Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
It might be a much better idea to plonk the Fiesta diesel into the FUsion - that way it WONT compete with the Fiesta, will give Ford the excise advantages from using a 1.4 litre diesel (if they can reduce a few inches of length) and give them a premium diesel hatch before Maruti can launch the diesel Swift and Hyundai the diesel Getz.
Idea is good but I guess Ford is not sure about Fusion's success in India. They have got a setback already with the ultra-poor sales of Fusion, now if the revamped Fusion does well, then only there would be any chance of Fusion TDCi. Sometimes I think this is the last try to make Fusion get going.
Old 28th November 2008, 14:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair retails for about 4.69L now. And now that the Fiesta TDCi is sucessful , why doesnt Ford come up with a Ikon TDCi ? They already have the car and engine , the small problem is of mating them - that can be done. Major resurgery wont be required I think (correct me).

Price it about 4.99 L and I think Ford has a winner in the segment and a serious threat to the Indigo. What say ?

Your views?
So at last they listened to your views!!!

Aren't you going to ask for some consultation fee ;-)

\N
Old 28th November 2008, 15:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Two things:

1. How can the premium over the Ford Flair 1.3 be only 30,000 when the difference between the Fiesta 1.4 and Fiesta TDCi is over a lac?

2. The Ikon has a great backseat. If Ford offers that engine on teh Ikon, it has basically killed the Fiesta diesel.
1)Its a reality now.
2)Let wait and see.

Most Viewed