duster) reincarnation.

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 23rd October 2018 at 09:40.
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:17   #188
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sick asking this question again and again but none could give a satisfactory reply (leave apart the answer)

Even I did not understand this 'old' versus 'new'. Kids normally say "I want the new chair, new cap etc" even if it is the same as the old one .

On a serious note, as a buyer I will not bother too much about the platform it is built on and whether it is new or outdated as long as I like the vehicle and it meets all my requirements.

Some interesting news-

Having failed to crack the Indian market, Japanese car major, Nissan now plans to drive in nearly half a dozen SUVs in the country to attract buyers...

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66324832.cms

At last someone has knocked some sense into their heads!
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 16:44   #189
BHPian

Quote:

OK, let me try to answer.

Why do you think auto manufacturers develop new platforms? Do you think they believe that once they have achieved a good result with a platform they should just stop trying?

Perhaps many will agree that the Kick's platform is good but doesn't mean it can't be beat by something newer.

For example, my grandad swore that the Ambassador's back seat could never be beat by the modern cars. But the Ambi is dead, and so is its back seat.

I think we should modernise car platforms in India with their international counterparts. We get stuck with ancient leftovers way too often.

Honestly it is human nature to want something new. I don't buy the "If it is no broken don't try to fix it" logic. We should keep demanding more of manufacturers especially when they want to charge a higher price for every new iteration.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 20:41   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Why do you think auto manufacturers develop new platforms? Do you think they believe that once they have achieved a good result with a platform they should just stop trying?
Valid, in case of the requirement of new platform is justified (either if the current platform couldn't satisfy the regulatory or market need)
Here the case of Kicks (or Captur) is completely different. Globally it was built on a different platform, CMF to be specific, why because several other models at those locations were built on the same platform. And if you could understand, the same happened in India as well with the Duster platform, again because "those other models" planned globally were not planned for India. So why invest on a new platform for just 1 model?

Quote:
Perhaps many will agree that the Kick's platform is good but doesn't mean it can't be beat by something newer.
Similarly, anything 'new' doesn't mean it is superior always

Quote:
For example, my grandad swore that the Ambassador's back seat could never be beat by the modern cars. But the Ambi is dead, and so is its back seat.
Ambi is dead, but I couldn't find a similar back seat in that segment till date. That speaks about one of the missed platform under modernization

Quote:
I think we should modernise car platforms in India with their international counterparts. We get stuck with ancient leftovers way too often.
if that is really adding some value

Quote:
Honestly it is human nature to want something new. I don't buy the "If it is no broken don't try to fix it" logic. We should keep demanding more of manufacturers especially when they want to charge a higher price for every new iteration.
But the mass market is more towards calculated risk. Majority of the crowd doesn't want something new that isn't proven.
They run a business, not charity. Obviously they try to make money at every possible instance.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 22:54   #191
BHPian

Nissan working on compact SUV to take on Ford EcoSport. Update: Named Kicks

I think too much is talked about the platforms, I dont remember these being so important some years back when Hyundai and Maruti etc were churning car after car on same platform and who cared. I think Nissan missed a trick by coming up with a new name to satisfy this need but to me its ultimately all about how the car drives, space and safety ratings. If thats taken care of, I am happy. I guess the new regulations would take care of the same and the company guys would be keeping all of that in mind.

A rose by any other name smells as sweet, right? 😬

Last edited by urajkumar : 25th October 2018 at 22:56.
urajkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 10:41   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Feature rich Nissan Kicks to get :

1. 360-degree surround view system - Top end variant

2. Telematics-enabled smartwatch - Through Nissan connect

Quote:
Not only will it have the regular functions of a smartwatch, but it'll also let owners track information such as how fast the car is being driven at any point of time, the vehicle's location and could incorporate several other vital functions
Quote:
Slated to launch in January 2019, the Kicks is likely to share engine and gearbox options with the Renault Captur, and at an estimated price of Rs 9.4-15 lakh
Link
Old 29th October 2018, 18:23   #193
BHPian

Thanks to my friend Raosaheb Patil, from our Team Duster India group for sharing these images of the Nissan Kicks. Apparently these vehicles are parked in his office building at Thane in Mumbai. The black tint is so very dark that it prevented him from taking snaps of the interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1540817374205.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1540817386350.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1540817404229.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1540817417182.jpg  

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-1540817430641.jpg  

soumobakshi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 08:31   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks on its final tests before its 2019 January launch,

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-nissankicksindiaspyshotspiedlaunchjanuary1.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-nissankicksindiaspyshotspiedlaunchjanuary2.jpg

Link
Old 7th November 2018, 10:45   #195
BHPian

With the recent news of TATA launching without AT, i guess Nissan might go the Captur / Harrier way as well and miss a trick by only coming with Manual. All it takes to see how much sales of CRETA & top end vehicles is Automatic and ensure these options are available at launch. Whats the use of 360 degree camera or Bose speakers if I have to continue to labor with the clutch as usual.

However I also feel its because of the impending BS6 launch in April 2020 which is another cause which is why Jeep also seems to be delaying the diesel AT launch.The more I read about BS6, i am leaning towards waiting for another year till BS6 cars are launched to ensure resale value is protected.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks