Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2018, 09:03   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Interestingly, while the Kicks is a global model, the version for India will not come built on Nissan’s V platform. Instead, the car will be built on the M0 platform designed by its partner, Renault. The M0 also underpins SUVs like Nissan's Terrano, and Renault’s Duster and India-spec Captur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Reports suggest that the India-spec Kicks will be slightly different from the one offered globally. The interior space is expected to be increased and more features could be offered.
This sounds to me the scariest part. A separate India specc'ed car? Different from the one offered globally? Using an older platform?
Where have we heard all of this before combined together? The same stable: Deja vu anyone?

To make things interesting the spotted mule already looks different. Too many questions, but the main one remains - why?
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 11:12   #107
Senior - BHPian

I checked the Nissan Kicks US webpage and the interiors look absolutely smashing. I am sold on that fabulous looking steering and classy black/charcoal interiors. If Nissan is able to launch it with similar quality levels in India, it can definitely attract some interest. https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/c...ks/design.html

Even, the exterior looks pretty good and more like a SUV than a crossover. The vehicle listed in USA is 4.3m in length. So I am not sure if Nissan will make it even bigger for India. Seems unlikely given that all competitors are similar in size.

I think the engines are not exciting at all. The Renault 1.5L DCI engine is 10 years old and they need to come up with something more exciting. Unfortunately, that's not happening. Also, the 1.5 petrol is probably weakest among all the other competitors in this price range. In USA, Nissan is offering a 1.6L petrol with 125PS which definitely seems better at least on paper.

I hope Nissan at least provides the same quality levels and equipment in the Indian version which should make this car a good competitor in this class
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 11:22   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted at Anna Salai in Chennai by an IAB reader.

Quote:
Longer than 4,000 mm, the Nissan Kicks will rival the Hyundai Creta and the upcoming VW T-Cross. Nissan is using the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance’s dual-spec platform strategy to make the Kicks more affordable in our price-sensitive market. While the global version rides on the V platform, the Indian-spec version will share its base with the Nissan Terrano, Renault Duster and the Renault Captur.

Nissan will likely offer the Kicks in India with 1.5-litre diesel and 1.6-litre petrol engines with a 6-speed manual transmission and perhaps later, a CVT option. Boomerang-shaped LED headlights with LED signature accents, 17-inch alloy wheels, 7-inch driver information display, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite-navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, six-speaker sound system, TPMS and seven airbags are some of the expected features of the Indian-spec Nissan Kicks.
The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-nissankicksexteriorspyshotindia.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-nissankicksspyshotindia.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-nissankicksrearthreequartersspyshotindia.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 15:32   #109
BHPian

Nissan needs to get better engines in their SUVs. The Nissan diesel is no match for the Creta diesel. The Ford Ecosport diesel is also better - the SOHC engine of Nissan/Renault is not up to mark with the competition
Old 10th August 2018, 15:21   #110
BHPian

Hi All,

I came across this article at The Truth About Cars, while reading about the Mahindra Roxor that they've covered.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...ility-control/

The Nissan Kicks shows a tendency to lift 2 wheels during the Elk / Moose Test, as conducted by a Mexican publication.

Video (in Spanish), on YouTube is at

You can start watching from 7:15.

At 7:45, they show a Honda City oversteering, as it goes through the double lane change.

At 8:19, they show old footage of a loaded Toyota Hilux and a Jeep Grand Cherokee both lifting 2 wheels on their tests.

From 9:00 onwards, the Nissan Kicks piece starts.

Please watch until 12:15.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 13th August 2018, 14:51   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this in via our share page!

Quote:
Nissan dealers will get a glimpse of the Kicks Crossover on 23rd Aug at the company's test tracks in Chennai. There is a likelihood of the Leaf being present as well.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 16:28   #112
BHPian

Will be interesting to see if they launch a mild hybrid version of the Kicks. There is simply not enough market for full electric cars. And Nissan needs better engines!
Old 18th August 2018, 14:19   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Kicks spied on tests again.

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-2018nissankickssuvfrontindiaspiedfirst1750x430-copy.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-newnissankickssuvindiaspiedlaunchprice5.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-newnissankicksindiaspiedsuv3750x430.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-newnissankickssuvindiaspiedlaunchprice1750x430.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-newnissankickssuvindiaspiedlaunchprice2750x430.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-newnissankickssuvindiaspiedlaunchprice3750x430.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2018 at 14:21.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 14:45   #114
Senior - BHPian

I like what I have seen so far about the Kicks.
The stance of the car looks good and like a proper SUV.
The interiors looks really good and way better than anything I have seen so far from the Renault-Nissan in India. In fact, I feel this car may have the best interiors in the segment but obviously, too early to judge without seeing in flesh. Also, it seems the car will be pretty much loaded with features. The only major weak point I see are the same old engines which are no where near the Creta. It's possible if Nissan can price this well enough, prospective buyers can overlook weaker engines in favor of other strengths. So far, this looks like the most promising launch for Nissan in India.

EDIT: Mods, can you please change the title of this thread? It says this is a Ecosport competitor but in reality, it's a Creta competitor.

Last edited by adimicra : 18th August 2018 at 14:46.
Old 18th August 2018, 16:31   #115
BHPian

This could be the dark horse next year but still want to see in flesh if it looks like a cross over or has a suv stance. So far minus points for using the old platform but could give value for money. Hope Renault learn from thier captur fiasco and price it sensibly.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 12:05   #116
Senior - BHPian

Some dope on the upcoming Nissan Nicks

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-kicks.jpg

The Nissan Kicks, which is expected to be launched in January 2019, has been shown to dealers at the factory. The SUV is likely to be offered with both petrol and diesel engine options, with prices ranging from Rs. 10-14.5 lakhs.

The Nissan Kicks shares its platform with the Renault Duster and Captur. It has a V-shaped grille flanked by large sweptback headlamps and a dual-tone bumper at the front. The rear features a raked windshield and wraparound tail lights. However, it is said that the India-spec Kicks will be slightly different from the international model.

The Kicks is expected to get a dual-tone dashboard with a touchscreen infotainment system. It is likely to get more features than the Renault Captur, including a 360-degree camera.

The Nissan Kicks will compete with the Hyundai Creta and Renault Captur in the Indian market.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 5th September 2018 at 12:27.
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 12:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a formidable competitor to the Creta, design-wise. It's sharp, just the right size almost non-offensive but somehow I just cannot wrap my head around the headlight assembly. Are those reflector type headlamps I seeing in those pictures? In this age and era?

Nissan, this product may just be your cash-cow. Please don't botch it up!
Old 5th September 2018, 13:28   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Are those reflector type headlamps I seeing in those pictures? In this age and era?

Well if you look at the spy images of the camouflaged vehicle, you can see the projectors in the first image, just below the video.
Old 5th September 2018, 15:27   #119
BHPian

This is most probably (and hopefully) going the Renault Captur way. Nissan is launching a great global product based on Nissan V platform in the world, but here in India with an inferior Duster platform. This is down-right disgusting considering how great Nissan products really are and we are being deprived of the real deal under the guise of it's global moniker.

I really hope for the love of God, manufacturers, "Please" stop making India specific products with compromised safety and quality.
jagzrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 09:06   #120
Senior - BHPian

I don't think we should jump the gun before seeing the end product.
Duster is proven to be a very robust,reliable and capable SUV. SO, using the same platform might not be a bad idea even if it's old.
We have to wait and see if Nissan is able to address the major shortcomings of the Duster/Captur - Premium interiors,good feature set and safety. I believe this car has the looks to locks horns with others in the segment including the Creta. If Nissan is able to provide the same level of equipment and quality as we have seen in the pictures of the global Kicks, it should do pretty well.
I see the engines as the major weakness of this car. However, if it scores in other departments and the pricing is competitive (read: undercuts Creta ), then I am pretty hopeful about the prospects
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks