Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:56   #1
BHPian

Scoop: Ford testing Fiesta with automatic transmission

Went today to Gurgaon Service Station of Harpreet Ford for first service. While coming out, saw a golden bronze Fiesta parked outside. Since without registration plate, thought it to be one being readied for delivery. However, something did strike while passing - it actually was an AT model. Quick enquiry brought out that it is a test piece. Regrettably, could not check in hurry if it was petrol or diesel. Took a few snaps though.

Seems Ford is listening at least to a few things being sought in the forum.

Scoop: Ford testing Fiesta with automatic transmission-fistatitanium.jpg

Scoop: Ford testing Fiesta with automatic transmission-fiesta_at.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd April 2015 at 16:16. Reason: Watermarking and inserting images,
rsm97 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:57   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Went today to Gurgaon Service Station of Harpreet Ford for first service. While coming out, saw a golden bronze Fiesta parked outside. Since without registration plate, thought it to be one being readied for delivery. However, something did strike while passing - it actually was an AT model. Quick enquiry brought out that it is a test piece. Regrettably, could not check in hurry if it was petrol or diesel. Took a few snaps though.

Wow! Seems like DCT is back in business. I am sure there is a huge AT market building up in India.
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:57   #3
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post

Whoohoo!!! This is awesome news!!!!!!
Most likely to be a petrol DCT. I just hope it'll be the Ecoboost and not the old lackluster 1.5 mill! Ford India's really talking business now!!!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

Praying for the 1.0L Ecoboost with the DCT. What a combo. Please bring this Ford and forget the 1.5L Ti-VCT.

Even the diesel with the DCT is fine.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:29   #5
BHPian

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

This is great news, whatever be the engine (petrol 1.5 or ecoboost or diesel 1.5) 😉. I guess ESP is linked to automatic gear? If that is the case , this just makes it to the top of my list. Ford is slowly and surely becoming my dream brand!

Last edited by raghav135 : 2nd April 2015 at 19:31.
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiesta AT is great news. Finally it has dawned on Ford that they are the only manufacturer without an AT variant in the C2 Segment. Hope they launch it soon.

Would be an ideal choice for folks looking for an AT Sedan but are hesitant to go for the Vento/Rapid twins due to the After Sales and concerns with the DSG, but at the same time do not want to go to the Asian counterparts. Ford is kind of in the middle. Reliable Dual Clutch AT, Solid build and features, good to drive, decent after sales.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 00:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guys isn't it too late in the day from Ford ? Hasn't the facelifted fiesta also bombed in India ? Ford has made no effort to sell the Fiesta after the facelift was launched and some questionable moves such as discontinuing the petrol MT and AT has done them even more harm.

People will be worried to put their money on a depreciating disaster even though it may be a very good car.
Old 3rd April 2015, 02:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Guys isn't it too late in the day from Ford ? Hasn't the facelifted fiesta also bombed in India ? Ford has made no effort to sell the Fiesta after the facelift was launched and some questionable moves such as discontinuing the petrol MT and AT has done them even more harm.

People will be worried to put their money on a depreciating disaster even though it may be a very good car.
Ford never wanted to sell the 2014 Fiesta in huge numbers. Neither did they advertise it, nor do they allocate more numbers of units to their dealers. U go and ask for the fiesta, and SA would try selling the Classic to you. They make less no of cars, and less people buy them. They make more Ecosports, and they are able to sell them in good numbers. People who worry about depreciation should buy used cars. I am not kidding, it makes huge sense. One who wants a Fiesta can not be satisfied with any other car in the segment. So what if we can see lesser no of Fiestas on the road? If you ask me, I would want the Fiesta even more because its exclusive.
I am planning to buy this beauty.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 06:39   #9
BHPian

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Ford never wanted to sell the 2014 Fiesta in huge numbers. Neither did they advertise it, nor do they allocate more numbers of units to their dealers. U go and ask for the fiesta, and SA would try selling the Classic to you. They make less no of cars, and less people buy them. They make more Ecosports, and they are able to sell them in good numbers. People who worry about depreciation should buy used cars. I am not kidding, it makes huge sense. One who wants a Fiesta can not be satisfied with any other car in the segment. So what if we can see lesser no of Fiestas on the road? If you ask me, I would want the Fiesta even more because its exclusive.
I am planning to buy this beauty.

I would disagree with you on this. No manufacturer would want a poor seller in their portfolio, however since ecosport is roping in the moolah for Ford, they seem indifferent towards the Fiesta. No doubt it's a great car.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 10:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I would disagree with you on this. No manufacturer would want a poor seller in their portfolio, however since ecosport is roping in the moolah for Ford, they seem indifferent towards the Fiesta. No doubt it's a great car.
+1 to your views.
Also, Ecosport cannot be the sole earner for Ford and now with Compacts from Maruti and Hyundai in the near horizon, Ecosport and Duster are two of the popular compact "pseudo" SUVs that will bear the brunt.

Please understand that Ford has been in the country much longer than Renault yet its place is right at the bottom quadrant. Fiesta (before launch and during the scoop pic days) had generated a lot of positive vibes.
The Aston Martin looks were appreciated and the driving dynamics were legendary.

What did Ford effectively do? Kill it at inception by not giving a Petrol when the market is transgressing to the "costlier" fuel.
Now, offering AT may be too late in the day and resurrection may not be possible.

They have killed the golden goose at the time of its birth!!
Old 3rd April 2015, 11:16   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually the fact is, Ford never seemed to be serious to sell the Fiesta. You can look at the Pricing, Variant mix, Marketing & Dealership treatment for this. Even now Fiesta isn't available in some Metros (Yes Metros).
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 11:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Dimensions play a big role for the Indian customers. The fiesta is smaller than competition. In no way can they make this car sell at the same price point.

Additionally where are the 16" inch alloys, Projector lamps, DRL's, touchscreen navigation systems and other selling features offered by competition?

But "why would I want to buy a dead seller ford over hyundai Verna/Honda city/ Maruti Ciaz/Skoda Rapid/ VW Vento." is the first question a normal Indian customer will ask.

With the Figo Aspire's launch pending, there really is no place for Fiesta to survive right now even with the ecoboost and DCT option. Lowering the price will create competition in its own lineup.

The only real alternative left with Ford is to launch the fiesta Hatchback which sells in larger numbers globally. economies of scale would actually generate some profits for Ford.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 11:53   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
+1 to your views.
Also, Ecosport cannot be the sole earner for Ford and now with Compacts from Maruti and Hyundai in the near horizon, Ecosport and Duster are two of the popular compact "pseudo" SUVs that will bear the brunt.

Please understand that Ford has been in the country much longer than Renault yet its place is right at the bottom quadrant. Fiesta (before launch and during the scoop pic days) had generated a lot of positive vibes.
The Aston Martin looks were appreciated and the driving dynamics were legendary.

What did Ford effectively do? Kill it at inception by not giving a Petrol when the market is transgressing to the "costlier" fuel.
Now, offering AT may be too late in the day and resurrection may not be possible.

2015 make of Fiesta are still scarce in NCR, indicating supply side issues, so I have a different take. Perhaps Ford is struggling to position Fiesta among its own portfolio. Ecosport is steadily moving up the price chain and Fiesta can not be priced lower. New Figo and Aspire too are joining soon in mid segment. Ford most likely will be forced to place Fiesta on premium side rather than VFM. If that happens, one may hope to see more power, AT; with focus on an identified segment.

I too am with the absolute agreement within forum that Fiesta will not see the volumes to be termed as 'commercial success'. I do not know how many owners really care, as long as ASS is intact.
Old 6th April 2015, 06:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I agree that no manufacturer would want a slow moving car in their portfolio. But with Ford and the Fiesta, it seems to be the case. If Ford had ever wished to sell this car in good numbers, they would have got some stock piled up at a point of time, also, we would see good discounts available. See the case of the Linea, there is a 1 Lakh+ discount on the 2015 make diesel Linea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
+1 to your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Actually the fact is, Ford never seemed to be serious to sell the Fiesta. You can look at the Pricing, Variant mix, Marketing & Dealership treatment for this. Even now Fiesta isn't available in some Metros (Yes Metros).
Totally agree. It is definitely weird, but it is true.

Ok fellas, so I am planning to get the Fiesta, but Titanium is just too far out of my budget and they don't provide bluetooth and Alloy wheels in the Trend.
One option would be to go for the Trend and get a Kinivo BTC 455 bluetooth accessory and 16" Alloys with better tyres, the other option would be to get the Ambiente variant, use the money saved to get good ICE (resulting in much better sounding system) and Alloys + Tyres. I don't like door handles and ORVM in black, so I can get them painted at the dealership itself.

Can you good folks please help me in deciding? I would have gone for the second option, the Ambiente, with the savings, I could also get the Bucket seats of the Titanium installed in Ambiente. but the biggest obstacle is that Ambiente doesn't have steering mounted ICE controls and an after market HU would definitely not look as cool as the OEM one.

BTW, I am in U.S.A. for couple of months now and I can buy some stuff from here if needed.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 17:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Ford testing Fiesta with automatic transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post

I dont agree with the suggestion of buying a used car if one worries about depreciation !! I had a Honda City which i drove for 5 years/70K and sold it for 4.25 L ! I bought the car for 9L. If i had got 2L after 5 years of usage, it would have certainly pinched me. I agree that used cars offer great value but none offer the peace of mind of a new car !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks