Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2015, 19:03   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Guys isn't it too late in the day from Ford ? Hasn't the facelifted fiesta also bombed in India ? Ford has made no effort to sell the Fiesta after the facelift was launched and some questionable moves such as discontinuing the petrol MT and AT has done them even more harm.

People will be worried to put their money on a depreciating disaster even though it may be a very good car.
It will definitely not help their sales in any way. The AT segment is still too small for this variant to cause any noticeable impact on sales. But having said that, for the small segment of AT buyers, this will be a welcome addition. But as already mentioned in a few posts, dealer interest in selling the fiesta is very poor. Experienced it when I was on the look out for an AT sedan. I was in the market just around the time they discontinued it.

The dct in the discontinued version did not have a manual mode. Since the ecosport AT launched with a manual mode, I assume the new fiesta AT will have a manual mode.
Old 6th April 2015, 19:10   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
......the biggest obstacle is that Ambiente doesn't have steering mounted ICE controls.......
Ambiente is missing the passenger airbag as well, in case that's a deal-breaker for you.
Old 20th April 2015, 14:09   #18
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop: Ford testing Fiesta with automatic transmission

I've driven the pre-facelift Fiesta automatic and it was a real hoot. When the company announced that there would be not petrol or automatic versions of the facelifted Fiesta, it came as a shock. Thankfully, they seem to have realised the mistake. I just hope its not too late. The Fiesta is among the bottom three players in the C2 sedan segment. If the car does not find many takers after the addition of the automatic variant, Ford will probably be better off pulling it out of the market and concentrating on the upcoming Figo twins.
Old 19th May 2015, 14:20   #19
BANNED

Any chances that the Automatic will get launched this year? I don't understand the delay in launching it as the pre facelift Fiesta had the same Autobox. Or are they are gonna plonk the Ecoboost in the Auto version?
Old 19th May 2015, 21:08   #20
BHPian

Can anyone say when this one's expected?
Old 19th May 2015, 22:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Any chances that the Automatic will get launched this year? I don't understand the delay in launching it as the pre facelift Fiesta had the same Autobox. Or are they are gonna plonk the Ecoboost in the Auto version?
Ecoboost is highly unlikely as being an imported engine, it will take the costs further up, especially for an automatic that is already about Rs.1.xx Lakh costlier than the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingsman View Post
Can anyone say when this one's expected?
Even I wanted to get this one as it is a Dual Clutch Transmission with a clean history, but then couldn't get any launch info, hence booked a manual diesel instead. Petrol auto should cost similar to what corresponding manual diesel costs and then you get diesel's economy and tuning options being a turboed engine.
If you want an automatic, why not have look at the Aspire instead? Launch is certain and near as well. Will save you some duty money too as its a CS.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 01:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
When it comes to marketing, Ford apparently has limited bandwidth. Right now they are occupied with Aspire (looking promising). Fiesta that anyway was being distributed halfheartedly, now has gone off-radar completely. No one in dealership had any idea recently if anything new will be on offer. I feel it is a safe assumption that automatic will not be launched anytime soon. As far as Ecoboost is concerned, its delivery against limited bookings in Ecosport is made with a sizable waiting period which is as good as delivering on demand. Since technically it should not be an issue, will be great if Ford decides to offer Ecoboost on demand for Fiesta as well as Aspire.
rsm97 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks